Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I love the clasp, BWeaves. But I'm not sure I would wear stick pearls as a necklace as they flip a lot. Maybe as earrings, I'd wear.

My summer pearls. Light and airy and easy to wear. Reborn pearl necklace and earrings with twisty gold tube beads. It never photographs as good as it looks in real life because the pairs of pearls are flat and sit at right angles to each other.

IMG_2938.jpg

Reborn pearls happen when a cultured pearl is removed from a mollusk and no new nucleus is implanted in that pearl sac. The mollusk goes back in the water and sometimes creates a pearl in that pearl sac. It's not really a keshi because it is a byproduct of the culturing process. But it's 100% nacre.

Last edited:
Oh that's so neat. When you said "reborn", I just assumed you'd taken a prior necklace apart and made a new one. I love PG; everyone is so knowledgeable, and so ready to share that knowledge. And I love your light necklace, perfect for summer.

I've always really liked stick-type necklaces on display, but have always been disappointed because they flip and lay wonky.

BritM, I also thought that a while ago until I read something and found out I was wrong all along. I'm constantly learning new things!

Your reborn pearl necklace does look a lot lighter and cooler than a full strand. I like the shape of the pearls combined with the gold links. It's getting hot over here too and I find myself avoiding strands and reaching for chains.

Yes, we went from an incredible dry spell last month to our normal summer monsoons this month. The humidity is 100% and it storms every afternoon. I just don't like wearing strung and knotted pearls in that kind of weather. It's time to dig out my summer pearls -- the reborn pearls, the Swan and the Hamantaschen, and my tin cup and pendants.

Hi Ladies!

Wow I've been super behind this summer! Loved everyone's pearlies and stylings!

I've been going on a tear with my ombre strand and wear it a lot this summer. The string got loose and I had to restring it after I brought it back from my NOLA trip. Finally got it done and wearing it again today. Usually I like pairing the ombre with a tahitian rope, but it has been so hot in NYC I decided to pair it with baroque akoya rope for a lighter/cooler look! haha and yes today was curling iron day!

IMG_8288.jpgFullSizeRender-1.jpg

I was doubting myself for a moment bc I read baroque akoyas and those looked like tahitians! And then I continued to scroll down... lol Lovely look!

Wow Purranha...those are some amazing pearls and great combinations!! Major coveting going on here...

LOL I did the same thing...I'm looking at that photo and thinking ... wut? Then got to the next one ! Those look beautiful and I love the pair of long draping pearls with the beautiful draped blouse. Lovely !

YAY! I have a soul sister!!!

More heat and 100% humidity and pouring rain today. My Judy Jetson necklace with druzy quartz, and yellow gold Mikimoto huggie earrings. It's impossible to capture how much the black and white druzy quartz sparkles.

IMG_2941.jpg

Back