Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Kalmen--Gorgeous pendant! Is that a souffle pearl? They are getting very hard to find and that is a beauty!

Hanadama--Those silver Tahitians are wonderful. What is their size? All of your ropes are going to mix and match so beautifully!

Thanks SunSeeker, Pearly-Whites and Jersey Pearl! I'm going to start by making a graduated rope, if that doesn't work I think I'll make a wave strand.

PW they are 6-10mm!

Away for a few days and so much to catch up on! Everything looks gorgeous as usual.
I was able to get out hiking in actual mountains, I took Dancing Keshi along...
hiking in mountains took Dancing Keshi along

Love the dancing keshi, MSC! I hope you got a good workout on that hike (and fun of course).

Hanadama, I'm so impressed with your stringing! That rope is lovely. I've only strung two strands and have to get back into it.

Hanadama rope looks to be progressing well. Can't wait to see the final product.

Msc how lovely to hike. It's so hot and humid in spore and sometimes even going out takes an effort.

Pearly whites. It's not a soufflé. It's a blue south sea pearl. The shape is very interesting. And it's a fat fat pearl.

Thank you ladies!SunSeeker - it will be about 36" or just under. Contemplating ordering more pearls to lengthen it. Thank you BN but I can't take the credit for the knotting! These were originally stung by PP and I've just cut them into sections for layout purposes. I'll have to pull them apart properly for re-stringing!

MSC!!! You cannot understand how much I love this necklace! Your dancing keshi hve stolen my heart.

Thank you, BN, karman, and hanadama! We (the dogs and I) L-O-V-E to go hiking and since we now live in flatlands, we miss it dearly. We go walking outside everyday, but it's not quite the same without the rise and fall of mountains. We definitely got in a great workout and had lots of fun!
hanadama - I hope you become a copycat, because a version would look lovely dancing around your neck! Love the rope too, it's really coming along.

Pearly-whites I LOVE your circled wss! It's glorious and something I'd like to eventually get. Also great with that shade of blue.

The multicolored fwp rope is another I love. The different sizes make it so interesting and great luster. Where did you pick that up?

Kalmen, I remember when Pkinnew posted that blue pendant after she'd bought it. It looks lovely on you against that shade of green. I can see a blue halo around it. How do you feel about it?

SunSeeker thanks for the close-up of your pendant. It's lovely and looks very versatile. It's silver correct? Also like the flexibility of having an enhancer so you can wear it on more than a chain.

MSC--hi I still have a question about the gauge of wire you like to use for wire wrapping??

Pearly Whites, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here to share what I do...for me it depends on the size of the pearl and the chain used. For instance for little delicate keshi, I might use 24-26 gauge, for most of my work I use 22 gauge, and for larger and heavier pearls, I use 20 gauge. A lot also depends on the size of the chain you are using...you want to achieve a certain balance, and you might have a physical limitation (the larger gauge simply won't go through the chain). If you do use a thicker gauge wire, try using soft (it will work harden so no worries).

Pearly Whites, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here to share what I do...for me it depends on the size of the pearl and the chain used. For instance for little delicate keshi, I might use 24-26 gauge, for most of my work I use 22 gauge, and for larger and heavier pearls, I use 20 gauge. A lot also depends on the size of the chain you are using...you want to achieve a certain balance, and you might have a physical limitation (the larger gauge simply won't go through the chain). If you do use a thicker gauge wire, try using soft (it will work harden so no worries).

Thanks, Jersey!

Jersey, I just ordered a few loose strands to make a tin cup, thanks for this info!

Wow, I've missed so much beauty...

SunSeeker I love your Kamoka pendant. Did you buy it at the last Ruckus?

Hanadama, your T ropes are going to look exquisite together!

Kalmen, your BSS pendant looks lovely on you.

Pearly-whites, beautiful circle wss necklace, and your versatile fw rope!

I wore this to work today. It's also what I wore to my Mom's funeral. I think (I know) I was ogled by a few of my aunts and cousins.

Kojima Tahitian necklace and Komoka B/W studs.

Kojima Tahitian necklace and Komoka B/W studs

Kojima Tahitian necklace and Komoka B/W studs

Yesterday I wore my ripple strand with a fireball pendant from PP, and a pink metallic rope from the last Black Friday sale. This strand changes color with the slightest change in light and position. I

I got a bit carried away with so many photos! The last photo is facing direct window light. I think at some point I'll switch out all the white pearls for more colorful pearls - or maybe just a couple. I'm enjoying the mix the way it is for now.

Thanks to BabyNurse and Purranha, last year I decided to take the plunge and buy one when I saw how beautifully they wore their strands!

Attachments

• IMG_9231.jpg
    IMG_9231.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8930.jpg
    IMG_8930.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9204.jpg
    IMG_9204.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9205.jpg
    IMG_9205.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9208.jpg
    IMG_9208.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9228.jpg
    IMG_9228.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9263.jpg
    IMG_9263.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9266.jpg
    IMG_9266.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9275.jpg
    IMG_9275.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9352.jpg
    IMG_9352.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 26
Oh, BW our posts just crossed... I always enjoy seeing your lovely kojma Tahitians, especially worn with your mxed Kamoka studs! Again I extend my best wishes to you and your family.

Back