Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Gorgeous!! I love doing these multicoloured multi shaped ropes! Thats a nice mix of colours and sizes. What is the size of the smallest and largest ? It looks fabulous on you !

Thanks everyone! I knew that if I had been eyeing it for a year, it was a good idea to jump when the offer was made (I had tried it on a bunch of times in the interim).

It's 48 inches long. The large WSS, GSS and Tahitian pearls are around 14mm. The smallest Tahitians are around 9mm, and the 'average' size Tahitians that make up the bulk of the strand are between 11-12 mm. So it's quite a bit more substantial than my silver rope (which is also something that I wear constantly). I do have to admit to having a bit of neck soreness though after wearing it for a full day of work. It's clearly hitting my limit for weight (either that or I'll have to start doing exercises to make my neck stronger).

Thank you again ladies! :D

Karman, those studs are delightful! The size looks perfect on your lobe. I notice you use the plug and the earring backing...is that to keep them stable? Or are the backings a tad loose?

JP, I use plugs because they give me peace of mind that the earring back won't fall off :D Most of the time the backs are very secure (this pair included) and the plugs aren't needed, but I use them anyway because they stop me from touching my earring backs every 5 minutes to make sure they're still on! I'm just obsessive like that. It's like when I used to check my purse once in a while to make sure my wallet and keys are still inside...

I found though that with my larger 10 mm studs, my phone knocks them a bit loose even if the backs are normally very secure, so for larger studs they actually do help.

Karman, that's a good point you make about the phone. I'll have to remember that.

BWeaves, think your Majorca Ts look great! And they would be perfect travel pearls!

Karman, stunning peacock Ts. I'm playing around with some at the moment too.

IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

Thanks everyone! I knew that if I had been eyeing it for a year, it was a good idea to jump when the offer was made (I had tried it on a bunch of times in the interim).

It's 48 inches long. The large WSS, GSS and Tahitian pearls are around 14mm. The smallest Tahitians are around 9mm, and the 'average' size Tahitians that make up the bulk of the strand are between 11-12 mm. So it's quite a bit more substantial than my silver rope (which is also something that I wear constantly). I do have to admit to having a bit of neck soreness though after wearing it for a full day of work. It's clearly hitting my limit for weight (either that or I'll have to start doing exercises to make my neck stronger).

CMD- It's a gorgeous strand but I did wonder how you were going with the length. I have always made my 'harvest' ropes very long, just like yours. Generally coming in at 46-48 inches. But a month ago, a customer in Venice Beach Fla asked for it to be 32 in ... she had seen one of mine on a friend of hers and tried it on but felt it was too heavy. So I reworked it down to 32...and I was quite surprised at how much I liked it. (I've always loved these doubled) I used one of PP's Orbits in gold and it looked wonderful. Now her friend wants me to rework hers which I'll have to do in June when I return. Prior to mailing it to Fla, I showed it to a friend of mine, who has one of my long gray based harvest strands - she commented on the length and wants me to redo hers as it's too heavy to wear all day. sigh

So now I have two more very pretty WhiteSS, Gold SS and Grey Tahitians done up that will come in at 40+ and I'm thinking I should just remake them now lol
That's a long way to say you could always get it redone into a 32 and the left overs made into a 16 or pick up a few loose ones and do 18 if you like that better.

They are all from Jac - most are circled peacocks (some with coloured bands as opposed to grooves) and others are from his near-round multi coloured mix! I think I have just enough for a bracelet for now.

Katbran you should post the pieces you make for clients! If not here then on Facebook or Instagram!

So sweet of you to ask Hanadama .. I know everyone likes photos ! I'm so lazy I never post much.. lol I'll put a photo of the two strands up on instagram tomorrow when the light is better. I hate to think of rearranging them all over again...I know it seems like it's easy but I find getting the balance right and the placement right to be quite tricky. I'm annoyed with myself as I can't find a nice fat WSS bi colour from Sven that I was going to use in one of them...maybe it will turn up before I start laying them out.

But here is one purple on I just did for a big event planner - she is so 'out there' and 'arty' that I thought she'd like something a bit more edgy but she went straight for the basic strand of 11mm -12mm ish Edison purples.. once again Patty's Lilac BS was perfect.
fullsizeoutput_ca3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow such gorgeous purple Edisons! Now where did those pearls come from? I love the photo too!

Hanadama-I can't wait to see the bracelet!

hanadama, those are AMAZING! are you planning on making a bar necklace? Tin cup? collect more and make a full strand? :D

SunSeeker - I've actually knocked an earring off with my phone, I didn't even realize what happened until I heard my earring fall to the ground! Luckily I was just in my office, the floor is carpeted and the pearl wasn't damaged.

Kat, that is such a lovely strand! That lucky event planner!! :)

Some recent pieces this week...

Another Katbran creation that shipped with my extreme graduated lavender strand. I love the simplicity of these earrings, the thick silver wire, and the drop length. So lightweight and comfy too!

IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0921.JPG

And I got these super adorable hand carved mother of pearl cat beads... got a pair of white, black, and pink. I made them into mismatched earrings with some of my leftover keshi Tahitians. I have one black cat and another with mixed cream/brown/black colouring, so this is perfect!

IMG_0887.JPG

Shown here with MSC inspired Tahitian keshi necklace:

ACD4C114-7EC2-44C1-A8E7-F0527DB71EB5.jpg

Katbran,

I have to admit, I've started to have that thought about my silver rope. It's 54 inches, and I had it strung as a 46 inch rope plus an 8 inch bracelet for versatilility. I rarely wear it with the bracelet in though as it gets quite heavy (my original thought was to be able to wear it as both a longer and a shorter double strand), so I end up wearing it all the time as a short double. I've been thinking that it might be nicer as a 32-36 inch single to be worn long.

Last edited:
Back