Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Purranha, Cathy, Baby Nurse, Kelluv, thank you for the hugs and well wishes. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, and Mom is starting to have more bad days as she enters the later stages of the disease.

The Dementias are heartbreaking. My Dad knew me for 2 days over Christmas, and I didn't know how to act. I didn't know how long he'd recognize me, and I didn't want to be impertinent.

I'm used to being 'the hospital volunteer' to him, but NOT a CandyStriper, because I'm too old.

Been there, and wouldn't wish it on anyone ... Blessings and Hugs, KaySD, Lisa C and anyone else so affected. We're here 24/7 if you need an ear or just some company. HUGS.

Kay, I'm so sorry you and your mother are going through this. My mother had Alzheimers as well, and passed away in February after a very sad decline. We had hospice helping the final 2 months.

My thoughts are with you Kay and Lisa. Your parents are very fortunate to have such loving, caring daughters.

How very sad for you both , Lisa and Kay .. it's a dreadful condition and heartbreaking for families. I am truly sorry to hear that you are all going through this . It seems to be so common now .. half of my friends now have a parent with some form of dementia/Alzheimers and they spend their time driving back and forth to Nursing homes. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Hugs to all of you.

These are my pink/peach ripples from Catherine Cardellini.

pink/peach ripples from Catherine Cardellini.
CCpinkpeachripples1.jpg

Baby Nurse, you have a genius talent for mixing pearls and clothing colors, and then getting a close-up selfie capturing those combinations :)

Thank you, Cathy! Truth is, I take a ton before I settle on one or two, but I thoroughly enjoy it :eek:

Oh, a ton of pictures! I thought you took a ton of pearls,and chose a couple of necklaces to keep. Oh well, we can dream!

I really want to thank everyone on PG, for making this such a loving, safe place. PearlDreams and Pattye bore the brunt of my sorrows and Caitlin, and Pearl Guide was the place I could go for a taste of a normal life and fun. I don't take care of Dad anymore, another bigger, stronger, local sibling took over and I came home.

I hold all of you dear, knowing your generous hearts; even living with your own fears and sorrows, you send love around.

Cheers! More pearls, more fun :)

Last edited:
BN, in addition to capturing the luster of your pearls and taking great selfie neck shots, it seems like both warm and cool tone pearls agree with your skin tone.

baby nurse is indeed extremely talented at purchasing, combining pearls with clothing, wearing and photographing her pearls. I am envious. Often.

Thank you, lisa c, Pearl Dreams, Bailey, JP, and BAS, for the compliments. I'm really flattered! You all (as well as others I haven't named) help to make PG such a welcoming forum.

Thank you all for your support. P-G is such a warm, supportive place. I haven't been able to post much recently, but I do sometimes come on and read the threads when I need a break.

Sending hugs to Lisa, Cathy, Pearl Dreams, Pattye and anyone else who is going through or has been through watching a loved one decline. Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia are just so heartbreaking, and it has become a national epidemic. I know so many people who are going through this. It's really tough being in the sandwich generation, caring for parents and children at the same time.

Back