Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Blues!

Blue akoya pearl rope
Blue baroque akoya rope

They really photograph nicely. I think they look even better in photos than in real life. And I just love strands of pearls in threes.

BWeaves - The overtones on your blues are amazing. Love your style.

Tahitians with Tahitian and akoya keshi:
Tahitian and akoya keshi

It's supposed to storm today, so I wore my beautiful geisha with an umbrella. The Swan acted as a cloud with a silver lining over her head.

IMG_1677.jpg

Today is the inaugural wearing of my re-modeled akoya pearls. I had 3 strands of 7-7.5 mm akoya that I rarely wore because they felt too petite to me. Jeremy found 10-11 mm FW pearls that are a close match to the akoya in color and luster, and added 1 large pearl every 4 inches. The addition of the larger pearls gives the whole necklace so much more presence IMO.

3 strands of 7-7.5 mm akoya that I rarely wore because they felt too petite to me. Jeremy found 10-11 mm FW pearls that are a close match to the akoya in color and luster, and added 1 large pearl every 4 inches.

Kay, I remember those exquisite strands the day we had our mini reunion at PP!!!! With the arrival of the white Tahitians and a couple projects I had in the works, I never had a moment to say how much I LOVE that look!!!! They look so beautiful on you - I absolutely love the addition of the larger pearls!! What a difference it makes... PERFECTION!!!

Back