Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful Karman! Love the tassel!

These cute little pairs of circled pearls arrived from Jac today. Love the colour on these! One pair is particularly funky shaped!

Still a little dusty from drilling.

circled pearls arrived from Jac. Love the colour

circled pearls arrived from Jac. Love the colour

Thanks JP!

The darker purple pair are round enough for studs. I love your suggestion of a charm bracelet! The other four will look great as charms.

darker purple pair are round enough for studs

darker purple pair are round enough for studs

I love the pairs you chose, hanadama!

I am wearing 2 baroque blue akoya strands that I stumbled upon shortly after my blue akoya earrings arrived. They're both 17" so I joined them end to end to make a 34" strand. They were attractively priced and fairly inexpensive, and it's reflected in the shape and quality of the pearls. Obviously these are no PP strands, but because I prefer longer strands of pearls (and necklaces in general) I've accepted the reality that I won't be able to purchase a top quality beautiful long strand for awhile, and these are just pretty enough for me!

wearing 2 baroque blue akoya strands that I stumbled upon shortly after my blue akoya earrings arrived. They're both 17 so I joined them to make a 34 strand

They do still have very good lustre, some pearls are better than others. I like the irregular shape of these since it makes them a little more casual. I always feel a bit over dressed when I wear my perfectly round akoya strand from my mom!

very good lustre, some pearls are better than others

I do suspect that these are colour treated due to the price (seller claims "natural" but who knows?). The pearls don't show any dye settling at all--I have a black freshwater strand and darker spots are prominent in imperfections--but 3 of the pearls have these dark spots. I'm not sure why the dye didn't settle in the groove, though. Any insights?

suspect that these are colour treated due to the price

Once I get better at knotting pearls (class tonight!) I might remove the spotted pearls.

Your blue rope looks great. I have two shorter blue strands that I link together a lot, too, because I love a long rope. I just like to see and play with my pearls when I'm wearing them, and that's harder to do with a princess or choker length strand.

Karmen--I think that those are absolutely beautiful. The color and luster is great. Just remember that no one sees those tiny imperfections and would never be as critical as you are. Just as an example, I was told that a pearl was considered round or near round if no one could tell from three feet away...

Enjoy them in good health and beauty!

Karmen they are gorgeous! I love the cool blue hues and sharp luster.

Lovely tasseled rope, Karman. Your blues also have sharp luster and lovely overtones.
I wonder what you're going to do with your pretty pearls from Jac, hanadama. I love the strong purple color on the pearls.

Karman those blues look great. Blues are interesting aren't they... love them
Hanadama looks like u got a pair of beautiful studs can't wait to see it on your ears

MoneyMeister! I was inspired by one of Sarah of Kojima's creation which showed metallic ripples and jade to be soulmates for each other! I did a few combos and posted them on the Jade thread in the past. I enjoy both pieces immensely!
View attachment 48782View attachment 48783

Sorry I took a while to respond Purranha. These necklaces are fantastic, I can see why you would have been inspired. The texture/shine/opacity difference adds contrast between the two. Well done on your inspired necklace.

Thanks ladies! I did really enjoy wearing this blue rope yesterday, I went to my class and got a few compliments on it too!
I won't let the flaws bother me too much, I did pay a good price for these!

@JP- Wow! Now those are red carpet earrings. I found myself googling "gold and black outfits" and they're not even mine. :)

@Karman- If you want, you could probably make those spots far less noticeable if you look for some nail polish or other small bottle of closely matching paint and touch them up with it. I just did that on a big Tahitian pearl ring. I heard about it as a dirty trick that some unscrupulous sellers use but hey, as long as they're your pearls... :)

JerseyPearl, wow yours are gorgeous! So glad you finished them in a contrasting way)) will you post the whole outfit look please? I would love to see what you have planned)) *it's ok if you don't want to post it though, no worries)*

Karman- Those blue Akoya are very pretty ..who cares about the flaws ! Just enjoy ! Good luck with your knotting class ! Have her show you some basic beading technique...crimps ..making loops with wire etc

JP - from strength to strength ! Love those ..truly love them! Now I have to ask about the connection...does the diamond have a pin at each end or are these articulated? I've been looking for a gem connection like this one !

Last edited:
Back