Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Newberry, I LOVE that strand. You have a fabulous n vast collection but this is probably one of my fav.

Wore my new strand today:
View attachment 46310

Absolutely beautiful strand Icy. Love the mixtures of sizes and shapes with this one. Makes it very interesting to look at because each pearl is distinct from it's neighbor. You see each pearl. How long is the strand?

Simple today...wearing my blossom set Tahitian earrings. IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpg

Beautiful, JerseyPearl. I love the blossom setting too; especially with Tahitians. What's the pendant you're wearing?

Thank you all. :)

Absolutely beautiful strand Icy. Love the mixtures of sizes and shapes with this one. Makes it very interesting to look at because each pearl is distinct from it's neighbor. You see each pearl. How long is the strand?

Just measured and it's a bit longer than 38.5 inches.

Earrings from PP today:
IMG_5709.jpg

Thinking of changing the wire cos it's not comfy but the earrings are beautiful.

Haven't worn these much bc they're studs, but I like them a lot. I think I'm going to eventually convert all my studs to screw posts. I don't often wear studs bc I worry about accidentally ripping them out. I've done that enough for it to be a reasonable worry. These ones will definitely be converted!
IMG_4252.jpg

Wonderful ombre earrings, Icy!
I love your delicate flower petal pearls earrings MSC!

I love the ombre pearls but I don't like the fish hook. You need a fancier, more comfortable earring finding. It will make the earrings look more expensive.

I love the little flower earrings, too.

Oh, who am I kidding. I love everything!

IcyJade, I share your dislike of the fish hook earring findings. I switch all of mine to leverbacks before PP ships them; well worth a bit of extra expense for comfort and peace of mind. Those ombre earrings are just so beautiful!

MSC, LOVE those little flower earrings ... are they American pearls? Sapphire centers?? They'd also be cute dangling from a bit of gold chain or a leverback :)

Beautiful, JerseyPearl. I love the blossom setting too; especially with Tahitians. What's the pendant you're wearing?

Thanks Cathy. That pendant is a halo set diamond (it was my mother's engagement ring). This is a poor photo, but a close up. The diamond is just under 2.5 carats, and the small side stones were from her mounting. IMG958490.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Cathy. That pendant is a halo set diamond (it was my mother's engagement ring). This is a poor photo, but a close up. The diamond is just under 2carats, and the small side stones were from her mounting.

I set my mom's engagement diamond in a bezel set necklace as well, Jersey. It's a lovely way to reuse stones of those that mean so much to us. Twinsies! I love the milligrain set halo, very pretty.

Thanks, y'all!

Cathy, they are American river pearls and Montana sapphires, one of my favorite combos :) I've thought about converting to dangle earrings, but I think I like them as studs best. I know I'll wear them more if I convert from a friction post to a screw post.

It's getting cool in Florida. Time to layer on the pearls.

PP Freshadama double strand, and Natural White Hanadama rope. Mikimoto earrings. And my mother's ice blue leather jacket from 1962.

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

And because Newberry says everything looks better on plain white, and she's right.

IMG_1907.jpg

every time i go through this thread all of your photos make me smile
i may not always say anything, so i'm telling you all now

you all make me smile

Back