Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

hanadama, that is true-- she says none of her friends wear pearls. (Not that it's surprising that college age girls aren't wearing genuine pearls!)

I was the only girl in college wearing pearls and I didn't care. I had my Nana's pearls strung as a choker and I wore them every day. Of course, this was when Princess Diana came on the scene and I was enthralled with her pearl chokers.

The thing is, someone has to be the style leader. If your daughter started wearing pearls, the other girls may want them, too. You never know.

I'll tell you what she does love: I made her a Golden Snitch pendant, using a 12mm imitation gold pearl and 2 silver tone wings, and she wears that! (She did not want one made from a genuine pearl.)

Last edited:
BWeaves, when I was in college in the late 70's-early 80's, pearls were....HUGE...it was the preppy scene and everyone raided their mother's or grandmother's pearls. Fair Isle sweaters and pearls...but no one had anything other than white akoya in 5.5-6.5 mm sizes. I recall one girlfriend got a 8.5 mm strand and she was so upset...she thought they were way too large, and not the right look! Her father was stationed in Japan and they were Mikimotos, but she didn't care; now of course it's a much different story, and we laugh about all the silly things we did!

BWeaves, those are gorgeous! Please tell me I can buy those keychains from Kojima, they're awesome!!!

JP that necklace is just gorgeous, the whole thing is so sunny and lovely.

Freshwater Tin Cup Today

Freshwater Tin Cup Today

Today, I opted for a freshwater tin cup necklace I made a few years ago. We are in the middle of a heat wave, but this necklace was surprisingly comfortable to wear. The largest pearl is 16mm and smallest 10.5mm. The colors are metallic cream to bronzy pink. It is one of my earliest attempts at making wrapped loops.

freshwater edison pearl tin cup

BWeaves, those are gorgeous! Please tell me I can buy those keychains from Kojima, they're awesome!!!

I have no idea. You'll have to e-mail Sarah at Kojima and find out. They were a surprise in my earring package.

If they're not for sale, I could make you a deal.

If they're not for sale, I could make you a deal.

I've emailed Sarah, but depending what she says, you're on! Thank you!

I feel like they'd be a fun official keychain for people who complete the CPAA course.

Todays mixed up look for a walk in Vienna:
Freshadama earrings from PP
Pearl strand from Amrita
Long wg DBTY necklace (not Tiffany) with a pearl drop on an interchangeable bail

I try layering and it's so fun!
Freshadama earrings from Pearl Paradise, Pearl strand from Amrita

Wow, that last shot came out very red...I promise you I'm not sunburned!
This is a 10.3mm golden south sea pearl with faceted citrine beads strung on soft flex, set on a 14k rope eye pin, 14k clasp and findings

JerseyPearl - Is that the PP rope eye pin? Love Love all of that creation. You were making that for me:confused:, right?;)

Back