Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Yeah, every now and then I think I'm done buying pearls. I have pretty much everything I want.
Then I find something new to want. :p

I know, they are so addictive. Do you all still wear your older pieces? Or do they fall by the wayside as new pieces are acquired?

Just received these pics from Erin! They look great.

IMG_8625.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

IMG_8627.jpg

PS I changed my username. I felt like a fraud with zero hanadama pearls!

You are so funny! I love the new addition to the collection! Congrats!

BW-I love the Hisano piece! It is spectacular on you!!

Sanippy, we recognize you by your pearls, never fear ... it's so funny at the Ruckus :) I did not think you were a "fraud" lol ... I figured it was an aspiration, not an acquisition!

Sanippy those look great. Are they the 8 to 10mm drop silver tahitians I see on the website?

Thanks Kalmen! No, these are th 8-10mm ovals - https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/8-0-9-0-mm-aa-silver-oval-tahitian-pearl-necklace

This stunning Tahitian pearl necklace features pearls with oval shapes that look round from a distance. The pearls are silver with subtle blue and green overtones. The strand is composed of well-matched pearls in the tight size range of 8.0 to 10.0 mm, and have natural light blemishing with the highest luster. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with a 14k gold clasp.

The drops are beautiful!

PhotoGrid_1493707067845.jpg
Recent pearl pics to remind myself I really shouldn't get those ovals Snaippy! Ahhhh.
And I just ordered a coconut ring from Kamoka. So I really shouldn't

Kalmen those pearls are gorgeous!! The Tahitian strand looks perfect with your ombré rope. Can't wait to see your coconut ring. Love Kamoka!

SO YOU bought my coconut ring! Actually, I love it that I know where the items I've been ogling now live. It means I get to see them again from time to time!

JerseyPearl et al: Good sources for the "GOOD White Topaz" ? I've never seen white topaz that impressed me, so I'm sure I've never seen the good stuff, because if it impresses JP .... :)

I really like small and sparkly, not big and blingy (well ok, maybe just a little)...and I was impressed with them when they came out from behind the counter at a mineral shop. I didn't buy them when I first saw them, but knew I had to have them...to me, they have the same sparkle factor as black spinel. And they are ever so ever faintly blue when all lumped together in a pile. Kind of like ice crystals...different than CZs or diamonds.

SO YOU bought my coconut ring! Actually, I love it that I know where the items I've been ogling now live. It means I get to see them again from time to time!

It wasn't me. But I was eyeing them too. Except they were size 7. So I had to get it customised as i needed a size 5.

Here is a pic he sent to mePhotoGrid_1493446928250.jpg

Kalmen--What an incredible ombre strand! Absolutely beautiful. the coconut ring is just too cool!

This is my latest endeavor. I was inspired by MSC camouflaging defects in necklaces and pearls with these little diamond inserts. These are an old pair of black 9mm Tahitian earrings which I didn't really wear. I ordered the little diamond inserts from Bella Findings. Sorry for the blurry ear shot! IMG_1661.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

This is my latest endeavor. I was inspired by MSC camouflaging defects in necklaces and pearls with these little diamond inserts. These are an old pair of black 9mm Tahitian earrings which I didn't really wear. I ordered the little diamond inserts from Bella Findings. Sorry for the blurry ear shot! View attachment 50890View attachment 50891

Those look great...I've been tempted on several occasions to order those...which size did you get?

Kalmen22: I was eyeing the other coconut ring, as it was a size 8 and I have big knuckles, but that one is gorgeous, too!!! But your ombre' rope is to die for. Wow!

PearlyWhites: The diamond inserts in the studs look great. They sit just right on your earlobe. Kojima has a pair like that, and I keep eyeing them, but I'm afraid my holes aren't straight, and that mine would look droopy or cross-eyed or something. I'm secretly hoping to try them on at Ruckus, maybe (along with just about everything else).

Last edited:
Pearls gone wild! My co-irkers actually commented on all my pearls today.

My PP Hanadama rope with Mom's akoya choker. I love the way these two necklaces glow. Mikimoto white gold huggie earrings with attached round pearl drops.

IMG_2874.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshwater bracelet.

IMG_2875.jpg

Back