Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

This thread is just to much. I feel like i need to wear a bib to look at all the wonderful pearl pictures. Lovely, lovely pearls ladies.

Oh my, I almost feel I should be paying to see all these beauties.

wow, really beautiful pearls everyone!
today i'm wearing my new antique pearl locket. it's 9ct gold and english in origin. i think it originally held a lock of hair or a photograph. now it holds a ruby and some opals and moonstones. it opens on a little gold hinge in the back so i can switch things out of it. i'm thinking about getting some very tiny undrilled seed pearls to put inside...

wow, really beautiful pearls everyone!
today i'm wearing my new antique pearl locket. it's 9ct gold and english in origin. i think it originally held a lock of hair or a photograph. now it holds a ruby and some opals and moonstones. it opens on a little gold hinge in the back so i can switch things out of it. i'm thinking about getting some very tiny undrilled seed pearls to put inside...

OOOO, I like that. Since it already has pearls around the outside, I rather like the other stones rolling around in it.

thanks jerseypearl! madsciencechik, she's also an antique! a old pin i had converted to a necklace. i just wish the bench jeweler had kept her beautiful patina built up over the decades :(
3i50hJDl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Love the locket and the lady!! Great idea to turn the locket into a "shake" pendant. I love it with the gems.

Today it's my first pearls I bought myself. The 30 inch rope of 5 mm akoyas, and then later the choker of 7 mm akoyas. My parents bought me the ruby hearts with the pearl drops. This was back when I thought pearls only came in the pinked color.

30 inch rope of 5 mm akoyas close up
30 inch rope of 5 mm akoyas

I still love these. They've held up very well for being 35 years old and being worn constantly. And they are light and easy to wear.

I always thought my 5 mm were a bit small. I've always wanted an 8 mm opera length rope, and now that I've got one, I find it just a bit heavy. I think 6 to 7 mm is the perfect size. But for layering up, 5 to 6 mm are great.

My earlobes are very sensitive to weight but my neck isn't at all. I just really like the look of smaller sized pearls in a rope, anywhere from 5-7mm. I have one that is either 7.5 or 8mm and the pearls themselves are lovely but the rope just doesn't have the same appeal.

Back