Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks, Pearl Dreams and GemGeek! I finally get the appeal of round white pearls-- I love these! The vast majority of my collection is colorful baroque, which is wonderful. I think it's always exciting to try something new and this is a complete change for me.

Just lovely, all! BWeaves, that "vintage sweater and akoya" look is darling ... my husband is a big fan of those late night, black & white OLD episodes of Perry Mason, and the vintage pearl looks on there are very entertaining!

baby nurse, you continue to surprise me :) Since earlier comments have disappeared ... I remember those lavendar tiny pearls from Mikeyy's suitcase! Had in my hands for a bit, then chose a slightly different tiny pearls strand of the palest ice grey with small white pearl stations ... it's surprising how often I wear it and what it looks good with! Wouldn't it be fun to have a pre-or post ruckus shopping expedition ... wear your favorite pearls and find a top that looks terrific with those pearls :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
baby nurse -- I remember those tinies. ovely! And the white Edisons are simply gorgeous on you!!! Wear in health and happiness!!!

Babynurse lovely outfit and gorgeous pearls.

My Fiji keshi pearl ring is finally complete and should be on its way to me soon. :D

Fiji keshi pearl ring

Last edited:
OH MY!

Little pearls, big pearls, pearls on rings, rings with pearls. I love them all. You ladies all look gorgeous in your pearls.

As much as I love multiple strands of small pearls, because they are so comfortable to wear, those Edisons are giving me pearl shrinkage syndrome. I thought my pearl choker had large pearls when I bought it back in the 1980s. Now it looks so tiny to me.

I'm curious, are Edisons heavy?

As always, gorgeous choices, ladies!

'm going to re-post the ones of mine that disappeared...

Tiny lavenders from Mickeyy's suitcase, Ruckus 2014.

View attachment 39421

View attachment 39422

View attachment 39423

BN, those little lavenders are just perfect for that top. The colours just go well together.

What are white Edisons? They look like white metallics to me but are they completely different type of pearls?
They are magnificent by the way

Edisons are bead nucleated (and thus round) and larger; the metallic white FWP are neither bead nucleated nor very large, and are generally off-round.

BWeaves, Have a look at this thread for an idea of how much pearls go up in weight as they increase in size (volume). I updated it yesterday to include strands:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...w-much-difference-does-1mm-larger-really-make

Thanks!! I had already reviewed that, and I've ordered some larger pearls that I sent back because I didn't find the weight comfortable. Of course, greedy me did order a 50 inch rope of Tahitians, so I know that's beyond my neck limit.

I guess what I'm really asking is how that particular Edison necklace feels to wear?
Can you compare the weight to something like a 36 inch rope of 8 mm akoyas or freshies?

Hi Ladies! I know many posts got wiped this past weekend during the server migration. But responding to some posts that I remember seeing but got wiped.

BabyNurse! I actually have the ring in green (prehnite) & purple (amethyst), and have shared the story of the rings in this thread:

It was GemGeek's Late Pearls of the Week - Amazing Jewelry Theater thread, and I thought my rings resembled one of the piece from the designer's Fairy Tail collection. The rings are from my mom's jeweler in Taipei, *inspired/fashioned* after Dior designs...

The pearls have some funny story behind it, which I shared in the First Pearl thread:
https://www.pearl-guide.com/threads/show-us-your-very-first-pearls.2645/page-3#post-214391

Bailey! I still prefer colorful & baroque pearls over white rounds, but the occasional white rounds are very nice indeed. :eek:

So I went to the Theory sample sale this weekend and picked up an olive colored silk blouse for a pretty awesome price.
Decided to wear my Ripples which picks up some metallic greens.
The color didn't really come off in the photo - the blouse is a much more vibrant olive in person.
But my HG ripples felt a bit lonely given I've used to multi-layers & ropes, so I decided to do some random layers today.
IMG_3996.jpg

To be honest, the weight of necklaces doesn't bother me at all (but earrings is a whole other story!!!).
I hardly notice them and feel like I can easily load up on a few more ropes & strands lol! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back