Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I so love the octo babies!! And they way they attach, mix and match... gonna have to break down a buy a couple of those babies!!

Those shells are amazing... love them all. I'd have a hard time picking out only one, as well!

Newberry, I'll definitely bring the blue akoyas to the Ruckus!

MSC & Battah - if you like vintage chains, if you are ever in NYC, check this place out: http://www.cjssales.com/ CJS Supplies - they specialize in closed out vintage items and I know Lulu Frost source a lot of their awesome vintage chains from that place. Sadly I can't get myself in since they ONLY sale wholesale, otherwise I'd have a field day in there. I'm dying to get my hands on some of these vintage chains!!!

Funny shortly after I shared about CJS Supplies, I saw them tagged on a FB Blog post by a jewelry designer.
http://www.17apart.com/2013/02/secret-new-york-city-jewelry-supply.html
DAMN it looked awesome and I really want to go roll around in the pile of vintage chains and findings and supplies! But they sell only and strictly to wholesale/trade only.
If ANYONE who is in the trade (with tax IDs and such) loops through NYC and decide to pay CJS a visit, PULEASE give me a holler and lug me along!!!

OK Purr here they are ;)

The necklace as it is now after adding more of the white gold spacers and about 5 inches to it with pearls from Sarah (Kamoka, 3 more blue pearls), Tahiti Pearl Biz (Jose). Jose's wife rearranged the pearls where one side I wear during the winter and the side you see here I wear during the summer. I don't have a picture of me wearing the winter side. The center of that side is a 13mm bright green Tahitian with a couple of natural chocolate pearls.
1039.jpg

The original necklace before the additions.
12-16-10a.jpg

I first saw this pendent at the same time as the one above in 2010. It was my dream pearl. She had chosen for herself on a GIA pearl trip when she visited New Zealand and Eyris Pearls. Eyris was at the top of my wish list. Last summer she brought it to the ruckus and said she was going to sell it. I couldn't raise my hand fast enough and say sold. My dream came true.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

One of the first souffle pearls. Blaire had just been to the Tuscon show and found these and wanted to show me something special. I took it to Jeremy at PP and he did the setting so it would go on the fireball strand I had just bought from him.
11-23-10b edit.jpg

I wore this pendent today. It was so hard to take a picture of me wearing it because it kept reflecting the blue sky, green trees distorting the pink and orange colors on the pearl. The gemstone is all citrine. Pearl from PP.

gemstone is all citrine. Pearl from Pearl Paradise
IMG_0349.jpg

Newberry they are beautiful!!!!. I like them all. Including the metallic freshwater. And they look so so good on you.
I'm curious about the summer and winter look. Can u describe what winter side would look like?

Ooohhh, Newberry!!! I Love every one of them!!! The soufflé pendant with the fire ball necklace is my favorite! Do you find it to be heavy? If so, if it were mine I'd wear it anyway and live with a sore neck!!

Newberry they are beautiful!!!!. I like them all. Including the metallic freshwater. And they look so so good on you.
I'm curious about the summer and winter look. Can u describe what winter side would look like?

Kalmen I found a picture that I forgot I had of the winter side. It is the shortest strand. The big silver drop is worn in the back. There is lots of green and brown pearls on this side.
Triple strand Tahitian baroque pearls

BWeaves the shells are gorgeous! Yay I have a manta ray shell on its way to me too. The other designs are also pretty, I was tempted by the hibiscus flower.

Newberry - you have a wonderfully colourful collection! I especially love your summer/winter Tahitians.

I was tempted by all of them. But I thought the Tiki (eyeball), the Hibiscus, and the Manta Ray looked so similar that I could only justify buying one. I thought the Tattoo looked enough different. And I kept being drawn to the no name one, too. The carvings I got were quite a bit different from the photos online. I'm sure it's due to different artists putting their own mark on the designs.

Last edited:
Newberry thank u for finding the pic. It's so interesting. What a wonderful idea to have winter and summer feel on the same necklace. Best of botu worlds

Funny shortly after I shared about CJS Supplies, I saw them tagged on a FB Blog post by a jewelry designer.
http://www.17apart.com/2013/02/secret-new-york-city-jewelry-supply.html
DAMN it looked awesome and I really want to go roll around in the pile of vintage chains and findings and supplies! But they sell only and strictly to wholesale/trade only.
If ANYONE who is in the trade (with tax IDs and such) loops through NYC and decide to pay CJS a visit, PULEASE give me a holler and lug me along!!!

If I get up to NYC anytime soon, it's a date!

Oh Newberry, those are so gorgeous!! I love how you did the clasp on your summer/winter Tahitian strand, with the drop - so many options for wear! Your collection is droolworthy.

Today's neck stack - golden rainbow ripples, pondslime souffles, and new watch chain necklace. More is more? ;)
golden rainbow ripples, pondslime souffles

Back