Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I think we all need to see a close up of your new Octo pendant. The enhancer pendant and ring are gorgeous, too.
Here ya go....
20231001_150908.jpg

It rained all day yesterday so I stayed in my PJs, but wore pearls. Baroque akoya necklace and Hanadama earrings from PP. The necklace is pinker than I like, which makes it hard to layer with my other akoyas. But it looks great on. And despite being "baroque" they are an amazing match to my Hanadama studs. They actually look better than my Hanadama studs. I think the baroques have much thicker nacre than the studs do.

Today it's Tahitians and opals from Kojima. The earrings were accidentally a good match to the necklace. I think I'm just drawn to certain colors of Tahitians.
IMG_1742.jpeg
IMG_1748.jpeg

It's hard to capture the color play of the opals. I love this horseshoe finding on the earrings. It covers the droop of my hole nicely.

IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me what kind of pearls I have. I have no idea. Some are close up but they are the same pearls as the 45 separate pearls in the photos. I'm 90% sure they are fresh water but would love some information anything will be greatly appreciate. Ty
They look like Chinese freshwater potato shaped pearls to me, too. Restring them and enjoy them.

I just received my PP Tiny FFWs and I must say I love them! They are incredibly nice for such a small size. I'm so glad they finally have tiny sizes as I've been wanting some small ones to use as a chain. These are the 2.5-3.0 AAA ones in the 16" to 18" size. I see a lot of layering in my future.

1696268085257.jpeg

1696268121271.jpeg

OOO, thanks for showing the tiny freshies. I've been eyeing those for using as a chain, too. Does the clasp go easily through those larger bails?

OOO, thanks for showing the tiny freshies. I've been eyeing those for using as a chain, too. Does the clasp go easily through those larger bails?
I had no issues getting it through my pink sapphire pendant. Love your opal and Tahitian earrings by the way. Two of my most favorite gems, opals and pearls!

1696273710222.jpeg

Love all the pearls you’ve posted, BWeaves and 86C! And the cool nails! SurfnSci :love: ooo, gorgeous strand of Kasumi! Welcome to the forum, Hotangler and Scully! CatMom, so many possibilities with your new tiny strand! It looks fantastic with your pendant!

I have some tiny baroque Tahitians from Alex Collins and I’ve been trying to decide how I want to use them. I thought about mixing them into projects, but the tinies are so unique, I like keeping them together. I still have more to use, but I decided to start with a couple bracelets. Two bracelets of 6mm tiny Tahitians from Collins Pearls. Worn with two bracelets of roundish tiny T’s that I made a while back, also with pearls from Alex.
IMG_1629.jpeg
IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1631.jpeg

Love all the pearls you’ve posted, BWeaves and 86C! And the cool nails! SurfnSci :love: ooo, gorgeous strand of Kasumi! Welcome to the forum, Hotangler and Scully! CatMom, so many possibilities with your new tiny strand! It looks fantastic with your pendant!

I have some tiny baroque Tahitians from Alex Collins and I’ve been trying to decide how I want to use them. I thought about mixing them into projects, but the tinies are so unique, I like keeping them together. I still have more to use, but I decided to start with a couple bracelets. Two bracelets of 6mm tiny Tahitians from Collins Pearls. Worn with two bracelets of roundish tiny T’s that I made a while back, also with pearls from Alex.
View attachment 466497View attachment 466498View attachment 466496
Love your tinies, Jeg. They're so colorful & lustrous! I'd wear those bracelets stacked, too!

My faux million dollar South Sea pearls. The strand are baroque Chinese freshwater pearls from Kojima. They do not look like SS pearls unless you compare them to those million dollar strands. The luster on mine is off the charts. The largest pearls are 14 mm. They have a mirror like, slightly pinkish greenish luster. They look like giant akoya pearls, because they have that kind of luster. The necklace is 21 inches long. The earrings are freshwater metallic drops from Pearls of Joy worn on my Mom's diamond hoops.

IMG_1753.jpeg

The camera and the lighting isn't showing the luster, but you get the idea.

IMG_1756.jpeg

View attachment 466497View attachment 466498View attachment 466496
Oooo I love your tiny Tahitians jeg! They look great stacked like that.

Thanks so much, 86C and CatMom! They are such fun little pearls to wear.
BWeaves, I love the baroque shapes you’re wearing. So pretty!

Wearing some rare Akoya from Takahashi- a pair of 9.5-10mm studs, and tin cups I wire wrapped with rare colors.
IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_8648.jpeg

Back