Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Here is my copy of BN's keishi. It was 16" 3-4mm Keishi which I knotted every third pearl. It finished at just over 18". The pearl was purchased loose at a jewelry store in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico and it looked blah on a silver chain. I fantasize that it is my Sea of Cortez pearl (haha) because it is from Mexico. It really begs for a WSS drop....someday. IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1335.jpgIMG_1337.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all!

I love your little keshi PW! You did a great job on that necklace!

Karman, hanadama, Pearly-Whites, and BW, thanks for all the eye candy! You ladies have made/acquired some lovely treasures!

So many stunning pieces. Thank you everyone for sharing them!

Thanks everyone for your comments :D

hanadama, your restrung T strand looks great! BW, lovely tin cup. PW, great job on the keshi necklace!

I knotted this mixed size strand over the weekend with the Beader's Secret thread that just arrived from Pattye last week! Pearls are nothing fancy, just a few inexpensive strands from Wen on Etsy.

I didn't know a knotting thread could change my life, but it just did with this strand. When I was knotting with silk thread, I've gotten good and was able to get the knot right up to the pearl, but not without pulling very hard on the thread to make sure it's stretched out completely when I tighten the knot with tweezers (that's with pre-stretching the silk, too). That's caused quite a few "thread burns" on my hands and even blisters on my very first necklace!

Not with this stuff... now I know why it's so popular and why everyone highly recommends it! I will use up what silk thread I have, and never buy or use it again. I'm still glad I learned to knot with silk so that I can really appreciate how easy it is to knot with Beader's Secret. In total this necklace took me just a little over an hour, even with my first time messing with gimp and pearl glue!

IMG_0889.JPG

Lovely necklace! I was totally blown away by Beader's Secret, too. I'm a complete convert.

I had a ton of beading silk. I gave it all away. No point in junking up my stash of supplies if I'm truly never going to use real silk again. I couldn't even repurpose it for weaving, sigh. I thought about using the silk up, and then thought, NAH, life's too short to suffer.

Thank you Pareltje, Pearl Dreams and BWeaves!

BW - I only have 3 little cards of Griffin silk left. I have no one to give them away to, but might use them to restring my mother in law's pearls. I've actually never seen her wear this pearl necklace she wants me to restring. I think if I do use them, I'm going to try hanging something heavy off of it to stretch overnight, or use an iron to gently stretch it out.

Karman, love the layout and you did a great job.! I'm also a massive fan of beaders secret! Even in comparison to other nylon/synthetic threads it's so much easier to use. And the colours are great too.

Karman, welcome to the Beaders' Secret fan club ... wonderful materials to work with, from our lovely Pattye :) What an inventive and perfectly delightful arrangement of pearls you've done on this newest necklace ... awesome!

Yesterday, my Judy Jetson necklace with druzy quartz and diamonds. Worn with my Mikimoto yellow gold huggies.

IMG_2712.jpg

Today, my first akoya rope, with Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon 18" and my Birthday choker. Worn with my ruby heart and akoya drops. I really appreciate how light and easy the smaller pearls are to wear. I can really layer them up and not feel weighed down.

IMG_2720.jpg

Great job, Karman. Welcome to the Beaders Secret fan club! No more carded silk for me either!! BW, very nice Judy Jetson necklace and love your layered look! May I ask, how long is your rope?

I have a new addition! I've been eyeing this strand at my local independent jeweler's for over a year. As it hadn't sold, they agreed to let me have it at a great (as in comparable to online) price! I put it on layaway (mainly because I had a vacation planned already) and picked it up today. "My necklace" is finally actually mine!

ETA: sorry for the grubby t-shirt. I had to change out of my work clothes as my cat was dying for attention.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
That necklace is a beauty, CMD. I have been craving a white, gold and "black" necklace for a while now.

cmd: Actually, I think it looks great with that T-shirt. The color and neckline are perfect. Of course, I love pearls with denim. The necklace is stunning. Congratulations.

Sunseeker: Wow, what a great bracelet. That particular rope is 34 1/4 inches long. My blue akoya rope is 35 inches long, and my Hanadama rope is 36 inches long. They nest perfectly, but it was complete serendipity.

Last edited:
Back