Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lovely pairing!! I was wondering how I could wear my black dyed freshwater rope, and I happen to have a top that colour. Thanks for the inspiration!

BWeaves, I have never lost a shepard's hook style earring while using LobeWonder patches. Maybe they are just sticky enough to keep the end in place? I have also used those little stoppers, but sometimes I forget I have them in...ouch!

Here is the revised tin cup, using the bead instead of the keshi on one end toward the clasp: IMG_0907.jpg

My aubergine Tahitian strand from PP. I love how the body color of this strand looks reddish when in indoor lighting. This shot shows the gorgeous overtones. This is one of those strands that goes great with my winter wardrobe, but I rarely wear it in the spring or summer. It is just too dark for those clothes. What you see here is the reflection of the snow in my yard.

My beautiful aubergine drop earrings are from Kamoka and pair beautifully with this strand.

20170115_111116.jpg

Red, that strand is gorgeous. What wonderful luster. I really want an aubergine Tahitian strand.

Those are gorgeous Tahitians. I know what you mean about Tahitians being "winter" pearls. Mine seem to dark and heavy for most of my summer clothes.

Been enjoying everyone's pearls especially the tahitians (and with envy as I set out the Xmas and black Friday sales). So took mine out for lunch.

Kalmen, I hope that you don't mind that I basically copied your outfit today, but I hadn't worn this strand in probably a year and your outfit from yesterday gave me inspiration to break it out again. Mine is nowhere as beautiful as yours--they're just dyed black freshwaters from a jewelry sample sale. Actually, now that I look at them in my office, they are more green with a hint of bronze... They are kind of neat, since they're not pitch black.

I just am a little iffy with the size of the pearls and colour combo, and the length is a bit awkward (I like my pearls 18" or really long). I have tried to wrap around my neck a second time but the large pearls make for an awkward double strand necklace, hence I prefer to wear it like this.

IMG_0208.jpg

How pretty!!

These pearls are akoya baroques with a very pronounced drip shape. My inspiration for this strand was one I saw at Gorsuch of Aspen/Vail. I loved the casualness of the strand and copied with better pearls (and a lot less money!!). These were sourced from a private buyer on EBay. They have a beautiful luster and peachy to rosy overtones. They are strung on chocolate brown Beaders Secret with a soluble knot space to allow the "drips" some space. I do love how these turned out and how they can be thrown on with anything.

IMG_1185.jpgIMG_1186.jpgIMG_1187.jpgIMG_1189.jpgIMG_1188.jpg

I was eyeing a light Tahitian rope on Kojima for a few months and wrote to Sarah several times about it, but I just couldn't buy anything at the time and someone else got it. I'm OK with that. I'm hoping to go to Ruckus this year and see some in person, as I find it hard to buy Tahitians from photos.

My aubergine Tahitian strand from PP. I love how the body color of this strand looks reddish when in indoor lighting. This shot shows the gorgeous overtones. This is one of those strands that goes great with my winter wardrobe, but I rarely wear it in the spring or summer. It is just too dark for those clothes. What you see here is the reflection of the snow in my yard.

My beautiful aubergine drop earrings are from Kamoka and pair beautifully with this strand.

View attachment 47697

Red this is such a great strand. Love it! When I met out roomie Kaysd for lunch last month she wore her strand with the same coloring with a burgundy/wine color dress. My eyes bugged out of my head. I think all three of us have strands very close in overtones. I immediately ran home and pulled all my pink/fushia/raspberry/burgundy sweater/tops out and tried them on and boy did the overtones pop. I also use beige with this strand but now Kaysd convinced me to branch out. Try it if you wear any of those colors. (mine is the tin cup that I wore on Friday night of the ruckus)

I'm wearing my new (advertised as 10-11 mm) perfect round freshwater studs that I purchased from a pearl jewelry designer on Etsy. I think they are more 9.5-10 mm than 10-11 mm. They have a slight rose overtone, which is my favourite, and initially I had worried about these being too big, but I think it's my new favourite size for studs!

I like pairing white pearl studs when I wear black and white.

IMG_0229.jpg

Back