Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves, isn't it interesting what colors complement pearls? I wouldn't have thought olive grey drab would make those blues sing but they really come alive.

Yes, I discovered the olive drab / blue pearls combo quite by accident. Now, I seek it out.

Lovely lovely pearls everyone!

Love opal in matrix and it goes so well with that pearl :)

I was suprised by the drab olive/blue akoya combo as well. It really sets off those blues. I'm going to keep that in mind because I'll be getting my first Vietnamese akoyas soon and I have a lot of drab olive in my wardrobe (lol my fieldwork life has infiltrated my wardrobe).
Vietnamese akoyas
Vietnamese akoyas

Freshwater pearls from PP, with a white Tahitian drop from Kojima, assembled in 14kt white gold by my local jeweler. Not the finest strand that PP offers, but still, far nicer and less expensive than what my jeweler procured. And, just what I wanted for this piece.

Freshwater pearls Pearl Paradise, with a white Tahitian drop from Kojima, assembled in 14kt by local jeweler

Today I'm wearing my vintage graduated akoya strand. This one is 5-8mm. I found it 3 years ago in a pile of costume jewelry, very grimy and dull looking. It just needed to be washed and restrung. :) I should really wear this more often.
vintage graduated akoya strand 5-8mm

So much beauty here!

MSC, I have no words for your Vietnamese akoya. You lucky duck.

Red, love that elegant piece, particularly with that outfit.

Pearl Dreams, yep, you definitely need to wear that more often. What a find-- stunning!

Gorgeous, Red and PD! Nothing like classic white pearls :)

Thanks, BWeaves, Pareltje, and BN! I really really wanted the 2-3mm Vietnamese strand from Cees, but it was far more than my budget, so we came up with these as consolation prize. Not too shabby! That strand is still on my wishlist though ;) They're getting sent for drilling and then coming to me!

I cannot wait to see what you do with them! I love the colors.

Thank you, Jersey! I think I'm going to do another tin cup set of bracelets/necklace, but in white gold. I've got chain and wire hanging around from last year's pipi necklace project. I've been wearing the T version as bracelets a lot lately. They're so light, I forget they're on which is perfect.

Beautiful pearl drop, and beautiful classic graduated strand. I also can't wait to see what's done with those loose candy pearls. Everything is gorgeous.

Red--I love the findings on the necklace to make it possible to display pendants and drops! I did that with my 8mm SS strand as well and it is so versatile. That is one gorgeous drop!!

Pearl Dreams--I have been looking at graduated akoyas quite a bit lately. The history of these as well as the classic and timeless style of these is so cool!! The luster and rose overtone of these are beautiful on your skin and I agree you should wear these more!

MSC- looking forward to your akoya creativity!!

I paired up a couple of early pearl pendants, which are truly old favorites. The soufflé on the top pendant is from Sarah at Kojima. The bottom three pearls are a South Sea (top) and a Kamoka Tahitian (bottom), both from Agustus, and the middle pearl is a Japanese Kasumi from Sarah. I was going to update the South Sea at the last ruckus with a Burmese, but found the luster on the Burmese overwhelmed the beautiful Kasumi and Tahitian.

View attachment 49112

On a side note, a couple of nights ago I attended a show at a local jeweler, who brought back a haul of gemstones from Tucson. I purchased this Mexican fire opal in matrix because I loved the play of color against the surface, the clarity of the opal, and the interesting rutile you can see in it. Back home I found that the opalescent colors were similar on this Japanese Kasumi from Sarah. No plans yet. Just playing with my new pretty.

View attachment 49113View attachment 49114

Oh Red I LOVE the Mexican fire opal in matrix!!!!!!!! Drooooool!

Back