Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

thanks gemgeek! i love having short hair and agree it does show off pearl necklaces and earrings better! they used to get lost in my hair! :mad:

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I'm new here, and at the gentle urging of another member I'm going to show my pearls in action lol! This is our rooster Chicadee in a Catherine Cardellini 68" rope of copper/peach ripples. I bought the pearls because they reminded me of the colors in the rooster's glorious feathers, and I thought a picture of the two together would be nice!

View attachment 29317

Baby Nurse, I admire your taste in models. Up to this point, I thought I was the only member to show my pearls with farm animals! (horse pics, same thread, a couple years ago).
The inspiration and attraction of feather colors comparing to pearls is something that could be explored a little deeper? I have a bronze turkey whose feathers in sunlight fan my lust for Tahitian pearls. Those fascinating color shifts, that dark iridescence...

Elizabeth

They look so lovely on you - graceful & elegant! Thank you for sharing your blues!

and one more for now - both strands (i'm told) originate from PP - but i bought the tahitians on ebay (was that from one of y'all?). i just love pink FWP and green tahitians together, so this is exactly what i planned for the tahitians when i bought them - layered in with a 36" strand of color-shifting pink/purple pearls:

Nested pearl strands all from Pearl Paradise

Beautiful, juliebeth! Green tahitians are my favorites - I love that you had a plan from the start to have them frame the pink/purple freshwaters - a great pairing.

Yay to this thread! My new double strand souffl? twisted with my new metallic drops (PP purchases):

ZOMG BAS - these souffl?s are incredible!! So luxurious to see them twisted like this, such an abundance!

Well it was new favorite pearl day! Found this SoC mabe on a long chain and layered over it my semi baroque rainbowislandpearls strand... ringed Tahitian earrings to top it off. They wouldn't all fit in one photo, so here are a few...

SoC mabe on a long chain and layered over it my semi baroque rainbowislandpearls strand... ringed Tahitian earrings
SoC mabe on a long chain and layered over it my semi baroque rainbowislandpearls strand... ringed Tahitian earrings
SoC mabe on a long chain

And all together!
SoC mabe on a long chain and semi baroque rainbowislandpearls strand ringed Tahitian earrings

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, juliebeth! Green tahitians are my favorites - I love that you had a plan from the start to have them frame the pink/purple freshwaters - a great pairing.

Thank you! But of course I just gave away the color-shifting freshies to a dear friend whose skin tone they look DIVINE with. So now the green Tahitians will have to be naked until I find them a new best friend!

Love everything, but especially the pendant. They all look great on you. :)

Your strand is beautiful - love the colors! And your SoC mabe pendant is stunning! Very nice combo!

Ombre Suite

Ombre Suite

I purchased these pieces from PP when they had a special on ombre pearls. They're Akoyas and Tahitians that graduate in size and color - so different! I usually don't go all matchy-matchy but today I thought they needed to be worn together.
Pearl Paradise ombre strand
Ombre strand with matching earrings - Pearl Paradise
What to black Tahitian ombre strand

Ombre - Part 2

Ombre - Part 2

Here are the other 2 pieces - bracelet and earrings.

Pearl Paradise Tahitian and natural color akoya ombre bracelet
Ombre Tahitian and akoya earrings

Pkinnew-- stunning! I couldn't figure out how those would look on, so I passed on them and whenever I see them on you I think I should have bought them. The look great together and "match" in the right way, as a complimentary set.

Pkinnew, thanks for showing your ombre set; it looks fantastic!

Back