Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Today is a very simple day, though I LOVE what I'm wearing: Tiny (7.9mm) Golden SSP tin cup with pink tourmaline in Rose Gold from Sarah at Ocean's Cove (@JerseyPearl) and 10mm GSS studs from PP. Love this tin cup...and those tiny goldens are just to die for...exquisite!
This tin cup was featured in a CPAA photo shoot. I love seeing it "in the wild" Those tiny golden south sea pearls were a very rare find, I wish I could find more in that depth of color, but they have been elusive.

My action shots are not nearly as good as jeg's but I had to show the strand I got from Hisano's sale. Hisano also picked some silver keshis to go with the strand.

The pearls are little (7.2-7.9 I think). The visual interest is big. The little knobby ones, the two-toned pearls, and the array of colors that of course don't translate in pictures make this a unique addition to my collection. It's multicolor, but still neutral. In short, I love it!View attachment 465163View attachment 465161View attachment 465162
Gorgeous strand of Tahitians! Each pearl is so unique and organic, and yet the strand is so cohesive!

Thanks so much, CatMom and heartofawareness!! Heartofawareness, more gorgeous beautiful pearls for you! Perfect for layering or on their own. Just lovely!

And another pic of the large baroque Akoya strand from Takahashi, worn with a tin cup I made with unusual natural colors of baroque Akoya also from Takahashi, and freshwater flower earrings.
View attachment 465139View attachment 465140
I always love seeing your strands of silver & blue!

I’d always been drawn to warmer tones, but after seeing the different pieces of your collections, it makes me want some silvery-blue pieces of my own!

I'm going to segway into the PP Vault Sale and this insanely gorgeous 11.0 - 14.5 mm White Edison Pearl necklace... (yes, I did). This is absolutely STUNNING! It's 17.5 inches but fits more like a 16".

The description from PP:

"Round, large and lustrous, this is a statement strand of pearls. Think Wilma Flintstone! It's one of the finest strands of Edison pearls we've ever offered, and there is only one strand available.

Available only in the past few years, Edison pearls represent a recent innovation in the freshwater pearl category. Instead of growing these pearls with a tissue-graft like all other freshwater pearls, an implant is used. This is the method used to grow the world's rarest saltwater pearls. The results are simply amazing. The pearls look very similar to the Australian South Sea - the most expensive pearls in the world."​

I never thought I could pull off pearls of this size but that notion has been thrown out the window. They look great with a T-Shirt and leggings! Wearing them with a pair of 10mm studs. I've also taken a picture next to a 10mm strand for comparison...

View attachment 465121View attachment 465122View attachment 465123
Those white Edisons are so lovely!

Good morning from the Philippines!

This is actually my very first strand of pearls i got way back in 2020. A 42 inch strand of ringed chinese FWP, and the pearls range from 10-15mm

You cant tell from the fluorescent office lighting, but they have a nice luster on them, and i love how the large organic pearls pair with a basic white t shirt and jeans
42 inch strand of ringed chinese FWP, 10-15mm

42 inch strand of ringed chinese FWP, 10-15mm

This is actually my very first strand of pearls i got way back in 2020. A 42 inch strand of ringed chinese FWP, and the pearls range from 10-15mm

You cant tell from the fluorescent office lighting, but they have a nice luster on them, and i love how the large organic pearls pair with a basic white t shirt and jeans
View attachment 465177
You wear your pearls well @StevieBoy . I totally agree with you. Pearls look great with just about anything...even a T-shirt and Jeans!

MOPTrumpet, really, the only opinion that matters is yours’. Would you like it, and would you wear it? I do not own any multi-strand necklaces, as I tend to create any layers with individual pieces. You, on the other hand, have several and wear them well. So, it’s more a matter of your preference and style. Plus, if you don’t like the combination, you can always take it apart.:giggle:

Thanks so much, CatMom, heartofawareness, and lary007! It does look bigger in pics. I took a comparison pic for you next to one of the Fiji bracelets. The pearls on that bracelet, I think, are around 9-11mm. The tiny Tahitian bracelets are 6-7mm.
View attachment 465169
Oh all three are just gorgeous!

Today is a very simple day, though I LOVE what I'm wearing: Tiny (7.9mm) Golden SSP tin cup with pink tourmaline in Rose Gold from Sarah at Ocean's Cove (@JerseyPearl) and 10mm GSS studs from PP. Love this tin cup...and those tiny goldens are just to die for...exquisite!
Gorgeous GSSs and I really like them paired with the tourmalines.

View attachment 465177

View attachment 465178
Lovely pearls and perfect with a white T-shirt.

Thanks so much, Douglas, heartofawareness, StevieBoy and CatMom! Heartofawareness, that is one beautiful combination! Those unusually tiny goldens are soooo fantastic. StevieBoy, you are always looking so stylish in your pearls old and new! Ooo, Marlakins, I don’t think I saw that gorgeous necklace or it might be around my neck right now. I love that delicate combination of colors and jewels. Beautiful layers of Akoya, BWeaves! They combine so nicely in color and length.

Wearing two strands of Japan Kasumi keshi, and seashell earrings from Kojima. I sent Sarah two juvenile conch shells I found in Sanibel and asked if she could make earrings for me with pink keshi. I love them, of course!
IMG_1272.jpeg
IMG_5599.jpeg

I've been wearing pearls, but the lighting has been terrible lately.

Yesterday. All baroque akoyas from PP and Pearls of Joy. With black and white studs from Kamoka (actually light blue and dark eggplant).

View attachment 465180
Those layer fabulously BWeaves!

Thanks so much, Douglas, heartofawareness, StevieBoy and CatMom! Heartofawareness, that is one beautiful combination! Those unusually tiny goldens are soooo fantastic. StevieBoy, you are always looking so stylish in your pearls old and new! Ooo, Marlakins, I don’t think I saw that gorgeous necklace or it might be around my neck right now. I love that delicate combination of colors and jewels. Beautiful layers of Akoya, BWeaves! They combine so nicely in color and length.

Wearing two strands of Japan Kasumi keshi, and seashell earrings from Kojima. I sent Sarah two juvenile conch shells I found in Sanibel and asked if she could make earrings for me with pink keshi. I love them, of course!
View attachment 465181View attachment 465182
Those are perfect together jeg and perfect with your dress!

@jeg you have some really spectacular pearls (even the ones that seem simple look magnificent) and combinations of pearls. Love how they look with your dress...

I've been wearing pearls, but the lighting has been terrible lately.

Yesterday. All baroque akoyas from PP and Pearls of Joy. With black and white studs from Kamoka (actually light blue and dark eggplant).

View attachment 465180
@BWeaves the lighting may be 'bad' but all of your pearls look fab on you...Love your layered look has you 'covered' in pearls 🥰 🥰

Love these natural pearly mauves!

I love everyones pearls.

It's impossible to photograph pearls on my navy blue T shirt. They look great, but the camera doesn't like the contrast. These are my other Kamoka black and white studs (actually lavender and peacock), worn with La Petite Perlagrina. All 3 pearls have more a more purple glow than the photo shows.

IMG_1480.jpeg

I love everyones pearls.

It's impossible to photograph pearls on my navy blue T shirt. They look great, but the camera doesn't like the contrast. These are my other Kamoka black and white studs (actually lavender and peacock), worn with La Petite Perlagrina. All 3 pearls have more a more purple glow than the photo shows.

View attachment 465207
The colors and luster are so gorgeous!

Back