Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I have been feeling pretty ill past few weeks so I haven't worn much other then tee shirts and jogging pants. So the first day I felt well enough to wear pearls I wore my new Faux Harvest strand from pearls that i purchased from various places (Jac, PP, Ehret on Ebay, Pearl Society on Ebay other places) and I had PP (Worked with Chenai and Erin) to layout and construct it (its a necklace with detachable bracelet) and oh LAWD did it come out pretty.

Here is the glamour shot, and here it is on (I have the bracelet attached so I could wear it doubled). I absolutely adore it!

111myharveststrand.jpg

FullSizeRender-117.jpg

Ckrickett, that "harvest style" set came out just incredible ... and I love the keshi pearls studded throughout! Do hope you're feeling better and continue to improve; pearls are good medicine :)

Beautiful strand, ckrickett! Love the colours, luster, and shapes!

I love the "harvest" strands and yours is perfect. Thanks for treating us to the photo - it looks faboo! :)

ckrickett, your faux harvest strand is stunning! What a beautiful, personal piece.

Marie_A, love the size of those freshwater dangles!

i love that freshwater drop necklace bweaves, very cool! today i'm wearing one of my pp blue baroque akoya strands, blue akoya studs and an antique mikimoto brooch :)

I love this look, funky_pearl! The darker lavender grey shade of the studs is lovely.

Yeah, I gotta say, that teal green one really gets me...I was doing a bit of cleaning and found the lovely note Celeste wrote to me when I received them. Such a pleasure to do business with someone so sweet! I have to say, I drool over Kamoka pearls.

I work in a very multicultural office. My Indian co-workers are throwing a Diwali (Hindu Festival of Lights) luncheon and asked us all if we would like to wear saris. Oh, yes!

My uncle was stationed in India during World War II and brought back this silk sari for my aunt. The sari is 75 years old and this is its second wearing. My aunt wore it once back in 1944. I paired it with my double strand of 8mm Freshadamas from PP and some 22 K gold earrings and bangles from Saudi Arabia (my best friend was stationed there a number of years ago).

IMG_2290.jpg

I think I need a little more practice pleating the sari, but my co-workers will help me, I'm sure.

IMG_2287.jpg

I don't think I'm supposed to show so much ankle. I'm supposed to show more midriff, but my uncle never bought the choli (blouse) that goes with the sari, so I'm tucking a white T-shirt up under my bra.

All that silver and gold trim matches the silver and gold in my hair. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Gorgeous tin cup, JP! So nice to see it again.

Oh, you look lovely, BWeaves, definitely lots of gold there!

JP beautiful tin cup, you wear it well.
BWeaves what a fabulous outfit, must be lots of fun to have the opportunity to wear a sari, love the vibrant colours.

Back