Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Pareltje- My comments were simply a warning to those more uninformed readers who might go looking for Pistachios on eBay where dyed pearls are more likely to be found. I certainly was not suggesting that yours might be ! Wendy has great quality and your pearls are obviously a natural colour and beautiful. I love that colour !

Sanippy- how gorgeous is that combo ! Both strands are so lovely ! Beautiful colours !

Whoah, I loovvveeeee your combo Sanippy! They look stunning and see the luster, where are my sunglasses?

PD, thanks for the advice, I'll try it next time. It did not happen with my old Android, though. I'm confused why my new phone does it.

Katbran, yes there are dyed Tahitians out there to achieve this pistachio shade, but they look artificial. And these ones from Pearlescence are a chameleon. They look seafoam green on my ear, look silver on my hand, and they look bluish silver from a certain angle when placed in my makeshift white light box. This color shift quality made me fall in love with this pair.

I melt when I see SS goldens. Those pearls are absolutely gorgeous on your daughter's neck!

She's got very nice taste, PD!

Sanippy, adorable baby Ts, and I like how the pink polka dots are reflecting in the Ts. And the two contrasting Ts make for a very nice look! I, also, would not have thought to wear them like that but they look good together!

And what a wonderful color for earrings! I can see why you love them so much, Pareltje!

Pareltje- My comments were simply a warning to those more uninformed readers who might go looking for Pistachios on eBay where dyed pearls are more likely to be found. I certainly was not suggesting that yours might be ! Wendy has great quality and your pearls are obviously a natural colour and beautiful. I love that colour !

Sanippy- how gorgeous is that combo ! Both strands are so lovely ! Beautiful colours !

Haha I should thank you for the precious information. I thought pistachio color refers to silver greenish shade with a tint of yellow. I didn't know pistachio comprises a wide array of shades. When I purchase pearls from Wendy, I only pick natural colors although she has a great selection of both natural and dyed colored-pearls.

I have been absent for some time cleaning out my parents home as they are now both in nursing home care, my mother in memory care and my father with a recent stroke and two broken hips. It was a huge job entailing a 30 yard dumpster and an estate sale. It was an eye opening lesson on not hoarding. My thoughts...simplify and don't make your children hate you. I did find a few treasures to post on my mothers treasure thread. Back at work today with a recent Kohima purchase, akoya pearls with tiny turquoise beads shown with a strand of Sleeping Beauty turquoise and Morenci turquoise earrings done by a local artist Noah Pfeffer.

akoya pearls with tiny turquoise beads shown with a strand of Sleeping Beauty turquoisMorenci turquoise earrings done by a local artist Noah Pfeffer

Last edited:
Oh, I love that pairing PW! Those tiny turquoise are just right!
BTW - I could not agree with you more about simplifying. The one thing moving around frequently does is forces you to minimize what you own. My sister and I have been working with Mom to help her get rid of stuff now. Such a task. I feel for you!

OMG, the pearls with the turquoise looks amazing. I love both necklaces.

I'm going to have to dig into my turquoise and try pairing them up.

Pearly-Whites, I don't know. If you are uploading them from anything other than a computer, I can only suggest you try sizing them smaller and see if it helps.

I have a Mac desktop computer and upload photos from my autofocus camera-- I do not have a smartphone. If I hold the camera in a vertical position when photographing, the photos will be imported to iPhoto rotated sideways. Sometimes I have to turn them 360º twice before the correct orientation "sticks". I only export them when I have them oriented correctly in iPhoto; otherwise, they will end up being uploaded to P-G sideways.

This may be the first and last time I wear this necklace of my Mom's.

I love the look of the stick pearls, but they keep flipping up on me when I move, and I have to swat them back down.

stick pearls

Mom replaced the fishhook clasp with a really nice box clasp with a safety catch. I may cannibalize the necklace and use the clasp on better pearls.

stick pearls with box clasp

Flippy, flippy, do-dah. Grrrr. It feels like something is crawling on my neck.

the pearls keep flipping on my neck

Lol, BWeaves! You crack me up, but I so understand what you're going through. It is annoying to say the least. I made a really nice 60 inch tin cup and as pretty as it is, I just hate to wear it because I am always trying to fix the double layers so they don't tangle. Things they don't teach you in school...

Pearly Whites, I'm sorry about the dealings you have to go through with your aging parents. Hang it there! And even though your photos are sideways, we can all admire the beautiful necklace combo. They are both lovely but the tiny turquoise beads and akoyas really spark my interest. The color combo is beautiful!

PW - I'm sorry to hear that your parents are now in care. Such a difficult, difficult time. All of my friends now are in the same situation or at the end of it so I have seen how hard all the decisions are . And you are so right about sorting out possessions. I'm looking at selling my house in October and am taking serious stock of what's necessary. I wish you the best .

Love the Turquoise- sleeping beauty is so pretty !

MSC - I like Sticks ! They have a great lustre ! you might consider using a 6inch band of the stick pearls with either chain or 4mm round stones.? .

I've used sticks as accents (one pearl here or there), but I can't seem to make them work when it's mostly sticks. They work visually, but aren't any fun to wear. I'm in no hurry to revamp this one, even if I do steal the clasp for a strand of round pearls.

P.S. The "gold" knots between the stick pearls are glass beads with a real gold surface coating. I'm very wary of what type of gold I use next to pearls, as certain gold colored beads can turn the pearls black.

Back