Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

baby nurse, can you tell us please the size of the graduated Edisons? (The range is enough.)
Also how many pearls are in the strand.

I'm trying to calculate for BWeaves the relative weight of something like that compared with a 36 inch strand of 8mm pearls.

Last edited:
WHITE PEARLS - such a favorite of mine, lovely seeing them around these parts!

purranha, it is my firm belief that freshwaters and tahitians need to be mixed-matched far more often than they are. I LOVE the combo - the colors just pop against each other!

and Kelluvpearls, i cannot wait to see the Fiji ring in person! it is going to be spectacular, i just know it! :)

baby nurse, can you tell us please the size of the graduated Edisons? (The range is enough.)
Also how many pearls are in the strand.

I'm trying to calculate for BWeaves the relative weight of something like that compared with a 36 inch strand of 8mm pearls.

Will respond more a little later but here are some quick deets on the Edisons. They range from 9.2mm to 12.2mm, strand is 17", 39 pearls.
Luster is lovely, not metallic. They glow : )

BWeaves, I don't find them heavy in the least but I'm not bothered by weight around my neck at all. I am sensitive to weight on my ears.

Kelluvpearls, your new ring is amazing ... look forward to "on hand" photos!
Purranha, I like your mix/match very much ... one of my favorite mix/matches involves strands of Tahitians twisted with soft pink(ish) metallic FW ... love it. Maybe we need a Mix and Match (or MISS-Match) Your Pearls thread???

Okay-- thank you, baby nurse!

BWeaves, here is the comparison-- remember these are estimates since we have not measured each and every pearl.

• baby nurse's 9.2-12.2mm Edison (based on 39 pearls): estimated total volume 26,481 cubic mm
• 7.5-8.0mm, 36 inch strand (based on 106 pearls): estimated total volume 25,970 cubic mm
• 8.0-8.5mm, 36 inch strand (based on 100 pearls): estimated total volume 29,500 cubic mm
• perfectly size-matched, exactly 8.0mm, 36 inch strand (based on 103 pearls): total volume 27,604 cubic mm

Weight and volume go hand in hand, so if you are comfortable with the weight of a 36- inch strand of pearls in the 7.5-8.5mm range, you should be okay with a 17 inch strand graduating from about 9mm to about 12 mm.

Even a 10-12mm strand (based on 37 pearls) would weigh only very slightly more than the hypothetical perfectly-size matched 8mm, 36" strand.

It occurs to me that it might be helpful if the vendors posted the weight of their strands, along with the other information. But I suppose one could always ask about the weight of a particular strand if one were concerned.

Last edited:
Pearl Dreams, thank you so much for doing the math!!! It gives me something to consider when lusting after and ordering pearls.

Today I'm wearing my coin pearls. They give me a big pearl look without the weight. Mine are nice and plump with very thick nacre and a lovely soap bubble orient. I really like where the 30 inch length lays on me. I paired them with my Kojima drops today.

wearing my coin pearls

Last edited:
I love coin pearls BWeaves, I'll wear mine tomorrow. Purranha and BabyNurse beautiful shots, another great pearl combination.
Thank you everyone for your kind words, will definitely post hand shots and thoughts on the rings after receiving it, I'll just repost the details from the other thread here as well.

The ring was made by David Klass LA, he is very popular and pretty reasonably priced, especially for fellow pearlies living in the US. I think he has a shop front as well, maybe it's worth a visit at the next ruckus if you have time.

It's 18k rose gold with mixed shade of light pink sapphires melees, I think around 3.4x cts, sapphires are quite a bit cheaper than diamond melees, which I think was at least 1k more.

I sent him an inspiration photo after consulting some lovely ladies on PS, and his team did the rest. I meant to leave the back of the ring unpaved but didn't get around to email him before it was finished.

Thanks everyone, for the compliments on the Edison strand! I will start a thread on it soon.

Kelluvpearls, your Fiji ring by David Klass is a work of art. What a gorgeously designed setting for your beautiful keshi! I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of it on your hand!

Purranha, the layering of your HG and Tahitians against that top looks fantastic!

BWeaves, I love coin pearls! Yours really do have a lovely soap bubble orient :)

This is one of my favorite pieces of yours, JerseyPearl!! I love the look of all those different sized rounds with the varying shades. Wonderful close-up of the aqua beads, too!

While they're ALL beautiful, this lovely Mermaid necklace is my favorite JerseyPearl piece :) The colors, the pearls, the gems. the arrangement of the pearls ... just exquisite ... never tire of seeing it!

I feel the same way about the Mermaid necklace-- everything about it is just right. I like the range of pearl colors and sizes, the spacing, the length, and how well they go with the stone beads.

Love the Mermaid necklace, but tell me more about those earrings, please? Those are great.

Wow I love the mermaid necklace!!
Here is my recent experiment in larger pearls. They are inexpensive 10-11mm nugget-shaped (one flatter side) freshwaters. They are a fun foray into more "grown up" sized pearls and also into ripples as many of them have rippling going on, and I'm quite happy with the luster and overtones given the price. I lost my white spool so they are knotted on storm Beader's Secret, and I used a sterling bean-shaped push-button clasp. (All this was in another thread but it got eaten by the server switch.) I picked up a pair of cheap nugget FW studs to wear with them. Here they are yesterday with an earth-toned outfit.
10-11mm nugget-shaped (one flatter side) freshwaters

Yesterday, I was feeling very Downton Abbey. My flapper dress and my Vietnamese blue akoyas all linked up for a crotch length strand. My arm isn't long enough to get them all in with a selfie.

IMG_0515.jpg

Doubled up. With my Kojima blue grey drops.

IMG_0520.jpg

Today, my co-irkers are having a Super Bowl party during work. We're supposed to wear football jerseys. My Rosie the Riveter is the closest I can come. I brought out The Swan, even though she probably doesn't really go with the outfit. I don't care. I'm in the mood for The Swan.

IMG_0526.jpg

Ooo, I just noticed that The Swan sort of looks like Rosie's fist. Maybe she does go with the outfit?

enbcfsobe, love the nuggets - perfect size and length with the outfit.
BWeaves - great combo necklace. The Swan rocks!

Back