Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I am so far behind on this thread. SO many great looks, and that baby chick is just too cute!

Today's pearls include a 23" strand of 10-13mm FW drop pearls in shades that range from deep purple to petal pink, purchased from Sarah of Kojima at the 2016 Ruckus, 10-11 mm smooth drop lavender FW pearls on WG pave hoop settings from Pearl Paradise (purchased 2 years -- I got lucky that the earring pearl color is in the strand), and a SOC pave ring from Sarah at the 2016 Ruckus.

23 strand of 10-13mm FW drop pearls in shades that range from deep purple to petal pink, purchased from Sarah of Kojima at the 2016 Ruckus

10-11 mm smooth drop lavender FW pearls on WG pave hoop settings from Pearl Paradise
SOC pave ring from Sarah at the 2016 Ruckus

"Tundra" nail polish by CND Vinylux is a pinkish lavender color that goes great with purple & pink shades of FW pearls, as well as SOC pearls.

IMG_20160824_221002.jpg

Yesterday, I decided to try a new look with my "Loot 2" multi-color Tahitian strands from Pearl Paradise at the 2014 Ruckus. I linked the 2 strands together with the Orbit clasps, then used the other clasp end to create a Y lariat (inspired by the Gellner Mermaid necklace).

my Loot 2 multi-color Tahitian strands from Pearl Paradise at the 2014 Ruckus

Wow Kay ! That's a feast for the eyes ! Those Freshwaters a lovely colours ! I do love the purple and pink pearls and the nice thing about. Multi colours is that it's so much easier to match up some earrings ! How lucky you had a great pair ready to go !

And matching nail polish ! Well done ..sets off that gorgeous ring beautifully !!

And the styling of the Tahitians ..very cool !

BWeaves- those earring as stunning ! And please remind me - your pendant - you had that made for you ?

WOW Kay!!! I love your pink drop necklace AND those earrings are TDF!!! The polish, SoC ring and Tahitian lariat are equally exquisite!!! Love it all!

The two strand Tahitian lariat is genius KaySD, so simple yet so effective. I so love a lariat. (We need a heart eyes emoji!)Thanks for mentioning which nail polish this is, I was definitely going to ask! It looks incredible with your fw strand, which are such a great size/length combo.
2.JPG

Last edited:
BWeaves, so many things to appreciate about this look, but mostly it is making me want to try pearl drops hanging from larger hoops...

Kay, I love both looks and the matching nail polish!

Orbit clasps are so versatile, it's amazing. Even the look at the bottom is interesting enough to be a dangle in its own right.

JerseyPearl, THANK YOU! Thank you for redrilling a couple of my Ruckus blue akoya pearls with challenging holes. I decided to even put the ugly pearl back in the strand. I put both by the last clasp, because the holes were larger and that's where I need a little extra width to work the ends of the thread back through.

The strand was originally 22" with a ball clasp.

The strand after restringing the first time with an orbit clasp, but missing the two challenging pearls.

Ruckus blue akoya pearls

Blue akoya pearls

I actually liked that length, but I wanted to use all the pearls, since I bought them. After redrilling and restringing again. The orbit clasp added one pearl length to the necklace.

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

Since I couldn't simultaneously wear them and restring them, I decided it was a amethyst kind of day.

Amethyst pendant

Last edited:
Very lovely amethyst setting! Is that a diamond or a seed pearl on the lower left side? My iPad doesn't show it clearly...

Bweaves I love your chain. This is the one that can connect to various pendants? Did I remember wrongly?

I love that amethyst! (My birthstone, so I am partial.) The setting is so unique and beautiful. You have a great jeweler.

Today I wore the same 3 Kamoka Tahitians on a leather cord that I posted a couple days ago. While I was picking figs, the knot became loose on the leather cord and all 3 pearls fell into my gathered figs (fortunately I was home when it happened!). They looked so lovely together sitting on the kitchen counter, I couldn't resist taking a photo of the 'miniature figs' with the real figs!

Tahitian pendants with figs
same 3 Kamoka Tahitians on a leather cord

Thank you. That's a diamond with the amethyst. Yes, that's one of my chains with the swappable pendants. They connect at the edges of the pendant with a really cool clasp that is almost invisible.

LM, That's a work of art. I thought it was a famous still life for a minute. Love it.
And I love the pearls with the chambray shirt, too. I love pearls and denim or anything dyed with indigo. They just go.

lmgarden...your figs!!! Now I understand your name. BTW, our figs aren't ripe just yet...but maybe by the weekend. Try them grilled with gorgonzola cheese...delish! And those Kamokas...TDF!

BWeaves, happy to help out a pearl sister in need! I am so glad the drilling went smoothly. And wow, a strand of those beautiful pearls...my new want/need/want.

lmgarden, that is s brilliant still life! Fresh figs, sigh ... very hard to come by here ... sooner or later the frost gets the plants :(

BWeaves - beautiful blue pearls! They are stunning. The amethyst necklace is TDF.

Lmgarden - beautiful photo. How lucky that they just happened to fall into a bowl of soft figs!

LM: I can't get over how much I love those three pendants together on a leather cord.

1. I would have never thought of using more than one pendant at a time.
2. I would have thought the bails clashed, but I really love the different bails together. I really like the way that looks.
3. Must buy more pearls.

Back