Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

:cool: A couple more teasers… and a give away…
IMG_3618.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg
IMG_3623.jpeg
IMG_3643.jpeg

Did you guess??? We’re in Tucson all week for the gem show!

OOOOOOH! Those were giant geodes! I thought they were ice.

Kojima huge coin pearl and ruby ring. Mom's dragon torsade. 12 strands of Rice Krispie pearls. The clasp mechanism is actually BEHIND the dragon's head, and is not the ring in his mouth.

IMG_2239.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg
IMG_2238.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Pattye. Hisano is getting some thread from you for my Edison necklace. I was thinking Grape would look great with those purple pearls.
Excellent color choice, BWeaves! These purple pearls are so special! I'm excited for you to model them! It's always an absolute pleasure to supply thread for Hisano's projects!

And I grin when I see so many of you here wearing Kamoka strands I've knotted.

OOOOOOH! Those were giant geodes! I thought they were ice.

Kojima huge coin pearl and ruby ring. Mom's dragon torsade. 12 strands of Rice Krispie pearls. The clasp mechanism is actually BEHIND the dragon's head, and is not the ring in his mouth.

View attachment 467765View attachment 467767View attachment 467766View attachment 467764
And it IS the YEAR OF THE DRAGON starting February 11th! I learned from a Korean friend that many Asian families wait to have a child in a "Year of the Dragon" because children born in a "Dragon" year are supposed to be calm, smart, wise and successful with wealth. Interesting. Love the clasp and ring. I hope my daughters and granddaughters love my pearls like you are enjoying your treasures from them.

Jeg, oh, wow! I could move to Tucson just for these sunsets! Have a blast! I know you will!! Remembering my one and only amazing time 16yrs ago(?) meeting the awesome PG online gang in person, Jeremy, Caitlin, Blaire, Josh Humbert, Sarah Canizzaro and many others!
Hisano and I are leaving for Tucson tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing you Jeg!

Another day lounging at home. I'm warping up my loom today.
I haven't tried this combo of pearls before. The tan shirt washes out the pearls. I should have picked a different color.

All Kojima. Freshwater tin-cup with Spring Petals pendant (large freshwater, pink ripple). Large feather pearl pendant. Sarah made the earrings for me to match the necklace, using my favorite horseshoe earring finding.
IMG_2244.jpeg
IMG_2248.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg

Another day lounging at home. I'm warping up my loom today.
I haven't tried this combo of pearls before. The tan shirt washes out the pearls. I should have picked a different color.

All Kojima. Freshwater tin-cup with Spring Petals pendant (large freshwater, pink ripple). Large feather pearl pendant. Sarah made the earrings for me to match the necklace, using my favorite horseshoe earring finding.
View attachment 467796View attachment 467795View attachment 467794View attachment 467793
Such pretty colors!

Thank you, CatMom, 86C, BWeaves and Jeg!

BWeaves, so many beautiful pearls, wow! Such pretty colors in your tincup today...Your dragon torsade is especially gorgeous and I'm obsessed with the clasp!

Happy weekend, all!

Thank you for your kind words, Jeg, Pearl Dreams, BWeaves and CatMom!

BWeaves, love your Kojima look yesterday and that clasp! CatMom, those are gorgeous Ts, and I agree with BWeaves that the clasps are especially lovely. Gosh, I need to step up my clasp game. Pearl Dreams, wow, impressive eye - The strand is 20 inches, but I wore a ~3 inch chain extender (not pictured) so just about 24 in!

Cortez mabe necklace today. I wear it frequently, but it never seems to photograph very accurately. Today the light cooperated a bit!
View attachment 467753 View attachment 467754 View attachment 467755
My babies! Soo good to see them in loving company!

Back