Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I'm staying home today, but I'm wearing Nana's pearls.

wearing Nana's pearls

Last edited:
Yes! You look beautiful! This is how we live, oh yes. Happy sighs.

May I tell you ladies again, your pictures and posts are adding joy to my life? Thank you.

Beautiful goldens, Bailey! They look amazing on you.

BWeaves, well done, beautiful outfit to work from home.

Thank you Kelluvpearls, CKrickett, CathyKeshi, and BabyNurse!

Babynurse, I didn't have a thread on these. I got them unstrung and as soon as I finished stringing I had to wear them right away ;)
IRL they are silvery gold and have a mix of green and pink overtones.
I was actually wanting some deeper goldens but these I found suit my skintone quite well so I was happy :) I used Pattye's Beaders Secret (golden) and long needle and they were wonderful. I almost started hating stringing my own pearls until I started using Beaders secret.
I can't say enough good things about Pattye and her beading items.

They are perfect with your skin tone! And so lustrous! If you get a chance, please take a few pics of them and post them?

This is a rope of PP cream metallics and a rope of apricot rosebuds from Kojima Pearl.

Pearl Paradise cream metallics and a rope of apricot rosebuds from Kojima Pearl

Pearl Paradise cream metallics and a rope apricot rosebuds from Kojima Pearl

Here is the rosebud rope doubled.

Rosebud pearls double looped

rosebud pearls closeup

Look at those cream metallics -- lucious. And such rosebuds! That's the first time I have seen a long strand of them. Decadent together. ♡♡♡

BWeaves - Nana's pearls look great with that top and the perfect light. She would be proud of you.
Bailey - congratulations on acquiring the perfect hue. Gorgeous. Thought you could just casually slip that in there! Ha!

Baby Nurse, you're just the Queen of Pearl Styling. Just lovely.

Baby Nurse, I love the rope of cream metallics with the rosebuds. But I'm a sucker for multiple long ropes of pearls.

Is that Boden cashmere sweater, too? I just love those. They're perfect with pearls, too.

They are perfect with your skin tone! And so lustrous! If you get a chance, please take a few pics of them and post them?

I will I promise and a few other projects I'm working on.

Thank you all for the lovely comments about my new GSS. I'm glad you like them as much as I do.

Last edited:
This is a rope of PP cream metallics and a rope of apricot rosebuds from Kojima Pearl.

View attachment 39630

View attachment 39631

Here is the rosebud rope doubled.

View attachment 39632

View attachment 39633

Very nice combo BN especially the cream metallics. I would like to know more about the metallics. I quickly saw yesterday about Sheri's screamers on a different thread. Are these same pearls or different altogether? What body colours do metallics have other than cream?

Also, how in the world do you take such clear neckshots? :D Do I need one of those selfie sticks? :eek: What camera do you use, cell or DSLR? I know I really appreciate everybody's pictures in this forum. It helps me decide whether I want to try a certain type of pearls. I find a real person's neckshots are better than those bust things (i don't know what they're called).

Thanks GemGeek, kelluvpearls, Tucs!

BWeaves you have a good eye! Yes, that's Boden cashmere. I freeze in the winter and live in these Oct-April!

Bailey thank you for all those compliments! This rope of cream metallics was available at PP roughly 3 years ago, so not the same group of pearls as the screamers. These have a a slightly pink-peach bodycolor and are mostly round.

About 2 years ago, I bought 3 hanks of 6-7mm strands from PP that are white with cream overtones. Those are more off-round but have very nice metallic luster.

I'm honestly not sure what's more common in terms of metallic bodycolor. Bright white is not flattering with my skin tone so I'm drawn to the ones that lean towards ivory/cream.

I take pictures with my iphone 6s. And I take at least 10 for every one that I post, lol. Anyone who glances at my phone when I'm scrolling through trying to find a picture of my kids, is shocked at the sheer number of pearl pics :rolleyes:

Back