Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Kay! I too would love to know source of the findings JerseyPearl ... that yellow gold and sapphires has my eye!

I would love to know as well, but didn't ask my jeweler. I did find the photo of the yellow gold clasp on Fire Mountain, however, it is not in stock and when I inquired on the manufacturer, I was told they did not share that information...btw, their price was almost twice what my jeweler charged me for it. Once I pick up the finished piece, I will ask for the manufacturer's name. I may also hunt around on 47th street in the next few weeks to see if I can find something similar.

What a great collection of clasps, not easy to find just the right one! Thanks for sharing, Kay.

Amti, so clever of you to use that pretty chain with your genuine pearls~cost effective, too.

Kudos to each of you for keeping us drooling with your great selfies and pearly designs and purchases~

Hi Ckrickett, thanks for the offer. I have tried all the sources with which I am familiar: Bella, Rio, Gempacked, KGH, but have not found quite what I need.

I would love to be able to find hook and eye or fold-over clasps in oxidized/black rhodium-plated silver and diamonds. Styles similar to these:

View attachment 36978View attachment 36979View attachment 36980View attachment 36981

Right now, I am looking for a clasp that will add 2-3" of length to a strand, without using an extender chain. Gempacked has several styles of blacked silver and diamond bracelet components I like:

View attachment 36982View attachment 36983View attachment 36984View attachment 36985

I need to find some kind of blackened silver hook (without a visible trigger like a lobster clasp) to use to connect the component to the strand on each side. Something like the small (7x12mm) silver Orbit hooks might work if they could be plated with black rhodium.

View attachment 36987

These silver and diamond enhancers would look great hooked through the small loops on one of the bracelet components, but I'm not sure I would trust that closure mechanism on a valuable strand.

View attachment 36986

When i saw these pictures yesterday it reminded me of antiqued sterling silver clasps with Pave diamonds on ETsy but could not remember the shop's name. I just saw their ad, it's BEADSPOINT on Etsy. They have some interesting shapes too.

When i saw these pictures yesterday it reminded me of antiqued sterling silver clasps with Pave diamonds on ETsy but could not remember the shop's name. I just saw their ad, it's BEADSPOINT on Etsy. They have some interesting shapes too.

Ive gotten few findings from them, they are pretty good. I get stuff from Gemco too.

I have looked through the Clasps in Gemco's catalog KAYsd, and I couldn't find anything close to what you are looking for. I will keep looking.

Today I am wearing the tin cup that I made yesterday using the silvery/metallic 7.5-8.5mm oval exotics purchased from PP in February 2008. The pastel colors don't show up so well on bright days like today, though.

The small orbit clasp is great for clipping on pendants or charms-- this one is abalone with marcasite.

Having the clasp in front enables me to put the largest pearls also in front.

tin cup using the silvery/metallic 7.5-8.5mm oval exotics purchased from Pearl Paradise in February 2008

Thanks!
I made a mistake and am editing:
The chain is white gold-filled cable chain, not rhodium plated sterling silver as I mistakenly posted.

The wire is palladium sterling silver. Trying to avoid tarnish! Also palladium sterling silver is a bit harder than standard sterling silver, which helps when the gauge is so fine.

The orbit clasp will tarnish, being sterling silver, but at least it is not directly next to pearls and can be cleaned relatively easily.

Last edited:
I'm pretty behind on posting as I'm ' on the road' for a while and the Internet varies !
First of all... Red we have to,change your name to Goldie! What a fabulous look !!

As for the clasps ..have you looked at CGM ? I'm not sure how their blackened silver and diamond range compares to the others ..but they did have a few. Worth a look !

Jp - I do lobe the look of those clasps with your Tahitians !

Isn't it frustrating to know just what you want and you can't find it !!

Thank you pkinnew!

It's quite lightweight. Comapred to a rope, say, a tin cup seems to offer a big look without a lot of weight.

I love all the handmade strands shown, very professional looking and the clasps are gorgeous.
PearlDreams gorgeous summary strand and I love the abalone fan.

That's very nice looking on you! I really like keishi of that type.

What a pretty necklace! That looks like it transitions well and can be worn with a number of different types of outfits.

Is this the necklace I nicknamed the "George" Necklace? :)…It is so pretty., the way you've designed it you could add just about anything interesting that you like, and that is what I love when people are creative with their jewelry.

Today I am wearing the tin cup that I made yesterday using the silvery/metallic 7.5-8.5mm oval exotics purchased from PP in February 2008. The pastel colors don't show up so well on bright days like today, though.

The small orbit clasp is great for clipping on pendants or charms-- this one is abalone with marcasite.

Having the clasp in front enables me to put the largest pearls also in front.

Yes, it is the George necklace! I've worn a few other pendants on it since then, including a piece of scrimshaw my husband bought me on our honeymoon.
I am on the lookout for a cat charm, too, but I think it will have to be a serendipitous find. I don't care for the ones I've seen so far.

Back