Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves I love the drop huggies. Its pearls are very droppy you know like drops of water. What kind of pearl are they?

I have no idea, but I strongly suspect they are bead nucleated, dyed freshwater pearls. They were not very expensive.

Sanippy, your tahitians look fabulous! I love pulling stuff apart and rearranging and recreating.

Here are some more shots of my birthday blues...I layered the pieces with my big blue necklace...I'm not actually wearing this today, so please forgive the stripped top...I was just playing a bit of dress up! And I still haven't done light box shots, but here's one on the necklace stand.
more shots of my birthday blues...I layered the pieces with my big blue necklacemore shots of my birthday blues...I layered the pieces with my big blue necklace x 2more shots of my birthday blues...I layered the pieces with my big blue necklace x 2

It looks very nice! I'm sure the clearness of the stones will show in a light box. Having a solid color underneath with no light probably dims their clearness. They probably look nicer in pictures with direct light too, unlike our pearls which makes photographing tricky. My eyes keep getting drawn to your big Ts! Were those the light colored Ts you made? They look huge!

Sanippy, Your new strand is so colorful! Were you the person with the long strand of baby T's? Is that what you took apart? I bet you can't stop looking at those colors! What do you have planned for the other pearls?

amti, yes... taking photos of gemstones and pearls is so challenging! And yes, those are the pearls I made some time ago...they are huge, and I love them. They are by far, my most favorite pearls. I haven't measured them in quite some time, so I can't say how large they are, but the new strand (with aquas) has pearls 8 to just under 11mm.

Thank you ladies!

Jp, I love your blue set. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in real life.

amti, yes that was me! They will likely all go back into a rope at some stage, perhaps colour graduated. I also separated out a bowl of pinks and one of silvers. Here are the pinks - some have subtle overtones but the pinkishness is definitely more evident in person.

The pink overtone Tahitians, some with subtle overtones but the pinkishness is definitely more evident in person

Sanippy, may I make a suggestion to you? While you are waiting to decide what to do with these lovely pearls, string them on a bit of beading wire or even Beader's Secret. That will prevent any problems with nucleus shifting in the pearls. I always string up my pearls once they have been drilled to prevent it from happening.

Sanippy, may I make a suggestion to you? While you are waiting to decide what to do with these lovely pearls, string them on a bit of beading wire or even Beader's Secret. That will prevent any problems with nucleus shifting in the pearls. I always string up my pearls once they have been drilled to prevent it from happening.

Great idea, thanks JP!

JP, your blues are bluetiful! ..sorry :) Seriously, they look amazing and I bet the color is fantastic in natural lighting.

Regarding the string, that's a great idea you suggested. I would never have thought the nucleus sliding around could be a potential issue.

Thank you ladies!

Jp, I love your blue set. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in real life.

amti, yes that was me! They will likely all go back into a rope at some stage, perhaps colour graduated. I also separated out a bowl of pinks and one of silvers. Here are the pinks - some have subtle overtones but the pinkishness is definitely more evident in person.

View attachment 51534

Very pretty pearls, sanippy! I also wondered what you were considering for the remaining T's.

Thanks Katbran & SunSeeker!

I also would love to know where to purchase high quality gemstone rondelles. Any recommended suppliers in Australia Katbran?

Back