Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I'd take that coffee mate anytime!

Thank you, Jersey, Kat, and asurazzy :) Whether or not keshi is more expensive than cultured I think depends on the rarity of the keshi and their size and quality. For their size and quality, the SoC keshi are more expensive than the cultured pearls because they are so rare. I haven't seen an erotochromatic quality SoC keshi yet (though I might die and empty out my bank account if I did!). The Tahitian keshi's I've purchased have not been as expensive as the cultured pearls and that too has to do with quality. I haven't seen Tahitian keshi's with the mirror luster that really high quality Tahitian's get. I've never purchased SSP keshi as of yet, so I can't comment on those, but others here have.

It's a slippery obsessive slope, Jersey! Does your daughter do ebird? I've resisted because I don't have the spare time to get sucked into that rabbit hole. My boss is obsessive about it though.

I'd take that coffee mate anytime!

Thank you, Jersey, Kat, and asurazzy :) Whether or not keshi is more expensive than cultured I think depends on the rarity of the keshi and their size and quality. For their size and quality, the SoC keshi are more expensive than the cultured pearls because they are so rare. I haven't seen an erotochromatic quality SoC keshi yet (though I might die and empty out my bank account if I did!). The Tahitian keshi's I've purchased have not been as expensive as the cultured pearls and that too has to do with quality. I haven't seen Tahitian keshi's with the mirror luster that really high quality Tahitian's get. I've never purchased SSP keshi as of yet, so I can't comment on those, but others here have.

It's a slippery obsessive slope, Jersey! Does your daughter do ebird? I've resisted because I don't have the spare time to get sucked into that rabbit hole. My boss is obsessive about it though.
I'll have to ask her.

so many beauties to enjoy!!

msc, love your keshi necklaces! Yes, it's been rainy here too! ..for days and days!
asurazzy, you look beautiful in your wss drop earrings and big baroques!
Curly Celt, welcome to P-G! your rosebud strand is lovely!

I borrowed lmgarden's three little fig look today!

I borrowed lmgarden's three little fig look

Last edited:
Oh wow. Gorgeous, everybody's pearls are gorgeous.

Here be dragons! My Mom's 12 strand Rice Krispie torsade.

12 strand Rice Krispie torsade

Sanippy, what a coincidence.., today I wore my 3 Kamoka figs with a Tahitian strand I bought on ruelala!!

I've been crazy busy lately - I really need to catch up! Lovely pearls everybody!!!!!

my 3 Kamoka figs with a Tahitian strand I bought on ruelalamy 3 Kamoka figs

Sanippy, what a coincidence.., today I wore my 3 Kamoka figs with a Tahitian strand I bought on ruelala!!

I've been crazy busy lately - I really need to catch up! Lovely pearls everybody!!!!!

Argh! Lmgarden's 3 little figs! So sorry! Your Tahitian strand is stunning too. So colourful

Thank you everybody. Lovely pearls by everyone as well. Sanippy those 3 little figs are a cute look. Never thought wearing 3 single pendants like that. Will it stay in place? N Bweaves how magnificent is that dragon? Where ur late mum get such necklace?? Been looking your thread post about ur late mum. There are magnificent pieces there.

Bweaves how magnificent is that dragon? Where ur late mum get such necklace?? Been looking your thread post about ur late mum. There are magnificent pieces there.

Thank you. My parents owned a small Mom&Pop department store way back when, in a little one horse town. They had a small jewelry department in the store, so they'd go to the jewelry markets and Mom would sometimes get something special for herself. I'm pretty sure the dragon necklace came from one of the wholesale vendors, but I don't know which one. Plus it was back in the 1980s or 90s, so I really don't remember the details.

So here's something I did up for myself...kind of a delayed birthday gift...I was born in March, hence the use of aquamarine stones. I'm kind of still playing with this design so the pearls and aquas may get restrung.

Restringing pearls with aquamarine stones

And I should add that the pearls and aquas are strung on Beader's Secret, in sky blue. I gotta say, I just LOVE using that stuff!!

Restringing pearls with aquamarine and white topaz  stonesRestringing pearls with aquamarine and white topaz stonesRestringing pearls with aquamarine with white topaz

The stones used are aquamarines and white topaz; the pearls are blue, although they look grey in the photos, they are not...they pair very well with the aquas. I'm going to finish the two gemstone beaded strands in white gold (waiting on some components to arrive...and I HATE waiting!) They will be three separate pieces that can be worn together or individually. I am going to need to get myself more of these excellent aquas...supposedly they are natural color (but I have my doubts...I believe they have been heat treated, which doesn't bother me a bit because I'm all about the great color.)

Back