Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful! I definitely need some blue akoyas!

Last edited:
enbcfsobe -- I'm a big fan of the tassle!

baby nurse -- Each strand is lovely and the two together are beautiful!

La Perlagrina and my opal and Tahitian drop earrings.

IMG_0899.jpg

I bought a new chain for the pendant. I have a bunch of 18" yellow gold rope chains, left over from pendants I don't own anymore. But for some reason, the loop ends wouldn't fit through the hole in the bail. Just a tad too big. I did find one chain that worked but the gold was actually too yellow, and the chain just blended in with my skin. So I ordered this 20" diamond cut yellow gold chain, and it shows up better against my skin and matches the pendant better. It's a bit cleavagey, but I thought that it would work better if I wear the pendant over a sweater or shell. I've ordered the same chain in 18" because I like the way it looks and the loop end fits easily through the bail. That will give me two different lengths to choose from.

The rope chain I felt disappeared against my skin.

IMG_0866.jpg

I'd love to use a thicker chain, but I'm concerned that the loop end won't fit, I don't want to spend a lot of money ordering and returning chains. I've already done that 3 times so far.

Last edited:
I love this pendant so much. The drop shape is perfection and it looks lovely with your new chain.

Yes, that chain looks terrific with your new pendant. And the length looks good to me, too.

Lovely pendant, BWeaves, congratulations! I too was admiring it on the Kamoka site. I also recently purchased a large teardrop pearl (Kojima) and had no suitable chain for it. I purchased an 18" chain and had a jump ring, or eyelet, as the jeweller called it, added two inches from the end, so that I could wear it either 16 or 18 inches long, without having to purchase two chains.

BWeaves love you new pendent. Drops are my preferred shape and the bale is very attractive too. I hope you bring it to the ruckus :)

A fresh batch of our open ring designs. Rob likes to mix sizes and colours to make them a bit more interesting. I prefer the dark blue colours of the freshwater pearls. Sizing those rings is very easy too ;)

Open pearl ring designs

Oooo, I like those rings. I like rings without prongs, because they won't snag when I get my fingers in all the threads on my loom. I like the ones with different sizes.

BWeaves, your Perlagrina is so beautiful on you! Shape, color, luster are fantastic and I really like the finding. Great diamond cut chain, too.

gorgeous pendant, BWeaves!
And super cool rings!
Here's my last two days of "pearls in action"

Tahitian drop with spiral necklace (my first beadweaving effort)
IMG_6570.JPG

Beachy rosebud pearl rope (with sea glass, crystal, sterling, and coconut shell beads)
sea strand full view.jpg

I took two of the most interesting rosebuds and made them into simple wire-wrapped dangle earrings (but couldn't get a good ear shot!)
IMG_6626.JPG

IMG_6608.JPG

Last edited:
Back