Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves, such pretty drop play ... all lovely, my favorite is the diamond stud with the long Kojima drop :).

Purranha, your long necklaces with mixed metals are wonderful ... brilliant idea with the bracelets!,,

I really need a white gold and sparkle option for the drops, so I was pleased that the Kojima teardrop worked so well with the diamond pave' studs. The pearl drop doesn't have the swing that that the drops have when they're on hoops, but that's OK. I've been playing with all my various studs using the drops as earring jackets, and they work very well.

Today I'm wearing the Kojima blue grey drops on my long oval diamond hoops, and my Vietnamese akoya necklace.

IMG_2236.jpg

I wasn't sure if I'd like the drops on the long oval hoop, but I really do. They are very comfortable.

IMG_2237.jpg

The blue grey drops almost feel upside down to me, but I really like them.

P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.

Last edited:
Too funny BWeaves! LOVE the blues combination ... YES to those Kojima drops on the oval hoops!

P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.

BWeaves, you gave me the first chuckle of the morning! Love your pearl choices and fun to see all the ways you incorporate the drops. You've inspired me to take some time to play in my pearls today!

mix pearls and blue tourmaline beads

Jacques' blue mix pearls and blue tourmaline beads. The beads' drill holes are so small and I had to leave out about 2 inches in total.

I am really loving the big pearl and gemstone roundel necklaces that you all are making. They are gorgeous.

Love that Kelluvpearls!! I adore Jacs Blues! I will hopefully be using them for my next tahitian project!

all these gemstone tahitian necklaces make me want one now too!

Kelluvpearls, that is stunning! Love those colours and shades. Neck shots, please!

Thank you everyone for your kind words on my first posting on this thread!!! :eek:

kelluvpearls OMG indicolite!!! one of the rarest of the tourmalines! and goes so beautifully with the blue tahitians! GORGEOUS! Haha and I totally feel your pain on the small drill holes and losing a few inches.

Red LOVED your tahitian tourmaline strand - along with the Gellner collections inspired my layered tahitian strands! Thank you!

BWeaves - my strands from outside inward. 1) labradorite with little gold bracelets from when I was young. I can still disassemble them into individual bracelets! 2) labradorite with tahitians. 3) multi color sapphire graduated into black spinel (cuz I didn't have enough sapphires thank goodness the color worked out lol) spaced with tourmaline rubellite nuggets with tahitians. 4) pink rhodolite garnet with 1 single SoC pearl. I had a lot of fun making this set, thanks for asking! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been neglecting my 8-9mm Exotic FWP from 2008 (which I restrung last year with Baby Pink Pattye's Serafil thread) and lavender metallic studs.
They seemed like just the thing for this unseasonably chilly October afternoon.
This strand is one of my husband's favorites.

8-9mm Exotic FWP from 2008
 lavender metallic studs

Last edited:
Yeah, Baby! Applause, applause, applause, gorgeous!
(thanks for including the mm)

Purranha -- simply stunning! Neck shots, please!

Pearl Dreams -- just lovely! I can see why it's one of your husband's favorites!

Today I wore a new-to-me strand of circled baroque silver Tahitians I purchased from pkinnew. They were originally from Pearl Paradise, and were chosen by our own newberry. Earrings are Sea of Cortez baroques from Agustus that I wired up myself and hung from 14kt yellow gold hoops. These pearls are on the short list for a future upgrade by a real jeweler.

Today_1200.jpg

As for my new Tahitian and tourmaline rope, I put the rondelles on a temp wire of 7 Strand Beadalon in Satin Silver Size XS (.012" or 0.30 mm), which is colored nylon coated stainless steel. I was checking out the composition before taking it in for professional stringing. When I arrived at the jeweler, they said it looked fine, and only charged me to attach the clasp.

Last edited:
Back