Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Ckrickett, your BBA bar necklace is so pretty on you. I?ve been sticking with pendants lately due to our heat wave the last couple of weeks.

Jersey, I love the new necklace you created with the sapphire rondelles! I wouldn?t have thought to put blue sapphires with Tahitians, but they really look good together. Are those near round A/B Mangareva?

KaySD, I work with a few different jewelry finding companies. one is where I got that charm, they have a lot of different clasps and findings, if you want I can search and see if they have anything similar to what you are looking for.

Hi Ckrickett, thanks for the offer. I have tried all the sources with which I am familiar: Bella, Rio, Gempacked, KGH, but have not found quite what I need.

I would love to be able to find hook and eye or fold-over clasps in oxidized/black rhodium-plated silver and diamonds. Styles similar to these:

KGH K601 (13x57mm 0.12ct).jpgKGH K920 (0.14ct 9x18mm).jpgOval diamond ring with non-diamond fold-over clasps.jpgrose gold infinity.jpg

Right now, I am looking for a clasp that will add 2-3" of length to a strand, without using an extender chain. Gempacked has several styles of blacked silver and diamond bracelet components I like:

GP 47X12mm Oxidized SS Concave Curved Outline $129.jpgGP 48X13mm Oxidized SS Circle & Triangle $98.jpgGP 45X13mm Oxidized SS Wavy Rounded Outline $137.jpgGP 39X15mm Oxidized SS Eye $148.jpg

I need to find some kind of blackened silver hook (without a visible trigger like a lobster clasp) to use to connect the component to the strand on each side. Something like the small (7x12mm) silver Orbit hooks might work if they could be plated with black rhodium.

Small Orbits (7x23mm) Silver.jpg

These silver and diamond enhancers would look great hooked through the small loops on one of the bracelet components, but I'm not sure I would trust that closure mechanism on a valuable strand.

GP 4.5mm silver & diamond enhancers $23.jpg

Hi Ckrickett, thanks for the offer. I have tried all the sources with which I am familiar: Bella, Rio, Gempacked, KGH, but have not found quite what I need.

I would love to be able to find hook and eye or fold-over clasps in oxidized/black rhodium-plated silver and diamonds. Styles similar to these:

View attachment 36978View attachment 36979View attachment 36980View attachment 36981

Right now, I am looking for a clasp that will add 2-3" of length to a strand, without using an extender chain. Gempacked has several styles of blacked silver and diamond bracelet components I like:

View attachment 36982View attachment 36983View attachment 36984View attachment 36985

I need to find some kind of blackened silver hook (without a visible trigger like a lobster clasp) to use to connect the component to the strand on each side. Something like the small (7x12mm) silver Orbit hooks might work if they could be plated with black rhodium.

View attachment 36987

These silver and diamond enhancers would look great hooked through the small loops on one of the bracelet components, but I'm not sure I would trust that closure mechanism on a valuable strand.

View attachment 36986

Oh I love those! I will take a look at the suppliers I work with and see what I can find! I'll PM you later tonight

Those PP silver charm bracelets consist of two loop sections that look just like your orbit clasps. You could loop several together to get exactly the extra length that you want that day. The advantage these have over the usual extender chain is that you can remove them completely when you don't need them.

Kay, I was looking for something similar to what you are wanting, but in gold. I couldn't find 14k so I settled for something else but close to the design I wanted so I could start. I figured my necklace project was an ongoing project so I would eventually find something perfect within the next year or two. I also came up with the same idea of using enhancers on both sides but wasn't sure how they would lay on the back of the neck, or if they would get caught on clothes, if worn on the side. I hope you find what you're looking for!

I have no idea where to start on commenting on the pearls. Every single one is breathtaking and makes me realize how I need to have more pearls and experiment wearing them in different styles more often. I've only recently picked up my first Tahitians and got a few loose SS last month.

In order to practice wire wrapping, I started upcycling. I replaced the cheap pearls on a favorite piece of costume jewelry with the SS pearls. Because they were drilled with 2mm holes, I used a glass bead inside to stabilize the pearl and then 3mm gold beads on each side to hide the hole. I ran out of SS pearls so I used one 6mm akoya. There is still one small pearl that needs to be replaced, but I'm out of loose pearls unless I dissemble a perfectly good strand of fwps. I don't know if I have the heart to do that though. I think we all know what that means.

Sorry for the quality of the photo... I cannot seem to take a decent selfie. And please ignore the dog hair... I can't come home without my pups asking for hugs.
DSC05908.jpg
DSC05910.jpg

Ckrickett, your BBA bar necklace is so pretty on you. I?ve been sticking with pendants lately due to our heat wave the last couple of weeks.

Jersey, I love the new necklace you created with the sapphire rondelles! I wouldn?t have thought to put blue sapphires with Tahitians, but they really look good together. Are those near round A/B Mangareva?

The pearls are all ovals, but not the Mangareva lot...these are from the second batch I purchased and are also A/B, although not as colorful.

Love all those styles Kay! Where is the first gold/diamond orbit set from?

The clasps are all gorgeous! Part of the delay with my round/off round Mangareva strand has been due to the clasp. The manufacturer of the original clasp (like two donuts plated in black rhodium w/pink sapphires) doesn't produce it any longer. The cost to make it would be about twice the price of the original plus additional shipping fees. I instead opted to use this clasp on my strand and use the donut strand on the bracelet.

IMG_2305.jpg

Here are the rondelles I'm using:

L2099-097.jpg

And here is the bracelet clasp:
Hook-and-Eye-Karat-Gold-Yellows---p1954fsb.jpg

This is the same clasp as the one I'm using in the bracelet, but in yellow gold, w/yellow sapphires:

I have been wanting a petite (7-8 mm) rope of various shaped and colored tahitian pearls. I have been mostly working with Jac and his pearls are gorgeous, and I have got about 1/2 of the length I want.

Since I am impatient, I strung them on a temp strand so I can wear it until I purchase the rest of my pearls. The clasp is not the one I will use either. But I am looking for a oxidized silver/diamond clasp.

so I am wearing it today, its fun, but I can't wait to finish it!

IMG_1996.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

JerseyPearl, those findings are gorgeous! Who is the manufacturer?

Ckrickett, beautiful colors! I love how the light bounces off the ridges.

I finally caught up on this thread! Amazing pearls, everyone! It's been a true treasure seeing all of your gorgeous pearls - thanks for sharing!

Back