Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I’ve missed a lot! I will need to take some time to look at all the beautiful pearls posted during the week, but I must comment on that adorable new kitten, moneymeister! How precious!!!

Wow, what a fun time I had playing in Tucson! I spent a free day playing with Sarah (Kojima) before the GJX opened. We went through some of the venues that were already open for sales- Pueblo, African Village, 22nd Street… We had a fantastic dinner with AzFlyGirl. She is a great cook!

I was lucky enough to spend the week hanging out with Fuji and Sarah in the Pacific Pearls/Kojima Pearls booth in the GJX. What a dream to play with pearls all week.
IMG_3682.jpeg
IMG_3684.jpeg
IMG_3687.jpeg

Last minute touch ups before the doors opened-

IMG_3671.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3674.jpeg

Dinner with some very special friends-
IMG_2080.jpeg
IMG_2090.jpeg

Kind of looks like a school lunch with plastic trays and paper plates, but the meal was delicious and the place was packed. We were lucky that Douglas was able to secure a private room for us.

Another dinner celebrating Fuji’s birthday. Darn- couldn’t get my camera out fast enough to snap the candle.

IMG_2089.jpeg

And of course, I added some wonderful treasures to my collection. The light was a bit dark today, but here’s a start…
A Japan Kasumi tin cup from Kojima, and a pair of baby Akoya hoops set in rose gold from Baggins. Worn with my Japan Kasumi strand that I‘ve had for a few years now. More to come-
IMG_3736.jpeg
IMG_3714.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg

I can't keep away from a regular look at everybody's marvellous treasures but it's been ages since I've actually logged in to comment.
What can I say? Such fantastic pearls and worn so beautifully, thank you as always for sharing.

View attachment 467871View attachment 467872
Kind of looks like a school lunch with plastic trays and paper plates, but the meal was delicious and the place was packed. We were lucky that Douglas was able to secure a private room for us.

Another dinner celebrating Fuji’s birthday. Darn- couldn’t get my camera out fast enough to snap the candle.

View attachment 467873

And of course, I added some wonderful treasures to my collection. The light was a bit dark today, but here’s a start…
A Japan Kasumi tin cup from Kojima, and a pair of baby Akoya hoops set in rose gold from Baggins. Worn with my Japan Kasumi strand that I‘ve had for a few years now. More to come-
View attachment 467877View attachment 467878View attachment 467879
Your new pearls are gorgeous jeg and I really envy you that you were able to be at the show and see all the lovelies!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Loads of catching up to do!!!! Love love LOVE all the amazing pearls here and won’t be able to compliment all of them but here I go....

@SurfnSci The SOC MABE NECKLACE!!!!! I am screaming!!!! How where when???? Such a treasure!!!! It is perfect!!!! Love love also how the silver compliments the mabes...This one is going onto my favorites board❤️ And well...your Collins pearls...I remember when Wendy got them...I kept checking her shop and looking at them...happy to see them on you! Theyare colorful little wonders!

@2thdktr I know you posted these a while back but I keep dreaming about this combination....The GSS and aquaprase tin cup from Sarah and the stunning GSS earings from PP...They take my breath away and I am normally( luckily for my wallet) not crazy about the goldens...

@CatMom Your blue akoyas and blue sapphires...Dreamy dreamy dreamy....

@jeg It makes me happy immagining you surrounded by all the gorgeous pearls and gems and lovely pearl friends! Such a wonderful trip!!! Love your Kasumi tin cup and so looking forward to seeing your new lovelies🤩

I have been falling deeper in love with my SSP from Kathleen lately...I just cant get over the luster and overtones so I keep finding ways to wear it, here it is with tiny multi colored akoyas...

62102653-15BF-451B-85E0-E4E8D549721A.jpeg
58861E54-E285-4344-AF45-A23E25E811BA.jpeg

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Loads of catching up to do!!!! Love love LOVE all the amazing pearls here and won’t be able to compliment all of them but here I go....

@SurfnSci The SOC MABE NECKLACE!!!!! I am screaming!!!! How where when???? Such a treasure!!!! It is perfect!!!! Love love also how the silver compliments the mabes...This one is going onto my favorites board❤️ And well...your Collins pearls...I remember when Wendy got them...I kept checking her shop and looking at them...happy to see them on you! Theyare colorful little wonders!

@2thdktr I know you posted these a while back but I keep dreaming about this combination....The GSS and aquaprase tin cup from Sarah and the stunning GSS earings from PP...They take my breath away and I am normally( luckily for my wallet) not crazy about the goldens...

@jeg It makes me happy immagining you surrounded by all the gorgeous pearls and gems and lovely pearl friends! Such a wonderful trip!!! Love your Kasumi tin cup and so looking forward to seeing your new lovelies🤩

I have been falling deeper in love with my SSP from Kathleen lately...I just cant get over the luster and overtones so I keep finding ways to wear it, here it is with tiny multi colored akoyas...

View attachment 467880View attachment 467881
Thank you eolian. That SSP is so gorgeous and is perfect on your tiny akoyas which I love by the way. I'm really finding that my heart flutters more with mixed strands.

View attachment 467871View attachment 467872

View attachment 467873

View attachment 467877View attachment 467878View attachment 467879

I've got one more to add ;)

Kojima Pearl Booth.jpg

That is one glowy SS, eolian! Beautiful!

Thanks for the pic, Jeremy!:cool:

Ooo, love the range of colors in your strand, CatMom! Looks so great with the burnt orange sweater!

I’m glad you stopped by Happy Huku, and thanks so much eolian and CatMom!

More additions from Tucson… I typically don’t make purchases that need to be set unless it’s something I can use for wire wrapping or stringing, but here are some pieces that will need to be set. I haven’t decided on a specific plan yet.

Sea of Cortez mabe. Possibly both incorporated into dangle earrings, or two separate earrings-
IMG_2116.jpeg

Colorful Tahitian pearls from Alex Collins that I might set into different pendants-
IMG_2112.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg
IMG_2113.jpeg

And I decided I needed the baby Akoya hoops from Baggins in both yellow gold and rose gold-
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg

I'm gone for ONE day, and you guys go crazy with pearls. I'm so jealous. I can't stop drooling over every photo. EVERYTHING is GORGEOUS!

I even missed the PP freshwater metallics live today. Oh, well. Just as well. I'm still trying to pick a thread color for the Edisons I bought last time. But I did rewatch the live show on Facebook. The metallics looked gorgeous. I would have been so tempted.

Last edited:
I'm gone for ONE day, and you guys go crazy with pearls. I'm so jealous. I can't stop drooling over every photo. EVERYTHING is GORGEOUS!

I even missed the PP freshwater metallics live today. Oh, well. Just as well. I'm still trying to pick a thread color for the Edisons I bought last time. But I did rewatch the live show on Facebook. The metallics looked gorgeous. I would have been so tempted.
We missed you today!

Ooo, love the range of colors in your strand, CatMom! Looks so great with the burnt orange sweater!

More additions from Tucson… I typically don’t make purchases that need to be set unless it’s something I can use for wire wrapping or stringing, but here are some pieces that will need to be set. I haven’t decided on a specific plan yet.

Sea of Cortez mabe. Possibly both incorporated into dangle earrings, or two separate earrings-
View attachment 467897

Colorful Tahitian pearls from Alex Collins that I might set into different pendants-
View attachment 467898View attachment 467899View attachment 467900

And I decided I needed the baby Akoya hoops from Baggins in both yellow gold and rose gold-
View attachment 467901View attachment 467902
Wow, from the top to the bottom! Those rose gold hoops ...

Jeg, oh, wow! I could move to Tucson just for these sunsets! Have a blast! I know you will!! Remembering my one and only amazing time 16yrs ago(?) meeting the awesome PG online gang in person, Jeremy, Caitlin, Blaire, Josh Humbert, Sarah Canizzaro and many others!
Pattye we missed you! Wish you could have joined us for the sunset and dinner!

View attachment 467897

View attachment 467898View attachment 467899View attachment 467900

View attachment 467901View attachment 467902
Those SOC Mabes are stunning jeg as are the Baggins earrings! I can't wait to see what you do with all of your new pearls.

So many gorgeous pearls, everyone!

Moneymeister, I'm so loving your goldens (especially those diamond earrings!) and your vintage akoyas, as well!

Jeg, love your new Kasumi tin cup and those lovely Baggins hoops!!! AND your new Collins T's :love:! Thank you for your "behind the scenes" (or perhaps "day in the life"?) pics, as well - that looked like such a fun time with amazing pearl-loving friends!

CatMom, your newly strung Edisons look amazing!!! Such color and luster!

Eolian, aww, thank you so much! I was really, really lucky to see that necklace a couple of years ago on their website. My husband knows he has to save it if there's ever an emergency at home :giggle:... Your WSS pendant is spectacular, wow! It is sooo lustrous...it looks lovely on the akoya chain.

Mini GSS (from JNB gems) that I wire wrapped, with repurposed studs (pair from Pearlescence).
20240208_144149.jpeg
20240208_145139.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 467880View attachment 467881
Thank you so much for your kind words eolian- and I love those tiny mixed akoyas!

I’ve missed a lot! I will need to take some time to look at all the beautiful pearls posted during the week, but I must comment on that adorable new kitten, moneymeister! How precious!!!

Wow, what a fun time I had playing in Tucson! I spent a free day playing with Sarah (Kojima) before the GJX opened. We went through some of the venues that were already open for sales- Pueblo, African Village, 22nd Street… We had a fantastic dinner with AzFlyGirl. She is a great cook!

I was lucky enough to spend the week hanging out with Fuji and Sarah in the Pacific Pearls/Kojima Pearls booth in the GJX. What a dream to play with pearls all week.
View attachment 467865View attachment 467866View attachment 467867

Last minute touch ups before the doors opened-

View attachment 467868View attachment 467869View attachment 467870
JEG: In the last photo there's a strand with large pearls which has a cup over it. Those pearls just glow. Do you remember what they were?

So many gorgeous pearls, everyone!

Moneymeister, I'm so loving your goldens (especially those diamond earrings!) and your vintage akoyas, as well!

Jeg, love your new Kasumi tin cup and those lovely Baggins hoops!!! AND your new Collins T's :love:! Thank you for your "behind the scenes" (or perhaps "day in the life"?) pics, as well - that looked like such a fun time with amazing pearl-loving friends!

CatMom, your newly strung Edisons look amazing!!! Such color and luster!

Eolian, aww, thank you so much! I was really, really lucky to see that necklace a couple of years ago on their website. My husband knows he has to save it if there's ever an emergency at home :giggle:... Your WSS pendant is spectacular, wow! It is sooo lustrous...it looks lovely on the akoya chain.

Mini GSS (from JNB gems) that I wire wrapped, with repurposed studs (pair from Pearlescence).
View attachment 467914 View attachment 467913
Absolutely elegant! I love the smaller baroque ss like this. Great look on you, too.

Back