Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

You made me think of something @CatMom I have more Tahitians than any other type of pearls too (and it's not that I don't love my other pearly beauties)... it's probably because they are the ones that have the most variety in color and shape. I can't help but want more Tahitians (as crazy as that sounds)...they are just so stunning with all their different body colors and overtones...one couldn't possible own all of the different variations... 🥰
That's exactly how I feel. I love the other ones too, but there is just something about the Tahitians that grab me every time.

Thanks so much, heartofawareness, lary007, and eolian! Eolian, your new lariat looks so summery and pretty! But it will also look equally pretty and icy in the winter! Isn’t it the best when you can create a whole different piece from your extra pearls?!

A Tahitian pendant and tin cup from Kojima, worn with Tahitian studs from Hawaii.
View attachment 465146View attachment 465147

Love the tin-cup and the pendant and the earrings.

Love the dress. Where do you find these amazing clothes?

My action shots are not nearly as good as jeg's but I had to show the strand I got from Hisano's sale. Hisano also picked some silver keshis to go with the strand.

The pearls are little (7.2-7.9 I think). The visual interest is big. The little knobby ones, the two-toned pearls, and the array of colors that of course don't translate in pictures make this a unique addition to my collection. It's multicolor, but still neutral. In short, I love it!
20230710_120111.jpg
20230710_135223.jpg
20230710_145118.jpg

Last edited:
My action shots are not nearly as good as jeg's but I had to show the strand I got from Hisano's sale. Hisano also picked some silver keshis to go with the strand.

The pearls are little (7.2-7.9 I think). The visual interest is big. The little knobby ones, the two-toned pearls, and the array of colors that of course don't translate in pictures make this a unique addition to my collection. It's multicolor, but still neutral. In short, I love it!
@lary007 I think your pictures turned out great. The strand looks great on you. I'm sure those golden pearls look amazing..there's just a hint of them in the picture. Lots of character in your strand and don't you just love those bi-colored pearls. Gorgeous!!...and I totally missed that you got some gorgeous coordinating earrings to go with the strand...very lovely.. @jeg has the lighting down pat but I think I've found a good source. It take some playing around with but you have it...

Last edited:

The pearls are little (7.2-7.9 I think). The visual interest is big. The little knobby ones, the two-toned pearls, and the array of colors that of course don't translate in pictures make this a unique addition to my collection. It's multicolor, but still neutral. In short, I love it!View attachment 465163View attachment 465161View attachment 465162
Beautiful pearls and your pictures are great!

Thanks so much, heartofawareness, CatMom and BWeaves! You guys are too kind! BWeaves, they come from all over the place… I’ve had that particular dress for several years. I bought it at a local boutique which was one of my favorite places. Unfortunately, the owner decided to retire a couple years ago and the whole shop was closed. Same with my favorite shop in Hawaii- the owner retired and the shop closed.

Lary007, I love your new Tahitians and the photos are picture perfect! I’m so glad you shared. I love those little keshi, too! Keshi make such great studs.

I found 2 graduated strands of Akoya pearls in these two colors and I snatched them up. They are vintage but the colors are so unusual. Not sure if I should mix them up and make a longer tin-cup necklace OR just restring them as is. Your thoughts? I've already removed the old thread/silk and cleaned them. They are ready for restringing.View attachment 465135View attachment 465136
I think I know what I want to do with these...I have a very nice strand of white Akoya graduated pearls the same size as these two strands and I'm thinking about doing a TRIPLE strand of graduated in the 3 colors. Silver on top, white in the middle and the blues as the longest. They look really cool together. The only problem is that since they are all the same length, I'll need some extra pearls/beads to fill out the 2 lengths of the middle and long strands. Perhaps some gold beads or non-matching 3mm pearls...I'll have to see what I can put together and how it looks. White I could probably find in a 3mm but the blue will be much more difficult to locate in that size. Since the additional pearls/beads would be by the clasp, perhaps it won't matter that much.
What do you thing of a 3-color Akoya Graduated Necklace?

I think I know what I want to do with these...I have a very nice strand of white Akoya graduated pearls the same size as these two strands and I'm thinking about doing a TRIPLE strand of graduated in the 3 colors. Silver on top, white in the middle and the blues as the longest. They look really cool together. The only problem is that since they are all the same length, I'll need some extra pearls/beads to fill out the 2 lengths of the middle and long strands. Perhaps some gold beads or non-matching 3mm pearls...I'll have to see what I can put together and how it looks. White I could probably find in a 3mm but the blue will be much more difficult to locate in that size. Since the additional pearls/beads would be by the clasp, perhaps it won't matter that much.
What do you thing of a 3-color Akoya Graduated Necklace?
I am very invested and can't wait to see how it turns out!

And @jeg, I am loving the tiny tahitians!

MOPTrumpet, really, the only opinion that matters is yours’. Would you like it, and would you wear it? I do not own any multi-strand necklaces, as I tend to create any layers with individual pieces. You, on the other hand, have several and wear them well. So, it’s more a matter of your preference and style. Plus, if you don’t like the combination, you can always take it apart.:giggle:

Thanks so much, CatMom, heartofawareness, and lary007! It does look bigger in pics. I took a comparison pic for you next to one of the Fiji bracelets. The pearls on that bracelet, I think, are around 9-11mm. The tiny Tahitian bracelets are 6-7mm.
IMG_5433.jpeg

MOPTrumpet, really, the only opinion that matters is yours’. Would you like it, and would you wear it? I do not own any multi-strand necklaces, as I tend to create any layers with individual pieces. You, on the other hand, have several and wear them well. So, it’s more a matter of your preference and style. Plus, if you don’t like the combination, you can always take it apart.:giggle:

Thanks so much, CatMom, heartofawareness, and lary007! It does look bigger in pics. I took a comparison pic for you next to one of the Fiji bracelets. The pearls on that bracelet, I think, are around 9-11mm. The tiny Tahitian bracelets are 6-7mm.
View attachment 465169
wow..that Fijian bracelet is gorgeous and the tinies are just as beautiful 🥰 {be still my heart}

Today is a very simple day, though I LOVE what I'm wearing: Tiny (7.9mm) Golden SSP tin cup with pink tourmaline in Rose Gold from Sarah at Ocean's Cove (@JerseyPearl) and 10mm GSS studs from PP. Love this tin cup...and those tiny goldens are just to die for...exquisite!

Attachments

• 20230711_131345.jpg
    20230711_131345.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230711_143438.jpg
    20230711_143438.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 74
On to happier things! Here are pics of my two newest undrilled beauties from the Houston Gem Show. Aloha Pearls had delicious bowls of multiple size undrilled pearls sorted by color-they almost looked like fruity cereal! These two were just calling my name. I love wearing my Net Pendant with pearls the color of my outfit. I wear lots of pink/purple and green. Minor imperfections in the pearls but the net covers most of them. Best of all was meeting Aloha Pearls' wonderful sales representative. She was such a delight to visit with and share ideas.
View attachment 465100View attachment 465101
You've netted some beauties! Pun intended :)

Today is a very simple day, though I LOVE what I'm wearing: Tiny (7.9mm) Golden SSP tin cup with pink tourmaline in Rose Gold from Sarah at Ocean's Cove (@JerseyPearl) and 10mm GSS studs from PP. Love this tin cup...and those tiny goldens are just to die for...exquisite!
Love how dainty they are and look great on you :D

I'm going to segway into the PP Vault Sale and this insanely gorgeous 11.0 - 14.5 mm White Edison Pearl necklace... (yes, I did). This is absolutely STUNNING! It's 17.5 inches but fits more like a 16".

The description from PP:

"Round, large and lustrous, this is a statement strand of pearls. Think Wilma Flintstone! It's one of the finest strands of Edison pearls we've ever offered, and there is only one strand available.

Available only in the past few years, Edison pearls represent a recent innovation in the freshwater pearl category. Instead of growing these pearls with a tissue-graft like all other freshwater pearls, an implant is used. This is the method used to grow the world's rarest saltwater pearls. The results are simply amazing. The pearls look very similar to the Australian South Sea - the most expensive pearls in the world."​

I never thought I could pull off pearls of this size but that notion has been thrown out the window. They look great with a T-Shirt and leggings! Wearing them with a pair of 10mm studs. I've also taken a picture next to a 10mm strand for comparison...

View attachment 465121View attachment 465122View attachment 465123
Insane Luster! Gorgeous!

Thanks so much, CatMom and heartofawareness!! Heartofawareness, more gorgeous beautiful pearls for you! Perfect for layering or on their own. Just lovely!

And another pic of the large baroque Akoya strand from Takahashi, worn with a tin cup I made with unusual natural colors of baroque Akoya also from Takahashi, and freshwater flower earrings.
View attachment 465139View attachment 465140
I love your Baroque Akoyas! Just splendid!

The pearls are little (7.2-7.9 I think). The visual interest is big. The little knobby ones, the two-toned pearls, and the array of colors that of course don't translate in pictures make this a unique addition to my collection. It's multicolor, but still neutral. In short, I love it!View attachment 465163View attachment 465161View attachment 465162
Gorgeous baroques...and the tiny keshi necklace is also a beaut!

Back