Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Those are gorgeous studs.

I keep waffling on what size studs I want. I've looked at all the comparison photos on this forum, but I still don't know what I'll like on me. I'm trying to hold off until Ruckus when I can try things on in person.

Those are gorgeous studs.

I keep waffling on what size studs I want. I've looked at all the comparison photos on this forum, but I still don't know what I'll like on me. I'm trying to hold off until Ruckus when I can try things on in person.

Thanks BWeaves! It's definitely hard to tell without seeing in person and trying on. Also depends on ear piercing placement. I have fairly large earlobes, the fleshy part is ~3/4" at its tallest and my piercing is below the centre so I can wear lots of large earrings. I have a pair of 6.0-6.5mm Akoya studs (my first "nice" studs) and they sit nicely centered on my lobe, but are definitely much more discreet! I like to wear them golfing when I have my hair tied into a ponytail.

Comparing my photo to photos I've referred to when trying to decide what size to buy, my photo looks like I'm wearing an 8.5 mm earring.

These are beautiful on you!! I personally am a fan of 10mm.

Small pearl day. These are 6mm akoyas that came from Little Switzerland and were 40" strung but not knotted. They turned into 50" knotted. They are slightly off round but not noticeably so strung with Beaders Secret ivory.

IMG_1190.jpgIMG_1191.jpgIMG_1192.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

That is a beautiful strand Pearly Whites! The 50" length is awesome and versatile, I like to wear mine in a knot!

OOOOOO, I love a long rope.

Karman, thank you for the info about your studs.

Karman, love the studs and love the top!
Pearly-Whites, that is a whole lot of necklace to love - beautiful!

Those studs look lovely on you, Karmen!
Pearly-whites, love your versatile rope!

I wasn't sure where to post these pics- Vietnamese blue akoyas, Black Friday sale or 12 days of Christmas sale...they all overlap! I wore them today, so I'll post here...

I repurposed an intense blue V akoya strand I bought from PP over the holidays with a vintage gold necklace I received as a teenager. At first I wasn't sure I'd like the combo, but it goes well with all my other Vietnamese and Japanese strands. I've paired it a few ways, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning! The blue/green Tahitian pearl on the gold chain is from Kamoka- another holiday purchase!

Attachments

• IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6329.jpg
    IMG_6329.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6419.jpg
    IMG_6419.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7198.jpg
    IMG_7198.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7107.jpg
    IMG_7107.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6973.jpg
    IMG_6973.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6914.jpg
    IMG_6914.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6939.jpg
    IMG_6939.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7026.jpg
    IMG_7026.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7038.jpg
    IMG_7038.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7068.jpg
    IMG_7068.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 16
Lmgardens, incredible! That redo goes from casually chic elegance to downright royalty look in a simple twist or 2 ... well done and gorgeous :)

Wow, everyone's pearls are looking scrumptious!

I really like how you restructured that vintage gold necklace, lmgarden! I've been eyeing that bail setting on Stuller (the Kamoka pendant) for a while, it's nice to see how it looks when worn.

Thanks everyone! :D

Lmgarden--your blue akoyas are STUNNING. Love what you've done to repurpose it!

Thank you, Cathy...I'm pleased with the versatility. Often I buy sale pieces knowing they'll be repurposed!

Newberry, your words are so kind, especially coming from the queen of exquisite combos! I see another pearl party on the horizon at PP!!

Katbran, MSC and Karmen, thank you! The bail on the Kamoka pearl is rose gold - it's a nice color combo with the blue/green pear.

Purr, thank you! - I can't take credit for the assemblage, Erin and Yuan at PP were very helpful in creating my vision. The original necklace had one akoya pearl between each bead. Yuan wire wrapped 5 pearls between the gold beads, but I had saved 1 small original pearl for the end of the chain. This turned an 18" necklace into a 37" tin cup. One of these days I'll learn how to assemble my own pieces...how many times have I said that...I'm a broken record...
Here's a close up pic!

Attachments

• IMG_7380.jpg
    IMG_7380.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 25
That is an amazing redo, LM. And I love the different styling options you've photographed.

Back