Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

The Swan is definitely my favorite, at the moment. It's on a sleeve knit (aka Viking knit) chain. Remember those Knitting Knoddy / Knitting Horse / Sewing spool with 4 nails in it thingy that you made long knitted tubes out of when you were 8 years old? This is the grown up version, only in gold.

I got it from my jeweler who made pendant.

http://www.okidanokh.com/chains/sleeve-knitting-chains/

The jeweler has them in yellow, white and rose gold, and it different lengths (16", 17", 18"). She's located in Orlando, FL.

Baby nurse - those pastel Tahitians are sensational. As a side note, I also love your collection of knits and cardigans!

I'm glad to hear it, especially about the sweaters! I was starting to feel like maybe it was too much of the same old thing: cashmere cardigan seafoam, cardigan lavender, cardigan ivory...etc.

I wondered if it was you who got it -- Jeremy said it was one of the regulars. I called about 20 minutes after the blog posted, but they said someone else had already inquired. I'm dying to try it on at the Ruckus if you don't mind.

I think it was sheer luck. I fully expected them to say "Sorry, it's sold." when I contacted them.

Yes you can try it on, and I'd love to try on your Keira!

I think it was sheer luck. I fully expected them to say "Sorry, it's sold." when I contacted them.

Yes you can try it on, and I'd love to try on your Keira!

I would be happy to bring my Keira for you to try on. I missed you last year!

Baby Nurse, There is NEVER "too much of the same old thing: cashmere cardigan ... etc." when it's a beautiful and classic look!!! Bring us more of the same anytime :)

BWeaves, I wonder if the jeweler can get those cable neckwires in longer lengths, say 19" or 20" for those of us not-swans ?

BAS, aw, that's nice of you to say ... I do love the white baroque akoyas so much more than I expected!

CathyKeshi: You can always e-mail my jeweler and ask. To be honest, I haven't paid too much attention to all the lengths she carries. I've always just looked at what worked for the piece I was getting.

Very nice chain. Chic looking.
Curious are they heavy? Are they scratchy?

Very smooth. Very light weight. The bigger sleeve knit chains are hollow tubes of knitted gold wire. The thinner cables are just twisted thinner wires. They feel like nothing on, which is great in hot, humid Florida.

I will do that, BWeaves ... probably after Europe, after ruckus ... :)

I love all the incredible pearl looks!! I agree there can never be too much of cashmere, esp with amazing pearls!

Trying something different today. Silver-blue keshi with grey tassel, layered with my bezel solitaire necklace. Seemed appropriate colors for a rainy April morning.

blue with tassel.jpg

Thanks all! I'm a big fan of this tassel. Credit to Purranha and JerseyPearl for the instructions/inspiration!

Back