Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Blue akoyas. They look intensely blue. Can't wait to see them on the flesh! And Big Papa should get out more - so handsome! :)

And here's my new blue Vietnamese akoyas. 6-7 mm. Thank you, Hisano, for picking these out for me!

I decided to throw on my natural white Hanadama 8 mm akoyas, and my very first pearl necklace of 5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982, just as a comparison. I liked how they nested, so I left them on. I don't really think they go together, but I liked the feel of all the ropes bouncing over my boobs when I walked.

Hanadama 8 mm akoyas, vietnamese akoya both from Pearl Paradise and  5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982

Look at the color on those blues. I love it. I think I can tell which pearls came from which of the 2 original strands, since one strand was dark and shiny and the other was lighter and not quite as shiny.

Hanadama 8 mm akoyas with vietnamese akoya both from Pearl Paradise and  5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982

Also, the necklaces didn't nestle in my cleavage like that in real life. The cleavage look was caused by how I held my arms when I was taking the selfies.

Hanadama 8 mm akoyas, vietnamese akoya both from Pearl Paradise and  5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982 close up

I didn't think it was really fair to have my old akoya strand in there. It comes off looking like a poor 3rd cousin. However, I've grown to appreciate how well matched the pearls are, even if the orient cannot compare to the Hanadamas or the Blues. I don't think I realized at the time what a good strand of pearls I got back in 1982. My parents owned a small Mom and Pop department store, and my mother picked them up for me at a jewelry show. I was disappointed that they were so small, but I've worn them to death and they still look great when they're not sitting next to a strand of Hanadamas.

Wholly Smokes BWeaves your blues are really, really blue and totally TDF. BTW your other strands are too :)

Wonderful pearl time-line. Multiple generations playing nicely together :) Really lovely!

Jersey Pearl, your blues and aquas are beautiful. I really like both looks. CAUSE BLUE! And the style is just gorgeous.

Are your necklaces heavy?

Are they one strand that you wrapped around your neck 3 times, or did you string them as a triple?

I've decided that I just cannot wear big pearls because they are just too heavy around my neck. So if I ever get Tahitians, they'll have to be a tin cup type necklace, but most tin cups leave me cold. I really like the look with the little stone roundels. And someone here has a "scattered tin cup" that I also like. Asymmetry appeals to me because that way the necklace is never hanging wrong.

And here's my new blue Vietnamese akoyas. 6-7 mm. Thank you, Hisano, for picking these out for me!

I decided to throw on my natural white Hanadama 8 mm akoyas, and my very first pearl necklace of 5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982, just as a comparison. I liked how they nested, so I left them on. I don't really think they go together, but I liked the feel of all the ropes bouncing over my boobs when I walked.

Look at the color on those blues. I love it. I think I can tell which pearls came from which of the 2 original strands, since one strand was dark and shiny and the other was lighter and not quite as shiny.

Also, the necklaces didn't nestle in my cleavage like that in real life. The cleavage look was caused by how I held my arms when I was taking the selfies.

I didn't think it was really fair to have my old akoya strand in there. It comes off looking like a poor 3rd cousin. However, I've grown to appreciate how well matched the pearls are, even if the orient cannot compare to the Hanadamas or the Blues. I don't think I realized at the time what a good strand of pearls I got back in 1982. My parents owned a small Mom and Pop department store, and my mother picked them up for me at a jewelry show. I was disappointed that they were so small, but I've worn them to death and they still look great when they're not sitting next to a strand of Hanadamas.

The nesting is perfect on these, like they were designed to be worked together!

Jersey Pearl, your blues and aquas are beautiful. I really like both looks. CAUSE BLUE! And the style is just gorgeous.

Are your necklaces heavy?

Are they one strand that you wrapped around your neck 3 times, or did you string them as a triple?

I've decided that I just cannot wear big pearls because they are just too heavy around my neck. So if I ever get Tahitians, they'll have to be a tin cup type necklace, but most tin cups leave me cold. I really like the look with the little stone roundels. And someone here has a "scattered tin cup" that I also like. Asymmetry appeals to me because that way the necklace is never hanging wrong.

Hi B...they are not heavy (but I am not a good judge of what is heavy, since I do wear all kinds of necklaces)...the two necklaces are strung as multi strands. One is a 4 strand with off round light tahitians which have more of a greenish blue color; the newer one is a triple strand with round biggies that lean more toward blue green. The largest pearl on the second necklace (3 strand) is about 12.6mm and the smallest about 10.5mm.

When I ordered the aquas, I also ordered some teeny tiny rhodolite garnet beads...not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but they seem to compliment my new colorful circled pearls nicely!

Thanks, everyone! The more I look at my 3 ropes together, the more I'm beginning to think they really work as a team. They feel like heaven on.

Thanks for the info on your aqua and Tahitian necklaces. I thought the positions of the big pearls seemed too perfect to just happen randomly. You did an amazing job.

BWeaves, your 3 rope look is divine! I especially like how the white hanadamas bring out the intense blue of the little akoyas :)

JerseyPearl, you continue to leave me speechless ... both those gemstone/Tahitian necklaces look fabulous together!!!

Back