Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, baby nurse!

I just felt like wearing small white fwp today. Normally I would twist these with my round tourmaline beads but I like the simplicity of them with this top.

small white fwp

Kelluvpearls, what kind of chain is it (ie gold,sterling etc.)? Nicely proportioned with that beautiful octo.

Pearl Dreams, sometimes I'm in the mood for statement pearls and other times, something delicate. Your strand looks just right.

Pearl Dreams -- classics are classics for a reason! Your combo looks elegant and beautiful.

Kelluvpearls, what kind of chain is it (ie gold,sterling etc.)? Nicely proportioned with that beautiful octo.

Pearl Dreams, sometimes I'm in the mood for statement pearls and other times, something delicate. Your strand looks just right.

Hi baby nurse, it's 18k rose gold and 18 inches, I didn't have a chain to go with the octo so I asked the jeweller that made my keshi ring if they had any, they found me this. Glamour pic courtesy of the same jeweler.
image.jpeg

PD, I love your Tahitians--they're just lovely! And ckrickett, your Edison necklace is beautiful!

OK, I have a stupid question. Please enlighten me.

I always thought the twisted pearl necklaces were called torsades.
However, Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) keeps changing "torsade" to "tornado" on me.

Are you all calling the these necklaces tornadoes because Autocorrect keeps changing the word on you?
Or are you calling them tornadoes because it kind of makes sense? They do look like a twisted storm of pearls.

P.S. I love pearls and plaid, too.

P.P.S. Aha, I just saw your post on P.S. and it answered my question. Autocorrect, it is.

Last edited:
OK, I have a stupid question. Please enlighten me.

I always thought the twisted pearl necklaces were called torsades.
However, Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) keeps changing "torsade" to "tornado" on me.

Are you all calling the these necklaces tornadoes because Autocorrect keeps changing the word on you?
Or are you calling them tornadoes because it kind of makes sense? They do look like a twisted storm of pearls.

P.S. I love pearls and plaid, too.

P.P.S. Aha, I just saw your post on P.S. and it answered my question. Autocorrect, it is.

haha Yeah! Autocorrect makes it sound silly!

thank you for asking that question, BWeaves...I'd been wondering the same thing. The tornado is fabulous as always, ckrickett. Love it with plaid!

Thank you for the close-up, Kelluvpearls! Lovely detailing on the links.

Pearls and plaid are great together, ckrickett ; )

Thanks, JerseyPearl and GemGeek: ) They're unique because of the memories and special because of the beautiful pearls.

Baby Nurse, I remember you selecting those gorgeous colorful Tahitian pearls at the ruckus. The rope looks beautiful with your green sweater!

Back