Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, madsciencechik!
I really love this size necklace. Not too large, not too small.

Sheri's Screamers ... love those on you, Sheri ... especially with their octopus companion!

Okay BabyNurse ... the ring is gorgeous, and I really can't think of another adjective to describe how lovely that Edison strand looks on you, so I'm jumping right to the sweater ... that dreamy, delicious deep seafoam color ... and is that a VELVET ribbon under the button?!?!? Sigh ... :)

Cathy, you crack me up!! Yes, that's velvet ribbon along the sweater button placket. I have a huge collection of cashmere cardigans, crew necks, v necks... I tend to freeze in winter :rolleyes:

La corsetiere, your screamers and octo are beautiful together! Are the pearls in your screamer strand randomly strung as opposed to graduated?

PD, I'm absolutely drooling over your baroque akoya and metallic fwp studs!!

The screamers are gently graduated, though it's hard to tell from the photo. Surprisingly, the color/orient of those pearls really shows up with flash photography. I find that curious, given the fact that Tahitian colors show up so much better in subdued natural light.

Thanks for the info on your Edisons, Baby Nurse. I'm really coveting those.

Today I dug out my first pearls I bought myself. That would be the akoya rope and choker. And my Aunt Love's princess length Blue Lagoons. And my ruby heart drops. I can't believe I bought these in 1982 and the nacre is still as good as the day I bought them, and I've worn them to death. They were my every day pearls until last year when I discovered PP and Kojima and Pacific Pearls and you enablers.

IMG_0581.jpg

Last edited:
A great combo Sheri ;) Love the baby octo and your screamers really scream.

I love your scattered tin cup. I'm usually not much of a tin cup fan, but that one has perfect asymmetry, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for all the gorgeous photos, it's an excellent inspiration source. Inspired by all the beautiful white strands posted recently, I wore my baroque white akoyas and my Tahitian white sapphire tin cup today.

it's a Tahitian kinda day here. i took two charms off my pp bracelet and put them on my rose gold hoops. not sure if i like the look or not yet but it's something different for me! :)

thanks! i just wish the pearl hoop was tinier. maybe if this becomes a regular look for me i'll see if i can have ones made with a smaller pin to go through the earrings....

I love the drops on the hoops! I'm OK with the larger eye pin. If you look at old paintings, that's definitely the sort of look the pearl earrings have. And your necklace is gorgeous, too.

It was 80F in Florida today, so more summer pearls. My reborn pearls tin cup and earrings. It just doesn't photograph well. The pearls have a super soap bubbly orient to them.

IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg

EW, I hate my neck.

Back