Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you Tucs,JP,and Bas!
I didn't know how beautiful akoya pearls were. I am definitely a big fan now.

Bailey. Those are gorgeous. They look great with the matching tin cup. The shine and the color do come through on your photo. Just stunning.

Today my weaving guild had their holiday party. I wore my 10 mm silver blue baroque akoyas from PP, and my big metallic freshwater drops. The silver blue baroques do not have the shine or color of my smaller Vietnamese strands, but I love them all.

Just for play, I wore a "purse front" that one of my weaving friend made. It's bead woven and it weighs a ton, which is why she never made it into a purse. I think I might pin it to a dress every now and then, because I really liked it as a "collar" on the front of this dress. It also has long black ropes with dangles hanging down the back, which help counterweight it. It's her own design of 2 fire breathing dragons in the clouds.

10 mm silver blue baroque akoyas from Pearl Paradise and my big metallic freshwater drops

BWeaves I own more clothing with blue in now than ever before in my life LOL ... since getting blue vietnamese pearls :)

I went to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie with my kids yesterday and wore these Catherine Cardellini ripples. It was SO cold out but I was cozy in my "mint cake" (love that!) colored sweater :)

dpgold

You know, I never used to like blue at all. I really go through the most amazing color phases.

I can guess your age by the color ink you use to write with.

Purple Age 11
Pink Age 14
Blue Age 18
Green Your 20s
Black Your 30s & 40s
Blue again Your 50s

Now? It's hard to tell, because you're typing on your phone.

Hmm...I've been using purple ink for years...ha! ;)

Pearls always keep my neck warm. Love the mint cake sweater with the pearls.

And, um, the pen & ink thing isn't as scientific as I'd like, but if you're still using purple, that means you are very young at heart!

I just wrote my daughter's birthday card in purple ink.

My car is purple (black currant metallic, actually) and so is my fleece jacket. ;)

Baby Nurse, that's a really lovely combination of sweater and pearls ... you are the queen of pastels!

It's been a pearly week.

Hanadamas, tweed and faded jeans. And my white gold Mikimoto huggies.

IMG_0438.jpg

Hanadamas, Vietnamese blues, and my mother's ice blue metallic leather jacket from 1962.
I rescued it from her garage sale. It matches the blue akoyas exactly.

IMG_0444.jpg

Last edited:
BWeaves, that metallic blue jacket, lacy white top and 2 sets of pearls is stunning, inspired, original and just beautiful!

Back