Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you Katbran, lmgarden, newberry, Sea Urchin, hanadama, SunSeeker, and BWeaves. That carved Kamoka was on the website for a while, but seeing pearls in person helps to make the decision to buy much easier. Before the game a few of us season ticket holders were treated to a "chalk talk" with Hall of Fame pitcher Bert Blyleven. There was no chalk, but he sure does talk. The Twins beat the Houston Astros 3-1, so a good night all around.

Love it, Red!

Ombre strand in action.
Ombre fireball pearl strand

I love the way you styled the ombre strand, Battah. What kind of clasps did you use that can go over the circle part?

Battah love the styling. Very statement piece
Red the carved pearl is so interesting. Guess nothing beats shopping for pearls in real life. Enjoy it.

Thank you ckrickett, JP, Kay, and kalmen! Ckrickett the snitch is so cuuuuute! HP for lyfe.

I love the way you styled the ombre strand, Battah. What kind of clasps did you use that can go over the circle part?
Kay, I used these: https://www.gempacked.com/Sterling-Silver-30X8mm-Hook-Clasp-Set?gp_product_id=6036
My new favorite clasp type! I might even try to figure out how to make them work as pendant bails. They're so versatile (and look nicer in person than those pics, almost like orbit clasps).

Lovely ombre pearls battah!

ckrickett, your golden snitch is just adorable!

Purrrrrr I used Beader's Secret, it's my favorite. I use it for almost everything, unless gemstones with sharp hole edges are involved, then I use PowerPro. You can beat the drape of Beader's Secret, I love it. I have a couple of spools of it, so I tend to restring often because I can. Now that I've been wearing the ombre strand around, I think I want to re-sort the pearls. I did them in natural light, but when I put them in lightbox I saw a few that I wanted to move around.... it never ends.

JP that sounds gorgeous! My initial plan with my Tahitian and keshi necklace was to add more Tahitians bit by bit to make my dream harvest strand. But it was such a hassle to string up the itty bitty akoya keshi that I haven't redone it a single time, and I have a few Tahitians I can add to it. I guess I just need more Tahitians ;)

Lolol Battah I wasn't referring to powerpro vs Beader's Secret - I only use beader's secret for knotting. I meant beading wires like beadalon & softflex and such which you can not knot, so have to use bumper beads in between instead. I admit I'm very lazy with knotting, so uses softflex when I can get away with it. I find softflex to work great with heavier pearls or shorter necklaces, but Beader's Secret definitely drapes better! Wait, you have your own light tent at home?

Lol JP - I have though about doing something similar - keeping the best pearl from every one of my purchase/supply, and make an ombre strand. But good god I don't have the patience! =P

I've only used softflex the one time, when I strung up that torsade/twisted bracelet set a while back. Definitely much faster, and it was nice to be able to string and restring quickly to get the lengths right! I haven't used the bumper beads yet. I'm planning some Gellner-style stuff, though, so I might try them on softflex and see how that feels. I just love the drape of Beader's Secret, even with heavy pearls. I just get nervous using it with stuff like the spinel beads I've been playing with lately - I worry the holes will shred it and it'll break. Yeah, I have a lightbox! I got it for taking pics for Etsy, they're pretty cheap on Amazon. I got a setup with a box and lights. I can't count on good natural light around here, so it helps with photos.

Today! I grabbed a couple of 6mm strands from the PP sale (the slightly bigger strand here, I hooked them together). It was such a treat receiving them yesterday in their pretty boxes. I'll probably snag one more and restring them with different clasps to make them convertible.
6mm strands from the Pearl Paradise sale

Monday

IMG_1374.jpg

Tuesday

IMG_1380.jpg

Wednesday (today) no pearls. Just tourmalines. No photo.

IMG_1379.jpg

P.S. The sticking your chin in the camera thing really does do wonders for your neck. Thanks!

Today I shortened the multicolor round strand I bought during the 2015 PP Tahitians sale.
This was intended for my daughter's 21st birthday (upcoming this December) but I've been letting her wear it now and then to keep up her interest, as she is not a pearl lover by nature.

When she told me recently that she doesn't want the strand after all (I know, I know :eek:) my husband piped up that he wants to be able to wear it occasionally! :D He and I will be sharing it, to get maximum use out of it.

It didn't look good on him at 18" long, and besides, the strand is smallish (8.0-9.7mm) and just looks better shorter. I removed 5 pearls and swapped out the white gold ball clasp for a small orbit clasp, which he will find easier to manipulate.

So here it is at its new length! I'm sure he will want to try it on when he gets home from work, and I bet he wears it to the East Coast Gem, Mineral and Fossil this weekend.

Pearl Paradise shot round multicolor Tahitianss
My shot pearl paradise round multicolor tahitian pearls

That's perfect. We need a photo of him wearing it, too. We definitely need to up the manliness of pearls on this site. Black Pearl Dude needs some company.

And where did you find pearls those colors. I never see Tahitians those sorts of colors except on you guys, and you got there first.

Battah, love your layers of ropes!

Last edited:
Back