Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Bas, I bought it on my last trip from Greenhills Manila.....I tried on many and liked this color combination the best. I think it's made with a lower grade south sea and another dyed pearl. ...the funny thing was that the first champagne colored pearl on it came off the next day and I went back to the shop immediately and asked them to repair it, but this time I chose the pearl and the one I chose was a south sea ( low grade) and a slightly bigger one than before :D
As many on this forum had said Greenhills is a fun market for pearls, I felt like a kid in a candy store and almost wanted to cry because I couldn't choose any from all the beautiful things I see.....BUT .... the shop owners really do take advantage of foreigners! And people's lack of knowledge..... They are good at selling, and are pushy, I just went and chose the ones that suited me and not the ones they recommended for me to buy :)

I have seen many nice ones, that are similar in design in etsy.

Last edited:
Thank you Pattye :)
Merry Christmas to everybody! Hope you guys have a lovely holiday!

Love all the "real life" pearl shots!

I'm a bit limited in what I can wear in day-to-day working life. Our dress code is pretty strict at the Bar in England and Wales - either very plain black / dark grey skirt or trouser suit, or equally plain black / dark grey dress and jacket combination. Shirts etc must be either white of cream, and generally bling stuff not encouraged.

I tend to wear my Tahitian 18 inch strand, or an 18 inch lavender PP strand, or lavender drop pearls, for work. They are quiet enough not to offend the dress code. For example:

Pearl Paradise lavender pearls

I don't have pierced ears, and I only wear a fairly low-key ring most of the time (the same one, on my ring finger, not a fashion statement or a pearl, but I love it).

If I'm in a court where I wear robes - wig, gown and collar - and can't wear a necklace, I wear my lavender bracelet quite a lot. Barristers' robes don't really allow for necklaces, you see!

This is my 8 year old in my robes, as you can see, not many jewellery options:

cb7fd5e3-e186-4534-8331-e7ed381b0bfa.jpg

A non-working shot - my mother was given some glorious top-quality lavender freshwater pearls, necklace and earrings, by me for her birthday in late 2012. They came from Wendy at Pearlescence - they are absolutely gorgeous. She couldn't wear the necklace for a while, as she had what she called a portacabin installed for chemotherapy, and necklaces could catch on it. She wore them this Christmas, though, and they are really lovely. You can see in this photo, even in artificial late Christmas afternoon light, how much lustre they have:

13ae82eb-6b5a-4052-b313-fe3c0d858b1f.jpg

These are the pearls not on my mother:

IMG_1213.jpg

I LOVE the necklace you bought for your mother. Absolutely beautiful on her!

At first I thought you worked in a "bar" (pub to you, I think). Tee hee...

She looks lovely in it - you need to imagine she's not wearing an apron for the full Christmas posh effect, though (-:

And no, not in a bar lol

I love to hear the personal details. Great pearls from Wendy - I am mad for lavender! :)

Beautiful pearls, Amanda, and beautiful mom… especially wearing an apron!

My darling Mama's gorgeous, with or without pearls (-:

She's 65, but manages to look a good decade younger.

I hope my daughter knows to give me pearls when she's grown :)

- Karin

I hope my daughter knows to give me pearls when she's grown :)

- Karin

If she doesn't, she hasn't been paying attention (-:

The Christmas before, I gave her a tin-cup tahitian necklace and earring set, that she wears a lot. Tahitian pearls look great on almost everyone.

yes, your mom does look great in those pearls! also, your lavender strand looks great on YOU! but really, with your gorgeous eyes, how could anyone notice those pearls? i bet you could get away with larger. i mean, if nancy pelosi or hilary clinton or QE2 can pull of mega pearls, you ought to be able to pull off some 8-9 or 9-10mm metallics, easy peasy!

today for a trip to the dentist, wearing big ratty comfy fuschia microfleece zipneck sweatshirt and baggy jeans and purple snowboots. also featuring TenderBeauty house brand gem quality peach 6-7 (i think)mm 18 inch strand over rainbowislandpearls baroque tahitians (restrung on purple BS with SSP and extra tahitian dangles on clasp) along with my very own puffy nucleated pearl bead pendant. oh, and TB lavender drop earrings johanna sent along with other purchases.

1:24:141.jpg
1:24:142.jpg
1:24:143.jpg

oof dog fur. sorry about that.
also, i wish i could capture the exquisite gemminess of these peach pearls on camera. i generally don't choose peach pearls, not my favorite color, but these were on sale, and i don't have ANY others that are just so otherworldly. it's what i imagine the gem-quality freshadamas must be like IRL. completely different than the metallics that i have - these appear translucent, with a glow dancing in the center of each pearl. just beautiful.

1:24:144.jpg

ok looking at that photo i have decided the dangles may not be best in the front with the other. here it is turned around - each photo has different side of the poofy pearl showing. it's like the souffle's, but not near as awesome, but still awesome in its own way, plus pondslime!

1:24:14.2.jpg
1:24:14.3.jpg

yes, your mom does look great in those pearls! also, your lavender strand looks great on YOU! but really, with your gorgeous eyes, how could anyone notice those pearls? i bet you could get away with larger. i mean, if nancy pelosi or hilary clinton or QE2 can pull of mega pearls, you ought to be able to pull off some 8-9 or 9-10mm metallics, easy peasy!

today for a trip to the dentist, wearing big ratty comfy fuschia microfleece zipneck sweatshirt and baggy jeans and purple snowboots. also featuring TenderBeauty house brand gem quality peach 6-7 (i think)mm 18 inch strand over rainbowislandpearls baroque tahitians (restrung on purple BS with SSP and extra tahitian dangles on clasp) along with my very own puffy nucleated pearl bead pendant. oh, and TB lavender drop earrings johanna sent along with other purchases.

I have some lavender nice quality round freshwaters that are 8mm (those lavender drops are small, 5.5mm long each). It was my Mama admiring both lots of my lavender pearls - the drops and rounds - that made me get her some for her birthday. They are quite large, my mother's pearls, I think 10mm each (from memory).

Those are the biggest freshwaters I have, though, don't have metallics or as big as 9-10mm in freshwater, although I do have a slightly-graduated string of Tahitian baroques, the smallest are 8mm and the largest are 10mm. For work, jewellery needs to be quite low-key (-: I have big eyes, rather than gorgeous! And if I don't wear mascara, I look like a rabbit - white eyelashes are a curse (one my sisters share with me).

I like both combinations you wore today- but think the second lot of photos, wtih just the souffle-ish pearl dangling, looks slightly the better. A really lovely combination, and those peach pearls are unusual, and gorgeous. You've got the right hair / skin tones to look great in them. I love the look of peach pearls (and gold South Sea pearls, too) but they don't suit me at all.

Nice pearl swag - all layered up! I have to agree with Amanda, the peach looks great on you, and it looks blah on me. :)

Back