Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

"I just love this thread"

We just love your pearls!

I've been in serious Tahitian lust lately, so I thought I should wear my own. Necklace and opal earrings from Kojima. Handwoven shawl, not that you can see much of it. This necklace just loves to be photographed.

And today, Kojima blue drop earrings, and The Swan pendant on my white gold knit choker.

Sea Urchin, I love the rich combination of purple and gold. Also I'm dying to see more photos of your new green Ts!

BWeaves, your Tahitians are sensational. And I'm in awe of your weaving skills. I wish I was creative!

BWeaves, Tahitian lust is a serious condition...with only one cure...more Tahitians!

I decided to restring an old strand of akoya pearls. This was the very first strand my parents gave to me when I turned 16. I used Ivory Beader's Secret, which worked well because the pearls yellowed quite a bit. They have a greenish blue overtone, and don't show any pink at all.

Excellent job JP! The akoya are lovely, very romantic looking. And what a sweet gift from your parents all those years ago.

Picked up a 9.4mm AA SoC pearl recently, so I dug up some ooooooold opals and a couple of red spinel, and paired them with 18 and 22kt yellow gold. Definitely a wabi sabi sort of necklace, but I'm glad to be making use of these opals 12 years after purchase LOL
IMG_9991.jpg

OOOOOO, I love that combination of pearls, opal and spinel and yellow gold. That is gorgeous.

MSC- I love your style and creativity! So fun!

Today I thought I would mix it up with a Mother of Pearl necklace. It is a Navajo piece by Leroy Begay on a braided leather neckband. It is absolutely lovely in person. It is also interchangeable and I threw in a picture of the Kingman turquoise that goes with the neckpiece. Native American jewelry utilizes a great deal of Mother of Pearl. (Navajo pearls are one of my other pearl loves!)
IMG_1208.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1204.jpgIMG_1205.jpgIMG_1206.jpgIMG_1207.jpg

Not sure what's up with sideways photo?!?

BW, is that a Mother of Pearl as well? It is lovely! You have quite the collection!!!!

Wow I am so far behind on this thread ! Wonderful photos !
Sea Urchin - that pendant pearl is an all time favourite of mine !
BWeaves- those Tahitians are so pretty ..such nice lustre and the colour is beautiful.
MSC- I absolutely love what you did with your pearl /opal/spinel necklace !
PW - gosh I love your choker ! And I went to have a look at the Navajo designer - lovely items.

And I should note, the pearls I restrung are over 40 years old...which seems impossible because I'm only 36 (not really, but in my head I am)

in my head i'm 19............
with hair and a waist (in the center of my body, not around my ankles)
oh and i'm tall............... well if you're going to be a bit..... dreamy...may as well have it all- no?

ok everyone..... everything is wonderful
i can't seem to find enough words to tell you all that

I'm sorry I'm not home to fix the photos ... :( Everyone looks so great! Pearly-White that interchangeable leather piece is stunning!

MSC, your newest piece has my heart. You got a SOC! Opals (my birthstone), SOC pearl, good gold, red spinel (be still my heart!!!), assymetrical design ... LOVE it ... want it LOL.

Picked up a 9.4mm AA SoC pearl recently, so I dug up some ooooooold opals and a couple of red spinel, and paired them with 18 and 22kt yellow gold. Definitely a wabi sabi sort of necklace, but I'm glad to be making use of these opals 12 years after purchase LOL
View attachment 47904

What a great necklace!!! It will be fun to wear.

Back