Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Happy belated birthday JP! I love this set, so stunning! Do you have any light box photos that show off the blue pearls?

Beautiful ! I think that you have to assume that almost all the coloured stones that are bought are not natural and are enhanced. Natural Aqua are terribly expensive and the less expensive have little colour-hence the heat treatment. But like you I dont care :) I'm happy with heat treated as long I get the colour I want. Those are very pretty !!

Kat, the aquas weren't inexpensive...but since I was able to make 3 pieces the value was there! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!) I am also thinking about doing this one using lighter aquas (not treated) but I haven't found the right stones yet...

Sanippy when it's done I will definitely pop this one in the light box and post more photos!

BWeaves, you know you and I share a love of blues...

I should also add that the stones appear somewhat milky in these photos...they are not, they are crystal blue (with some inclusions).

Last edited:
Hot today. I wore the Swan on the white gold knit choker with my Kojima blue grey drops attached to white topaz huggies. Denim tank top, because pearls go better with jeans than fancy dresses.

the Swan on the white gold knit choker with my Kojima blue grey drops attached to white topaz huggies

the Swan on the white gold knit choker with my Kojima blue grey drops attached to white topaz huggies

Jersel pearls that necklace is gorgeoussss!! What is beaders secret?? I need to snoop around the lowly beaders forums.

BWeaves I love the drop huggies. Its pearls are very droppy you know like drops of water. What kind of pearl are they?

Kat, the aquas weren't inexpensive...but since I was able to make 3 pieces the value was there! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!) I am also thinking about doing this one using lighter aquas (not treated) but I haven't found the right stones yet...

Sanippy when it's done I will definitely pop this one in the light box and post more photos!

!

I should also add that the stones appear somewhat milky in these photos...they are not, they are crystal blue (with some inclusions).

Oh goodness I wasn't implying they were cheap !! I could tell they were nice ones ..such a lovely polish on the smooth rondelles ! I was speaking generally..that the lower quality is always treated to add depth of colour. Your are beautiful

JP, I love those beautiful and luscious aquas! I am also a big fan of blues!! pretty designs and great color!

Thanks Katbran! I'm going to string the special ones with my peacock bracelet pearls. Here's a draft layout

stringing the special ones with my peacock bracelet pearls draft layout

stringing the special ones with my peacock bracelet pearls

stringing the special ones with my peacock bracelet pearls 2

Last edited:
The pearls look really pretty...I have to ask though since it's a bit hard to tell from the photos...since you have done a graduated necklace..are they balanced on each side. From the photo at the bottom it looks like one size might be larger down around the 12-16th pearls ? Might be the camera angle. I know sometimes in getting the colours where you want them it's easy to get the sizes unbalanced. It's not a criticism as the necklace looks gorgeous...I only mention it for a double check. I'd hate to have you do what I've done back at the beginning..and knot up a necklace to then notice I had two unbalanced pearls. Well done !

Oops I didn't see your post before stringing! They are roughly even but perhaps a couple centre left are slightly bigger than centre right?

strung with my peacock bracelet pearls

strung with my peacock bracelet pearls 2

Back