Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh wow those Akoya Sarah made are gorgeous! A perfect double strand - not easy to get the length exactly right - they look absolutely right ! And that clasp ! Holy moly !! Stunning 😍
Thanks @Katbran. Sarah combined two of my all-time favorite pearls into a gorgeous double-strand. As far as I know I haven't seen anything like it 'yet'...Sarah is very talented. You go girl! ( @JerseyPearl! )

I'm playing catch-up with my Hong Kong purchases. I got these gorgeous dangle earrings. I just can't say enough about how much I LOVE these!! Been looking for LARGE Goldens since I had to return my Pearls of Joy purchase and so glad I waited, these are perfect! 13.1mm drops w pink halo with a little bit of green. Almost 2 carats of diamonds and about 1.75" long...perfection all around. I love how they swing around as I walk. Totally in Heaven with these!
I wanted to see how well they would pair with my golden strand and I think this is a great match..What do you all think?

I wanted to see how well they would pair with my golden strand and I think this is a great match..What do you all think?

Here is the last of the South Sea Pearls from my Hong Kong purchases: 16.1 mm Golden South Sea Drop Pearl & Diamond Pendant. This is the biggest pearl I have and it is STUNNING! Green, blue, and pink luster with an oil slick/ombre/rainbow effect. It's so smooth and lustrous, it almost looks like a mirror. I like that it doesn't have a lot of diamonds (the diamonds go half way around which lets me wear it with the diamonds showing, or just a smooth design). I think this design is beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. Initially, I was really wanting to get the larger version of BWeaves' necklace, but it had sold so I 'settled' for this one...however, once I saw it there was no such thing as 'settling'. This baby is GORGEOUS! The chain is somewhat different, it looks like little beads and compliments the pearl perfectly. I think I may want to get a longer chain in the future and wear this pearl a bit longer (maybe 24-26"?). This one is a great match to the earrings as well so I really did well in selecting my pieces. BTW @BWeaves, your chain matches my earrings perfectly, LOL...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Here is the last of the South Sea Pearls from my Hong Kong purchases: 16.1 mm Golden South Sea Drop Pearl & Diamond Pendant. This is the biggest pearl I have and it is STUNNING! Green, blue, and pink luster with an oil slick/ombre/rainbow effect. It's so smooth and lustrous, it almost looks like a mirror. I like that it doesn't have a lot of diamonds (the diamonds go half way around which lets me wear it with the diamonds showing, or just a smooth design). I think this design is beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. Initially, I was really wanting to get the larger version of BWeaves' necklace, but it had sold so I 'settled' for this one...however, once I saw it there was no such thing as 'settling'. This baby is GORGEOUS! The chain is somewhat different, it looks like little beads and compliments the pearl perfectly. I think I may want to get a longer chain in the future and wear this pearl a bit longer (maybe 24-26"?). This one is a great match to the earrings as well so I really did well in selecting my pieces. BTW @BWeaves, your chain matches my earrings perfectly, LOL...
Wow, it's fabulous and another perfect match to those gorgeous earrings! I really like the chain and think it compliments it nicely but I understand if you want a longer one.

Wow, it's fabulous and another perfect match to those gorgeous earrings! I really like the chain and think it compliments it nicely but I understand if you want a longer one.
Thanks @CatMom . This chain is 15" to 18" and it's at its longest in the picture and I've also worn it at the 15" like a choker...love this short length but just for fun I think one of these days might play with a longer chain..definitely not a priority. I love what I have!

@heartofawareness Your new goldens are absolutely delicious! To have the discerning eyes of Hisano and Jeremy selecting your pearls is a real treat!
The Sea of Cortez works so well with those blue baroque akoyas; your vision to combine those two varieties was truly inspired. As you know, I really love making clasps for pearls (or beads or chains), and I so appreciate the kind words.

heartofawareness: WOWZA. Those SS earrings are GORGEOUS. So are the 2 undrilled pearls. Maybe you should get one of those gold mesh net bags / pendants, so you don't have to drill them right away, but you could still wear them.

heartofawareness: WOWZA. Those SS earrings are GORGEOUS. If you ever tire of them, they do match my SS pendant chain. Just let me know. wink wink. Enjoy them!!!!

That pendant is huge and gorgeous. I think the chain is the right length though. Any longer and it might bang into things if you sit down at a desk or table and move your chair in. I like where it's landing on your chest, if you know what I mean.

The 2 undrilled SS pearls are also gorgeous. Maybe you should get one of those gold mesh net bags / pendants, so you don't have to drill them right away, but you could still wear them?

heartofawareness: WOWZA. Those SS earrings are GORGEOUS. So are the 2 undrilled pearls. Maybe you should get one of those gold mesh net bags / pendants, so you don't have to drill them right away, but you could still wear them.
That is what I was thinking BWeaves. I love the look of the mesh necklace and it would be a shame to drill such a beauty/beauties!

heartofawareness: WOWZA. Those SS earrings are GORGEOUS. If you ever tire of them, they do match my SS pendant chain. Just let me know. wink wink. Enjoy them!!!!

That pendant is huge and gorgeous. I think the chain is the right length though. Any longer and it might bang into things if you sit down at a desk or table and move your chair in. I like where it's landing on your chest, if you know what I mean.

The 2 undrilled SS pearls are also gorgeous. Maybe you should get one of those gold mesh net bags / pendants, so you don't have to drill them right away, but you could still wear them?
BWeaves...you have a point!! I definitely don't want to damage the pearl by banging it into anything. I can see that happening with a longer chain. (Maybe I don't need a longer chain after all). Thanks for the great suggestion. I love how we help each other in this forum with ideas and solutions!

What beautiful new additions to your collection, heartofawareness! All your choices intermingle so nicely with each other and with what you already have! Wonderful!

What beautiful new additions to your collection, heartofawareness! All your choices intermingle so nicely with each other and with what you already have! Wonderful!
Thanks Jeg. I'm thrilled with my new additions, as well as everything in my collection. It's fun to show everything here too. I've learned a lot too.

@heartofawareness Your new goldens are absolutely delicious! To have the discerning eyes of Hisano and Jeremy selecting your pearls is a real treat!
The Sea of Cortez works so well with those blue baroque akoyas; your vision to combine those two varieties was truly inspired. As you know, I really love making clasps for pearls (or beads or chains), and I so appreciate the kind words.
You're right @JerseyPearl, every day Jeremy and Hisano would pick out the best pearls and finished jewelry to show us during the Hong Kong Live and it was so much fun and so well organized.

Back