Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, BWeaves, CatMom, SurfnSci and eolian! Oh, I love all the Tahitian colors! SurfnSci, those blues are yummy! Eolian, you did such a wonderful job of arranging your Love strand. It’s so appealing! And CatMom, every piece is eye-catching! I love those dark shades of greens and blues.

I am still going through my Tahitians, but took a break so I could wear my new Japan Kasumi tin cup from Kojima again. Worn with Japan Kasumi golden drop earrings, and a FW pendant, also from Kojima, and a station chain I made.
View attachment 468008View attachment 468009
I love this outfit along with the pearls! The earrings are so interesting looking. Great colors and shapes.

Stunning T's, Ladies! Tahitians are favored by me but today I was in the mood for some golden sunshine since it had warmed a bit & the sun was actually out. My GSS necklace & earrings I got from David Norman & my Akoya keshi necklace from PP with the GSS pendant enhancer(also from David).
View attachment 468037
What a great look, 86C!

Today, I decided to load up some pearls while out running errands before the rain came. 2 Kojima Waterfall necklaces doubled, PP small Vietnamese blue Akoya, larger blue Akoya necklace from David Norman, WSS bracelets & light blue Akoya bracelet from David, Autore WSS ring, & fun Freshwater earrings my husband gave me for Christmas.View attachment 468145View attachment 468146View attachment 468147
Gorgeous combination 86CG!! I really love your earrings!

86CG: Ooo, love your layers.

It's very hot here today, so I went light weight (cough cough). My little h Finistrino enhancer on a little h tin-cup. One of my favorite necklaces.

View attachment 468155View attachment 468156
Thanks, BW. I love the Finistrino & Grotto styles of Hisano. They are just stunning & your Emerald one is my favorite. I catch my breath every time you post a pic of it. It's pure elegance!

MSC, your scallop ring is so special. Did you make the setting? It’s been a while since I’ve seen your creations!

Oooo, Tiger! What a post to start with! Your new strand is fantastic. You do not need to have a big collection to post. Isn’t anything considered a collection once you have 3?

Love all the happy layers 86C! That is so sweet of your husband to choose something he thought you would like. Makes it that much more meaningful and I’m sure he loves seeing you wear them.

Always love seeing that favorite of yours BWeaves! It actually brings back memories because I was standing next to you when you were admiring that chain.

I’ve been following Cees’ posts of Fiji pearls and it had me pulling out some of my own Fiji pearls from Cees that I bought several years ago. I made a multicolored rope with some of the pearls, but I just didn’t wear it much because it was pretty heavy. I left out the bigger pearls and made some new pieces using the medium to smaller pearls- a short necklace and a bracelet. The Tahitian studs are from Hawaii.
IMG_2215.jpeg
IMG_7586.jpeg

MSC, your scallop ring is so special. Did you make the setting? It’s been a while since I’ve seen your creations!

Oooo, Tiger! What a post to start with! Your new strand is fantastic. You do not need to have a big collection to post. Isn’t anything considered a collection once you have 3?

Love all the happy layers 86C! That is so sweet of your husband to choose something he thought you would like. Makes it that much more meaningful and I’m sure he loves seeing you wear them.

Always love seeing that favorite of yours BWeaves! It actually brings back memories because I was standing next to you when you were admiring that chain.

I’ve been following Cees’ posts of Fiji pearls and it had me pulling out some of my own Fiji pearls from Cees that I bought several years ago. I made a multicolored rope with some of the pearls, but I just didn’t wear it much because it was pretty heavy. I left out the bigger pearls and made some new pieces using the medium to smaller pearls- a short necklace and a bracelet. The Tahitian studs are from Hawaii.
View attachment 468157View attachment 468158
Thank you, Jeg! I've been watching Cees posts of his Fiji strands & they really give me the urge to get mine out as well. I bought a strand from him a few years ago & I have worn it mostly in the fall because the colors are somewhat muted. I think it's time to bring it out again as well as the deeply colored Fiji necklace I got a couple of years ago. I've been going through my T's & looking for ones to wear next. It's fun shopping from my jewelry boxes.😁

Last edited:

View attachment 468157View attachment 468158
So pretty! You've given me inspiration from all your posts about things you've changed up. I just took apart a necklace yesterday and plan to make a bracelet, lengthen a necklace and create an extender piece with the pearls from it. At least, that's the plan!

I strung the bracelet yesterday and it was too short...sigh. But I can see that it's going to be nice when I'm done.

Thank you, 86C! I’ve been doing a lot of rummaging through my pearls, too. Those green Tahitians are really gorgeous!

Thank you, Tiger! I can’t wait to see the projects you’ve been working on!

Your little h pieces are sure to keep you in a good mood, BWeaves!!!

This is a treasured necklace in my collection… A necklace of vintage Biwa pearls from Japan. Fuji Voll (Pacific Pearls.US) gifted me these very very special pearls that he had been saving all these years. I have only seen authentic Biwa pearls through Pacific Pearls/Kojima Pearls and at the Mikimoto Museum. I consider Fuji a real pearl legend. He was born into the pearl world, with parents in the pearl trade. I’ve attached a photo of Fuji with his parents, and Kokichi Mikimoto!
IMG_2182.jpeg
IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_2218.jpeg
IMG_7974.jpeg

oh, Jeg! Those Biwa pearls are phenomenal & quite rare! Truly an heirloom piece. I've never seen true Biwa pearls IRL, only in pictures, so thank you for sharing your treasure. They look wonderful on you!

I've been away a few weeks and have had the best time going back and seeing everyone's pictures. As I was going through them all I wondered how I would react if I ever actually came across someone wearing some of the stunning pearls I see here. I doubt I'd know how to form words.

Anyway, I wore my first tahitian strand today (still my favorite) from PP with my category killer tahitian pendant from Jacques at Pearl House. He used to be around the forum and have an etsy shop but I haven't seen anything from him in years. Hope he's doing OK! I treasure this pearl I got from him.

I am also anxiously awaiting my edison purchase from PP's live event a few weeks ago. Can't wait to share the finished ring, but here's the pearl I snagged.

Attachments

• 20240229_121212.jpg
    20240229_121212.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240125-114736_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125-114736_Facebook.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 42
Lary007. Wow, that pendant is amazing. And that Edison is, too. Which setting did you get? Love the ringed Tahitians in your necklace, too. Oh, I love it all.

I also felt like Tahitians today. Slight ombre' bubble necklace from Kojima. Opal and Tahitian drop earrings from Kojima. La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. I tend to gravitate towards the same colors in Tahitians, so these all match nicely.
IMG_2397.jpeg
IMG_2398.jpeg

You can see my camera in the reflection in the pearls. La Perlagrina has color bands of yellow, pink and blue over a body color of green.

IMG_2399.jpeg

One earring is green with a pink halo. The other earring is green with a band of pink running around the top half. Very subtle asymmetry.

IMG_2400.jpeg

@BWeaves - I got the pirouette ring setting for the edison. The pearl was too big for it though, so it had to be made a little larger.

Opals are my favorite gemstone - I adore those earrings. And the way la perlagrina looks inside that long strand of smooth tahitians is to die for.

Back