Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

MSC, that little pearl really packs a punch!

Kalmen, lovely studs. That size really suits you!

BWeaves, great combination of colourful pearls. And I love your natural white hanadama!

Thank you all.

Cathy, the shawl is handwoven, but not by me. I bought it in an Irish shop. It goes with everything. It's soft fine wool, and the color shifts from reds through purples and blues to green on the other side. I just realized that it looks like a Tahitian pearl.

When I bought it, my husband wanted me to buy a second one in a different colorway, and I thought, "I only need one." Afterwards, I was kicking myself for not getting the second one, too.

Moral of the story: Always listen to darling hubby when he tells you to buy more of what you love.

Today I have on a strand of white freshwater fireball pearls. They were purchased in Hawaii several years ago when nobody know exactly what these were. I was shopping for some WSS baroques and they were (and still are) out of my price range. I restrung them recently with a baroque looking clasp. These tend to be heavy so I used a heavy duty synthetic stringing material. I had on a white blouse but took it off to better see the pearls. I am on the lookout for a purple/multicolored fireball/flame all strand.

IMG_1232.jpg I restrung them recently with a baroque looking clasp.  These tend to be heavy so I used a heavy duty synthetic stringing materialToday I have on a strand of white freshwater fireball pearlsToday I have on a strand of white freshwater fireball pearls.  I had on a white blouse but took it off to better see the pearlsf white freshwater fireball pearls close upf white freshwater fireball pearls close up

I know people don't really have much good to say about Honora pearls, but I must share one of the prettiest strands of these I have seen with the most gorgeous luster IMG_1249.jpgIMG_1249.jpgIMG_1248.jpgwas in an Honora airport store.

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 20
Cute studs, Karman.
Lovely layering Bweaves and lovely magenta shawl too. I'm a big fan of magenta.
Those are gorgeous fireballs, Pearly-Whites. Indeed they have good luster. Maybe they belonged to the best batch of pearls that Honora sold?

These did NOT come from Honora, I just mentioned that I saw some lovely ones there.

These came from a vendor in Hawaii back before anyone knew what they were.

Purr loving those rings!
I'm not much of a coloured stone person but you're changing my mind.

Today I'm wearing baroque blue akoyas.
PhotoGrid_1485426474802.jpg

Purranha, both rings are gorgeous but that GSSP--I just about died and went to pearl heaven. Is it surrounded by yellow diamonds too?

Kalmen, those blue akoyas are stunning.

Thank you ladies!

Karman! Haha I've posted about that ring on PG a few years ago already, but only managed to search&rescue it from my mom this past winter. GSSP is a 15+mm looks to be flawless above the mount round pearl, and the setting is made with both yellow diamonds (the pears) and white diamond (round). Neither the color of the GSSP and pearl yellow diamonds are that strong, but they work nicely together. If color of either (or both) are more saturated, the ring would be a lot more expensive!

Thank you ladies!

Karman! Haha I've posted about that ring on PG a few years ago already, but only managed to search&rescue it from my mom this past winter. GSSP is a 15+mm looks to be flawless above the mount round pearl, and the setting is made with both yellow diamonds (the pears) and white diamond (round). Neither the color of the GSSP and pearl yellow diamonds are that strong, but they work nicely together. If color of either (or both) are more saturated, the ring would be a lot more expensive!

It's perfect the way it is...drool!

Kalmen,
I love your blue akoyas...I have the blue akoya bug especially after seeing the Vietnamese ones recently posted.

Yours are spectacular!!!

I'm in a purple mood today. Amethyst pendant layered with La Perlagrina.

IMG_2063.jpg

Back