Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

baby nurse -- that necklace is SO gorgeous!!!

BWeaves -- I think they look great together, except for the fact that the chains are different colors. If they were both silver -- I'd say wear them together!

Been super duper busy with work (which is just me sitting in my pajamas in front of my computer screen) so I only had 2 occasions to wear anything fin (so I went little overboard).

Last week I took my mom out for dinner for her birthday, and really layered on the Tahitians. Later that week my sister threw a party to celebrate the fact that I will have a new nephew soon (I am sooooooooooooo happy and excited), so I wore blue and my BBA and my GSSP pendant.

Long Tahitian layered rope
Tahitian bracelet
Blue baroque akoya pearl strand

I love both looks.

But I am partial to wearing different lengths of pearl necklaces together (a la Chanel). I love your layers of Tahitians.

Last edited:
love the layered Tahitian look ckrickett, very pretty :) today i'm wearing my little wing pearl chain, an antique piece and an old graduated akoya strand.

I'm still playing in my pearl jewelry box. I know you must be sick of this necklace by now, but here is The Swan on the yellow gold sleeve knit choker and the drusy pearl pendant on the yellow gold cable, together.

IMG_0316.jpg

This almost gives the feel of being a single piece.

Last edited:
I've missed quite a few of these beauties, thank you for sharing the splendour!

I like this a lot, BWeaves!! The whole thing is very nicely balanced. Really enjoying the different textures, too!

BWeaves, very nice, I think those two play each other nicely, the two chains being the same colour I think helps focus the attention on the pendants.

Last edited:
I'm wearing my new white metallic FW button studs from Pearlesence. 13.6mm. They are gorgeous and a very good deal. Thank you, Wendy!
(Sory for the lousy ear shot, but at least it shows the proportions.)

FW button studs from Pearlesence
buttons2.jpg
buttons3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BWeaves -- I think that really works! Using the gold for both pieces pulls it together. Great combo!

Great looking big studs! (That came out dirtier than it sounded in my head.)

Interesting earring backs. How do they work?

Thanks BWeaves. I think the idea is one puts the part that stands out the most (with a bit of a hole, as seen in the photo) so that it is placed at the top when on the ear, that way it helps the studs to not droop.

Great photos everyone thanks for sharing your ideas on how to wear pearls. Tucs your earrings are beautiful!

OOOO, Lookie what I got today! Hisano sent me the most gorgeous dark blue strand of 6-7 mm Vietnamese akoyas. I'll give you a neck shot tomorrow.

Here they are next to my regular 10 mm baroque blue akoyas, my 9 mm Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas and The Swan (cause it's also bluish). The background is actually grey, so the photo came out too pink, and doesn't really show how blue they all are.

9 mm Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas and The Swan

Hisano combined two strands to make an opera length rope for me. One of the original strands was darker and shinier, and one was a bit lighter, but they blended beautifully together. And I requested an orbit clasp because I'm just tired of fiddling with small clasps, and I want to be able to get my pearls on and off quickly and easily. Plus, I really like the look of the orbit clasp.

Last edited:
Oooh, congrats! I can hardly wait for neck shots! Wear in health and happiness!!!

Back