Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

lmgarden - Your pearl and brooch combos are beautiful!
kalmen22 - The multi-strand you're wearing is truly amazing!
icyjade and newberry - Diamonds and pearls always make me smile!

This was yesterday's set as we visited my mother:
tahitian ring unset

Necklace is from Wen and the earring is "made by me". Here a closer look:
image.jpg

Today I wore my lilac bead nucleated freshwaters from Wen an earrings from Cathrine Cardellini:
lilac bead nucleated freshwaters from Wen an earrings from Cathrine Cardellini:

Love it, Katalin! Those earrings you made are gorgeous.

OOOO, I love the flower drop earrings. Well, I like everything, but those are very unique and special looking.

Katalin,that lavender FW necklace is stunning. I think I need to put sunglasses on to look at them because of the shine!

OOOOOps. I just took off my big, blue, baroque akoyas and they broke at a knot. Time to restring. I'm toying with getting a different clasp. I love the orbit clasp, but I wonder if I should just restring with the ball clasp it has currently and spend my pearl money on something at Ruckus. Decisions.

Bweaves... that's hard decision to make! Just saw the old posts of 2014 ruckus. So many things to buy. You will want extra cash on you.

Katalin I think I was eyeing the same lavander/lilac strand. But I already had 1 in a smaller size so I gave it a miss. It looks fabulous on you!

Today I'm in my what I call "collecting enough Tahitians to make a tin cup" look. Top is from Jac and Bottom is from Wen. Both I took it out of a strand I bought. It's so nice to be able to string your own pearls and pick up a couple to use as pendants. Wire wrapping can be improved for sure.
PhotoGrid_1469611594993.jpg

Kalmen what gorgeous pearls! The bottom one is spectacular. Which mix is the strand from? I haven't seen anything as nice in her etsy store.

Hanadama
It was from her silver Tahitian strand. But almost a year ago. The ones I see now on her site not as nice. This is the prettiest pearl on the strand.

Gorgeous, Kalmen! I didn't think Wen would have good Tahitians but that one is lovely. Good to know! I love how you put that pendant together, very pretty.

BWeaves, agreed with Kalmen, I'd save the $$ for the ruckus. Since you can restring it yourself, you can always either wait, or restring it with your current clasp now and upgrade later.

battah, BWeawes - thank you. The design is not mine to tell the truth, I have seen something similar on Etsy, and it inspired me. But I'm happy with the outcome.

Luvglitz - the pearls have quite a different color in other lightning conditions, but I like them. I just call them my bubble gum pearls, not because of the color, but because of the size and form. As I was a child, where I grow up, we had bubble gums in this size.

Kalmen22 - your creation is very nice! I also was thinking on buying tahitians form Wen, and she has a lot, but Im afraid, that the quality is not good enough. The colors of the circled ones are nice, but too much blemishes for my taste, and for my needs. I also have seen the silver tahitians, but the one strand, that I was eyeing, is gone. So I'll just wait, she puts up things almost every day.

And just for fun an other picture of my bubble gums in my "paper towel light box"

image.jpg

I restrung this guy last night to adjust the length, and redid the bracelet to match.

20160727_095437-480x640.jpg

It's still too hot to really wear pearls but I couldn't wait any longer to take these out for a spin...
8-8.5mm blue baroque akoyas from PP -- DH did awesome with this gift!! feels like these are my first "fancy" pearls since the rest have been inexpensive DIY projects. these are so hard to photograph - did the best i could with yucky office lighting.

8-8.5mm blue baroque akoyas from Pearl Paradise

i haven't been feeling great so not posting too much, but everyone's been posting amazing stuff!
battah i love the bracelet redo -- what a pretty and textural set!
katalin, your finds from Wen have been lovely. i like the gumball analogy. and those floral earrings are beautiful!
newberry, that drop is stunning!!!

Back