Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Sunseeker, Hanadama, Baby Nurse for your kind words.
I love looking at your pearls too. I will try to post more! ��

I've been checking this thread but not responding, but I've been loving all the lovely pearls everyone's been wearing lately! :D All the T's and even Fiji pearls?!

I just received this 9.5 mm baroque Akoya strand from HS Jewellery & Watches on eBay yesterday. Canada Post decided to hold onto it for weeks and weeks, and finally it arrived, after the seller launched an investigation with the HK postal service and Canada Post and was just about to refund my money. I had another item ordered in January elsewhere that still hasn't arrived, but unfortunately I think that other one is most likely lost.

This was listed as a "bargain" item by the seller and has pearls with mixed overtones (none, rose, rose with blue) and varying levels of iridescence. Most of the pearls have very good to excellent lustre, and the surface is winkled or imperfect on most of them. It kind of gives the necklace a more casual feel though, I love it! I think this might be my favourite size of pearls for a necklace this length. The smaller pearls tend to make me feel like I should be wearing a skirt suit or something.

9.5 mm baroque Akoya strand from HS Jewellery & Watches

9.5 mm baroque Akoya strand from HS Jewellery & Watches

Karman, I'm with you, that is a great size for baroque akoyas. I love wearing my 9.5-10mm baroque akoyas. They just feel good on the neck.

How frustrating having to wait so long for them to arrive. I hope you will be able to get a refund on the pearls that you think are lost.

Karman, what a beautiful necklace! I agree, the size is perfect and looks lovely on you!

Karman, I feel for you. Canada Post once held something I ordered for 6 months before it finally arrived. By then the seller had already replaced the item for me. I contacted them and paid them twice, since I felt I couldn't send the items back and have them arrive in any sort of time. They were handmade spindles. I sold the duplicates to my spinning friends.

Your necklace is gorgeous. Just the perfect length and size and luster. Lovely!

Yesterday I wore my Birthday choker with the mabe enhancer and the ruby swan and ruby heart earrings. The mabe enhancer is really growing on me. Also, I cannot get over how my birthday choker glows. Those are 60 year old akoyas.

Birthday choker with the mabe enhancer and the ruby swan and ruby heart earrings

Today I'm wearing my reborn pearl necklace and earrings with a sleeve knit gold necklace and my little h emerald soufflé pendant.

my reborn pearl necklace and earrings with a sleeve knit gold necklace and my little h emerald soufflé pendant

Reborn pearls are pearls that form in a pearl sac after a cultured pearl has been removed but a new nucleus has NOT been inserted. They're not really considered keshi. They are 100% nacre and they look it, but they are very hard to photograph.

my reborn pearl necklace and earrings with gold necklace and my little h emerald soufflé pendant

Last edited:
Thanks PD, PW, Kat, Sunseeker, Pareltje, JP and BW!

BWeaves-that's RIDICULOUS! I probably get upwards of 50 packages per year through Canada Post (most of them international) and I rarely run into issues with them, but when I do, they screw up big time. I just wonder, if the seller never opened a case with them, whether my package would've shown up.

Your birthday choker looks lovely with that mabe! What a gorgeous teardrop shape. And that little h! I've been dreaming of owning the Tahitian rings with the rubies. So beautiful--maybe one day.

It's amazing how few packages are actually really lost. My sister and I send and receive hundreds of packages a year and only had one that never arrived. There is no rhyme or reason to the length of time it takes for an item to get somewhere. I mailed two packages to NYC on the same day from Michigan .. one took three days and one took 16 days. And don't let me get started on Dallas.. it's like a black hole for our shipping lol

Some new creations

Some new creations

Some of my new creations. All pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the "pits and other imperfections" on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also used. Do not pearl play as often as I'd like. Here is hoping time and life will allow me to get back at it more in the future. Enjoy! Cheers!!!

All pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the pits and other imperfections on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also usedAll pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the pits and other imperfections on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also usedAll pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the pits and other imperfections on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also usedpeach freshwater pearlsAll pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the pits and other imperfections on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also usedAll pearls are fresh waters of various shapes. Red and gold ones are dyed. Peach and mauve ones are natural color I think, no visible evidence of dyeing at the holes or in ant of the pits and other imperfections on the pearls where dye tends to collect. Amethyst, garnet, and black onyx beads were also used

Hi Ash: I love the amethyst ones, but I'm a sucker for purple. And amethysts. And pearls.

Oh Karman - I came across this HS jewellery web page and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them
The pearls are a good size on you.

Bweaves, i like your birthday pearls with the mabe pendant. Of course the little h emerald geode is always wonderful

Today I wore my Gssp ring and a silver Solar ring made by Joanne Low local Singaporean jewellery designer
Gold South Sea pearl ring and a silver Solar ring made by Joanne Low local Singaporean jewellery designer

Beautiful pieces Ash!

Oh Karman - I came across this HS jewellery web page and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them
The pearls are a good size on you.

Bweaves, i like your birthday pearls with the mabe pendant. Of course the little h emerald geode is always wonderful
I've shopped with them previously probably 8-9 years ago too, their customer service is top notch and I've been happy with all of my purchases in the past.

All Mom's today. Her pearl circle pin, 9mm akoya choker, SS drops on her diamond hoops, her 2 sets of tricolor gold bangles, her akoya pearl ring, and not shown, her ruby ring on my left hand.

Mom's today. Her pearl circle pin, 9mm akoya choker, SS drops on her diamond hoops, her 2 sets of tricolor gold bangles

her akoya pearl ring

Back