Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lary007: I can't wait to see your Edison ring. That sounds like it going to be gorgeous.

I've found that I really like a 20 inch long chain for wearing pearl pendants, especially if my neckline is high, since it lets the pearl hang lower and be framed by a matinee length necklace nicely. An 18 inch chain works great if my neckline is low and the pearl sits on my skin. But an 18 inch chain tends to compete with the collar of my higher necklines, and the pendant looks too high when worn with other strands.

Thanks so much, evinz, BWeaves, 86C, and Cathy! I really treasure the Biwa strand. I agree about ebay, evinz, the Biwa name is used so synonymously with different shapes of freshwater pearls. Some are obviously not Biwa, but I’ve seen some shapes that could be. It would be too hard to know for sure without knowing the vendor and how the pearls were acquired.

Looking forward to seeing your new ring, lary007!

Beautiful T’s, BWeaves! They all look so lovely together.

A rope length of SS and Tahitians from Rio, Hong Kong, with SS studs from Takahashi, and a Tahitian keshi chain I made.
IMG_2220.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg

I've been away a few weeks and have had the best time going back and seeing everyone's pictures. As I was going through them all I wondered how I would react if I ever actually came across someone wearing some of the stunning pearls I see here. I doubt I'd know how to form words.

Anyway, I wore my first tahitian strand today (still my favorite) from PP with my category killer tahitian pendant from Jacques at Pearl House. He used to be around the forum and have an etsy shop but I haven't seen anything from him in years. Hope he's doing OK! I treasure this pearl I got from him.

I am also anxiously awaiting my edison purchase from PP's live event a few weeks ago. Can't wait to share the finished ring, but here's the pearl I snagged.
The edison you picked up from the live was a stunner. Can't wait to see the finished product. Love it when we get to see how the pearls from the livestreams ended up.

Thank you, 86C! I’ve been doing a lot of rummaging through my pearls, too. Those green Tahitians are really gorgeous!

Thank you, Tiger! I can’t wait to see the projects you’ve been working on!

Your little h pieces are sure to keep you in a good mood, BWeaves!!!

This is a treasured necklace in my collection… A necklace of vintage Biwa pearls from Japan. Fuji Voll (Pacific Pearls.US) gifted me these very very special pearls that he had been saving all these years. I have only seen authentic Biwa pearls through Pacific Pearls/Kojima Pearls and at the Mikimoto Museum. I consider Fuji a real pearl legend. He was born into the pearl world, with parents in the pearl trade. I’ve attached a photo of Fuji with his parents, and Kokichi Mikimoto!
View attachment 468182View attachment 468183View attachment 468184View attachment 468185
Now that is just gorgeous jeg, very special indeed!

I've been away a few weeks and have had the best time going back and seeing everyone's pictures. As I was going through them all I wondered how I would react if I ever actually came across someone wearing some of the stunning pearls I see here. I doubt I'd know how to form words.

Anyway, I wore my first tahitian strand today (still my favorite) from PP with my category killer tahitian pendant from Jacques at Pearl House. He used to be around the forum and have an etsy shop but I haven't seen anything from him in years. Hope he's doing OK! I treasure this pearl I got from him.

I am also anxiously awaiting my edison purchase from PP's live event a few weeks ago. Can't wait to share the finished ring, but here's the pearl I snagged.
Love the T necklace and I can't wait to see your finished ring.

Lary007. Wow, that pendant is amazing. And that Edison is, too. Which setting did you get? Love the ringed Tahitians in your necklace, too. Oh, I love it all.

I also felt like Tahitians today. Slight ombre' bubble necklace from Kojima. Opal and Tahitian drop earrings from Kojima. La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. I tend to gravitate towards the same colors in Tahitians, so these all match nicely.
View attachment 468262View attachment 468261

You can see my camera in the reflection in the pearls. La Perlagrina has color bands of yellow, pink and blue over a body color of green.

View attachment 468260

One earring is green with a pink halo. The other earring is green with a band of pink running around the top half. Very subtle asymmetry.

View attachment 468259
Gorgeous Ts BWeaves! I am partial to opals myself so I love those earrings.

Yesterday I wore another of my live event pearls. Chocolate tahitian pendant.

My first dog, Bacon, had to be put to sleep 3 days before this pearl's live stream. When I wear this I think of him because he was brown.

Attachments

• 20240301_082115.jpg
    20240301_082115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240301_111232.jpg
    20240301_111232.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240301_111423.jpg
    20240301_111423.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

My first dog, Bacon, had to be put to sleep 3 days before this pearl's live stream. When I wear this I think of him because he was brown.
Sorry about Bacon, but the pendant is a lovely memorial. It's a very pretty pearl.

Thank you, lary007 and CatMom! And what a nice compliment lary007! Have fun with your pearls!! But, I am also saddened to hear about Bacon. It’s so so difficult loosing a pet. They are family and our constant companions. I’m glad you found a pearl that will be a lasting happy memory.

I'm sorry for your loss but it is a lovely remembrance.

MSC, your scallop ring is so special. Did you make the setting? It’s been a while since I’ve seen your creations!

Oooo, Tiger! What a post to start with! Your new strand is fantastic. You do not need to have a big collection to post. Isn’t anything considered a collection once you have 3?

Love all the happy layers 86C! That is so sweet of your husband to choose something he thought you would like. Makes it that much more meaningful and I’m sure he loves seeing you wear them.

Always love seeing that favorite of yours BWeaves! It actually brings back memories because I was standing next to you when you were admiring that chain.

I’ve been following Cees’ posts of Fiji pearls and it had me pulling out some of my own Fiji pearls from Cees that I bought several years ago. I made a multicolored rope with some of the pearls, but I just didn’t wear it much because it was pretty heavy. I left out the bigger pearls and made some new pieces using the medium to smaller pearls- a short necklace and a bracelet. The Tahitian studs are from Hawaii.
View attachment 468157View attachment 468158
I did make the setting! It's in 18k fairmined gold and it reminds me of a rock pool 😁

lary007, your new chocolate Tahitian pendant looks stunning on you! My sympathies on losing your dear puppy Bacon. We lost our beloved Reffi one month ago; she rescued us from the SPCA 13 years ago.

Back