Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you @jeg, @lary007, @CatMom and @heartofawareness for your kind comments! I do love those blue Takahashis and funny that you mention the T drop drilling jeg, I initially bought the two drops from CMW for another project - they were supposed to go on a leather cord but didn’t look as I immagined so at the end I put them on chain and they are great layering pieces now.

@lary007 Oh I am very happy to have made you happy with my comment! I have great appreciation for beautiful pearls on this site and am thankful for everyone that posts. I am especially excited to see some of my favorite pieces again living their best life ;-) I am also very excited for any new pearl projects and yay for you taking the plunge with Takahashi! You will be overjoyed I am sure! And they are so nice to work with! I can’t wait to see what you got!

@heartofawareness Well...your new pastel rope...I was immediately reminded of Tilda Swinton’s T rope in “i am love”... enough said ;-) not enough...it looks AMAZING and I love the size on these...No way to return these! That is not a pearl addict speaking but objective reasoning ;-)

@BWeaves Lovely lovely blues💙

@jeg Spice Kojima necklace and your shell earrings together! Perfection!

Today I took out my akoya keshis again with the Tdrop from CMW.
A4CBEB43-26FF-4696-9A19-1CD7758C4AB9.jpeg
7B07DD1E-CA45-497D-BE56-19FC02248B15.jpeg

Oh yes, those are gorgeous @heartofawareness. They definitely do look more pastel next to the shorter strand.

I think we need comparison shots of these next to some darker tahitians to reeeeally know 🤭🤭

If you've posted a comparison before I don't think anyone would mind another! I haven't seen it before anyway.

Thank you @jeg, @lary007, @CatMom and @heartofawareness for your kind comments! I do love those blue Takahashis and funny that you mention the T drop drilling jeg, I initially bought the two drops from CMW for another project - they were supposed to go on a leather cord but didn’t look as I immagined so at the end I put them on chain and they are great layering pieces now.

@lary007 Oh I am very happy to have made you happy with my comment! I have great appreciation for beautiful pearls on this site and am thankful for everyone that posts. I am especially excited to see some of my favorite pieces again living their best life ;-) I am also very excited for any new pearl projects and yay for you taking the plunge with Takahashi! You will be overjoyed I am sure! And they are so nice to work with! I can’t wait to see what you got!

@heartofawareness Well...your new pastel rope...I was immediately reminded of Tilda Swinton’s T rope in “i am love”... enough said ;-) not enough...it looks AMAZING and I love the size on these...No way to return these! That is not a pearl addict speaking but objective reasoning ;-)

Today I took out my akoya keshis again with the Tdrop from CMW.View attachment 465448View attachment 465447
Thank you Eolean! Love your keshi strand and that drop is gorgeous! You always wear all of your pearls so well..they also POP with your tan and gives it that beach vibe!

Oh yes, those are gorgeous @heartofawareness. They definitely do look more pastel next to the shorter strand.

I think we need comparison shots of these next to some darker tahitians to reeeeally know 🤭🤭

If you've posted a comparison before I don't think anyone would mind another! I haven't seen it before anyway.
Hi Lary,
No, I've not posted a comparison on these...would be interesting to see what comes of this though, I can say that they are unique enough to not be similar to the other Ts I have but will post for fun...might be surprised at the results, LOL! Thanks for the idea!

So hot here. Here's a strand of reborn pearls with matching earrings. I think I bought these from a little shop in Mt. Dora, FL that's not there anymore. You can really see the shape of the pearl sac in these pearls. The hump in the middle were the bead nuclei was in the previous cultured pearl. These are gorgeous in person, and nearly impossible to photograph. They look blah in photos for some reason. Both the necklace and earrings are super lightweight and comfortable to wear.

IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1527.jpeg

So hot here. Here's a strand of reborn pearls with matching earrings. I think I bought these from a little shop in Mt. Dora, FL that's not there anymore. You can really see the shape of the pearl sac in these pearls. The hump in the middle were the bead nuclei was in the previous cultured pearl. These are gorgeous in person, and nearly impossible to photograph. They look blah in photos for some reason. Both the necklace and earrings are super lightweight and comfortable to wear.

View attachment 465457View attachment 465456
Wow @BWeaves This is so pretty and unique. They look beautiful one can only wonder how much nicer they are in person. You look great in them!

If you've posted a comparison before I don't think anyone would mind another! I haven't seen it before any

Hello Everyone! This sure has been a learning experience. How wonderful!

I did a comparison between all of my Tahitians and learned #1 - I have a LOT of Tahitians 🤣 and even I might think they are similar there differences between them and they are not as similar as I thought. I have a few pictures. I didn't label the pictures but I will list which strand is which here from Top to bottom (I tried to move them around see if changing the angle changed the look, not sure if it made a difference):

1. Pure Pearls Pastel Rope (the one in question) (round)
2. Cees Multicolor strand (oval)
3. Kamoka Aubergine strand (round)
4. Druzy Rikitea Gambier Metallic Black Peacock Strand (baroque)
5. PP Graduated Multicolor strand from Hisano's PopUp #19 (baroque)
6. PP Tiny T strand from Hisano's PopUp #12 (baroque)
7. Kojima Tiny T Rope (baroque)

Verdict: This pastel is definitely pastel, it just has a darker body color, which causes the colors to look darker. What I had previously seen that I fell in love with was a SILVERY PASTEL...which is a totally different animal 😂 I love the strand that I just bought (and I agree with you Eolean, it looks like the strand from the Movie and it is really GORGEOUS). I love the length and how it swings around when I walk..It's fun and it's round (which I only have two round T necklaces the rest are baroque). This means that I still have an open item on my wishlist for a silvery pastel T...probably will have to wait a while which will give me some time to enjoy the rainbow of T's that I have (plus all of my other beauties).

Thanks for suggesting the comparison @lary007 ...definitely learned a lot. Your comments are definitely welcome. I have realized that with each of your posts and comments I have learned so much in the short time I have been here.. Thanks to each of you for that...

Attachments

• 20230729_094344.jpg
    20230729_094344.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230729_094753.jpg
    20230729_094753.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230729_094825.jpg
    20230729_094825.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230729_125815.jpg
    20230729_125815.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 56
Today, I'm wearing my 36" Opera strand of pastel tahitians from Pure Pearls (first purchase there). They are very lustrious and very stunning 10-12.6 (though when doubled the largest pearls end up in the back by the clasp). I was expecting a more pastel assortment, they are darker than I would have liked but I do love them enough that I would not want to send them back 🤣 (I must have graduated to official pearl addict 🤣) Anyhow, they are still pastel and lighter than the graduated pearls I got from Hisano's pop up event (3rd picture). What do you all think of these 'pastels'?
A strand of pastel Tahitians is on my want list. Yours are beautiful heartofawareness!

Today I took out my akoya keshis again with the Tdrop from CMW.View attachment 465448View attachment 465447
Beautiful combination eolian pearls and they are perfect with your top!

View attachment 465457View attachment 465456
I love this BWeaves. So pretty and perfect for when it's hot.

A strand of pastel Tahitians is on my want list. Yours are beautiful heartofawareness!

Beautiful combination eolian pearls and they are perfect with your top!

Thank you. I agree with you Catmom...these are just stunning. I guess I was doubting because I had 'silvery pastel' on the brain, but these are darker and more complex and just so gorgeous!!

I found 2 graduated strands of Akoya pearls in these two colors and I snatched them up. They are vintage but the colors are so unusual. Not sure if I should mix them up and make a longer tin-cup necklace OR just restring them as is. Your thoughts? I've already removed the old thread/silk and cleaned them. They are ready for restringing.View attachment 465135View attachment 465136
I love showing people who don't know much about pearls all the different shades, types, sizes and stringing techniques for pearls. So, I decided to string 3 almost identical size graduated Akoya strands together. I had to order 2" of additional Blue Akoya (I couldn't find enough of the silver, and the white just had to go in the middle) in order to make the sizing fit. On the photo the larger pearls don't line up, when when it is worn, they line up perfectly with just a tiny bit of space between the largest pearls. You can see at the clasp I had to add 2 white pearls on the silver strand to get the strands to lay properly. I also used some silicone separators on the first few pearls by the clasp. Clasp is a 14K Yellow Gold 3-strand from my Rhode Island warehouse supplier. 14K heavy gold beads and crimp beads. It lays beautifully and is so unusual with the 3 colors next to each other. The original sorters of these pearls worked so very hard putting these graduated strands together, I just couldn't break them up into anything else.
IMG_2423 2.JPG
IMG_2425 2.JPG

I love showing people who don't know much about pearls all the different shades, types, sizes and stringing techniques for pearls. So, I decided to string 3 almost identical size graduated Akoya strands together. I had to order 2" of additional Blue Akoya (I couldn't find enough of the silver, and the white just had to go in the middle) in order to make the sizing fit. On the photo the larger pearls don't line up, when when it is worn, they line up perfectly with just a tiny bit of space between the largest pearls. You can see at the clasp I had to add 2 white pearls on the silver strand to get the strands to lay properly. I also used some silicone separators on the first few pearls by the clasp. Clasp is a 14K Yellow Gold 3-strand from my Rhode Island warehouse supplier. 14K heavy gold beads and crimp beads. It lays beautifully and is so unusual with the 3 colors next to each other. The original sorters of these pearls worked so very hard putting these graduated strands together, I just couldn't break them up into anything else.
View attachment 465472View attachment 465471
This is divine! I love the subtle but distinct difference in color between each strand

Love it! You've given these individual strands a breath of new life. They're stunning. would love to see it on you some time!! I bet it looks gorgeous on!!

Gorgeous!

Great way to start my Sunday morning: Coffee and lovely pearls!
Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

Going to visit my Dad today. Layering up the pearls. All Kojima.

Everything Bagel rope. I called it this because it has a bit of everything. Little baroque blue and green akoyas, golden and white South Sea pearls. Smooth, purple and pink Kasumi pearls, Tahitian keshi from Kamoka.

Mixed tin-cup. This has little blue baroque akoya keshi, gold and white South Sea pearls, and freshwater rounds.

Summer Rain pendant again.

Dyed blue drops on my own diamond hoops.

Horrible photos. Terrible lighting today. All the little blue pearls don't look blue, but they are intensely blue.

IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1530.jpeg

Last edited:
Back